SethO's GolfTec Training Thread

Setho,

I am interested to know how the Golftec process or formula is used in a case where they are trying to get you swinging more inside out instead of outside in. How do they implement the Golftec technology in that instance?

Also, it never fails. There are times when you don’t even feel that exhausted as far as your total mental and physical state but you are tired in the golf sense and a whole bunch of things just fall apart. For example I have a tendency to start to slide the hips when I get to just that sort of state. The only thing that helps me is that I am growing used to which bad habits I tend to revert to once I get to that state of “golf tired”. The actual swing changes tend to be incremental and are often subtle from one swing to the next. So for example as far as my sliding the hips is concerned, I will eventually get so bad that I am not turning them at all. Yet, instead of being able to just recognize that I am sliding my hips I first recognize that the ball action I am experiencing at that point tends to happen when I am sliding my hips. That will get me to focus attention on what my hips are really doing. I am often mortified at how bad I have gotten at the point when I am finally doing something about it.

I did GolfTec last year for 4 months after taking 3 years off of golf due to injury. Rebuilt my swing, set up, take away, tempo. Had a great year last year and a great first half this year. 3 weeks ago my draw left me on my drives, pushing everything to the right.

Took a 30 minute refresher lesson. The video showed I was not turning my wrists over through impact and releasing the club face. A few drills, a few ranges sessions, my round friday had me back on track.

Plus they measured my swing speed, ball speed, zero side spin. Swing speed was 90 - 95 on the driver.

Good to get lessons throughout all of your golfing life. Old habits creep back in.

I had a very frustrating lesson yesterday. My swing is looking pretty good, but my takeaway regressed and I was getting a shoulder turn halfway through the swing of 35 when it should really be closer to 45. I was tired and my muscles were still healing from a heavy weekend with a lot of swings. It is frustrating because I had no problem doing this before.

Sorry to hear that man. But it sounds like its something you can fix. Really pulling for you Seth!

Keep the mind strong Seth, minor setbacks are to be expected and not frowned upon or worried about. Take a small step back then you will make a big leap forward. You can do it!!!

Thanks guys. Nothing is more frustrating when my body is not doing what my mind is telling it to do. I think I need to take a few days off and I will probably be right as rain.

Those days are frustrating, but they are also the ones that let you appreciate the better days!

Sean I'm thinking about taking a lesson their but only one. I have one swing problem with my driver and need it fixed. With your experience, do you think in the 90 minutes they would be able to help me and then give me a plan if we can't fix it in that one lesson, or will they just try to persuade me to come back?

Ur lessons sound a lot like mine- I started Golftec in April- took about 10lessons this year- they do s great job of training their instructors. I think the hardest thing for me was starting the downswing and getting back on plane- I was soooo far right fir awhile, you have to close the face a lot more without an over the top move. How many lessons have you had?

Glad to hear ya like Golftec I couldn't imagine taking lessons anywhere else. The practice bays will come in handy this winter for me

Sean I'm thinking about taking a lesson their but only one. I have one swing problem with my driver and need it fixed. With your experience, do you think in the 90 minutes they would be able to help me and then give me a plan if we can't fix it in that one lesson, or will they just try to persuade me to come back?

They have a specific driver class think it's 90 minutes. It's diff from a swing Analysis or swing lesson, they just get you hitting the driver kong n straight

I don't know how many lessons I have had. I have not been keeping track. My ball striking has improved by leaps and bounds. My swing slowed down when I first started taking lessons, but we are working on putting a little more power into it by using my lower body correctly. I have always just used my upper body to swing, but now I am creating space with my hips and getting more lag. He said he would like to see my driver SS increase by 5 or so MPH.

When I am on my swing, I hit a very nice draw and my miss is a push, but not a slice. With a little more practice and consistency, I will be shooting some low numbers and getting that handicap down to the single digits. I am pleased at where I am at considering the amount of time I have been playing golf and I have GolfTec to thank for that.

