Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - safe for Ping irons?

Well - glad I asked. I picked up 2 boxes today - they work as advertised. Sweet!

They also work around the house for lots of stuff. I cleaned up baseboards and interior doors recently with them.

Are you fearful of the magic eraser damaging your clubs or grips? I have used it often with no problems on my driver face, iron heads, grips, and shoes.

I still used water and a brush for the grooves of the iron faces first.

not so much fearful as why mess with chemicals when plain old water works just fine

Going to go steal one from the wife and try it out. Thanks for the tips!

LOL my girlfriend started noticing that magic erasers were missing and NO housework was any cleaner. LOL. She said i know your taking them - maybe you could wipe the sink every once in awhile. HAHHAA. then i told her it was for my golf clubs and she threw her arms up. hahaha I was trying to control my laughter.

I have used it many times on all my clubs. Never had a single issue. THe abrasives in Magic Erasers are more chemical than physical and have never caused any harm to any of my clubs. While I will never guarantee anything, I can tell you that I am pretty fond of my equipment and have never had an issue and use it to clean my clubs all the time.

Crowns/paint too?

Yup. Used them just today on 6 drivers with all different crown colors with no issues.

Now THAT'S what I like to hear....I'm off to the store!

Last edited:
not so much fearful as why mess with chemicals when plain old water works just fine

I see what you are saying! But they clean the grips much better than just water. But they aren't really needed for the faces. I think they remove marks from driver face better than anything else I have tried.

When I got my putter vibranted, a white grip was used and it looks sweet, but it got dirty as expected, and I wanted it clean again. Magic eraser to the rescue, it looks brand new again.

u guys use these things on your shoes too?

This is one of the best ways to clean your clubs. I keep one in my bag to use on the grips during those hot and humid days. Doesn't totally clean them but it gets just enough of the oil and and sweat off them

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

:eek:fftopic:
I've got one of these mounted in my garage and I just keep it full of Windex. Cleans clubs and balls along with a old tooth brush. I clean my clubs after every round.

PABBAAODIJHHKCAA.jpg

Last edited:
Me to great product not had any issues yet !
I agree with JB. I use the Magic Eraser on all my clubs, including the grips. I have white multicomp grips on my driver and 5W and now they look like new again!

Tried this on my grips the other day and it worked great. I always use it on my shoes and driver though

They really do work wonders, I'm a big fan of the magic eraser + tooth brush & soapy water for a complete cleaning of my clubs.

Yup. Used them just today on 6 drivers with all different crown colors with no issues.

Now THAT'S what I like to hear....I'm off to the store!

Well, I tried it on a crown of a Machspeed tonight and it didn't work worth a darn. It also dulled the finish in the paint so I suggest being careful what you use these things on. It did, however clean up a window sill that I thought I would have to re-paint.

Well, I tried it on a crown of a Machspeed tonight and it didn't work worth a darn. It also dulled the finish in the paint so I suggest being careful what you use these things on. It did, however clean up a window sill that I thought I would have to re-paint.
If you have a smudge on the crown, you may want to try Scratch-X. You may have to use several application, but it works. I wax my driver and wood heads every few weeks. Keeps them nice and shiny and it seems to protect them.

I've got one of these mounted in my garage and I just keep it full of Windex. Cleans clubs and balls along with a old tooth brush. I clean my clubs after every round.

PABBAAODIJHHKCAA.jpg

You clean your old toothbrushes in that thing?!?!?

PABBAAODIJHHKCAA.jpg
Great idea Hoosier! Props to you!!

If you have a smudge on the crown, you may want to try Scratch-X. You may have to use several application, but it works. I wax my driver and wood heads every few weeks. Keeps them nice and shiny and it seems to protect them.

The smudge, it did nothing for or anything else for that matter. Where can this "Scratch-X" be found?

as with any powerful cleaner - test in an inconspicuous place first - (bottom or something) worst case youll see what it does. I imagine you just took a protective coating off the top as the magic eraser has a chemical agent in it. Use your favorite car wax on the "dulled" spot