You got me impressed with your ball striking! I love watching you hit those solid iron shots that seem to go forever. Especially your long irons off the par fours :golf2:

i've been fortunate enough to play a considerable amount of golf with setho and it's been great watching his game transform. by the end of next summer he'll be a single digit capper, no doubt about it. when we first met, he was all about banging! banging everything, driver, 3w, irons, you name it, but he's playing much smarter golf and he's eliminating those big numbers when that dreaded push shows up. he's a very solid ball striker with his irons and now that he has HIS flat stick, watch out!!! this dude's gonna be a gamer!

now that he has HIS flat stick, watch out!!! this dude's gonna be a gamer!

You've got that right. I was calling him "The Machine" when he was sinking some 1 putts on Saturday.

Glad to see the Golf Tec lessons have been rocking well for others. I'm about to start my 6 month training program with them as well. Looking forward to the results and less to the frustration

they really know what a swing needs to be. They will show you, or compare you to the top tours on the circuit, in side by side video, frame by frame. You can pick which pro you want to compare to even. (im tiger everytime lol, sometimes AK) but once you get the basics down and see what a swing should be- i think that helped the most - i tried to teach myself how to swing - and its just tooo complicated. Its easy to make little adjustments along the way - so long as you know what you are trying to attain. Good luck SethO and tuna. Hope to hit it with ya all in florida this spring.

Heh, he's been compairing me to Els so far

Just read through this Seth..Very nice..
thinking of taking the plunge....
I have to drive about 80 miles towards Nashville for my Golftec, but my upcoming rotating schedule might just be a good fit for that....

Just read through this Seth..Very nice..
thinking of taking the plunge....
I have to drive about 80 miles towards Nashville for my Golftec, but my upcoming rotating schedule might just be a good fit for that....

Completely worth it bro! I swear by GolfTec now as long as you get the right instructor for you. My swing is so much improved and I am playing some really good golf for only having played the sport for 1 year and 7 months. GolfTec is responsible for my success (plus a lot of practice).

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

Seth -- I am proud of ya buddy! You keep hitting the ball like you are and there will be some good players going down come May :D

Completely worth it bro! I swear by GolfTec now as long as you get the right instructor for you. My swing is so much improved and I am playing some really good golf for only having played the sport for 1 year and 7 months.

I will second that for myself. I've gone from shooting mostly in the mid-to-upper 90s, sometimes worse, to where after starting lessons in January my last two rounds have been 85 and could/should be lower. Last round included three doubles and a triple. If those were just regular bogeys I'd have been at an 80. Drop one three putt on a par five and I'm at 79. Just some fine tuning now and I'll have dropped 15-20 strokes off of my game with GolfTEC's help.

Seth -- I am proud of ya buddy! You keep hitting the ball like you are and there will be some good players going down come May :D

Thanks Ole Gray! My goal is to get to a single digit HI by the end of summer.

Thanks Ole Gray! My goal is to get to a single digit HI by the end of summer.

I am betting that you do SethO, I believe the single digit is well within your reach in that time period. As a UGA fan you know what I mean when I say GATA.

I am betting that you do SethO, I believe the single digit is well within your reach in that time period. As a UGA fan you know what I mean when I say GATA.

I am definitely getting after it! I am shooting single digit numbers after 9, but I can never put two solid sides together and some days I act like I have never seen a club lol. Summer is rolling around and I will be on the course a lot and really working on the game.

I officially had my last GolfTec lesson last night. We went over working the ball from left to right. I had been doing it by opening my stance, putting more grip pressure with my left hand and loosening my grip with my right and opening the face. He gave me a new way of doing it and that was coming into the ball at a steeper angle and holding off the club face to leave it open. He gave me the example of Tiger at the Masters when he hit that massive cut 9 iron around the trees. The way he explained it made all the sense in the world to me and I was able to produce a left to right cut within a couple of shots. He told me that I have a lot of practicing to do to be able to know how much to cut the ball and what kind of swing will produce what kind of cut. I am very excited to get out on some grass and try out my new way of producing a cut. I am going to practice and practice till I am able to move the ball around at will. This is going to make golf more fun for me (as if it isn't so much fun already). Playing these shots makes me feel like an artist athlete.

Back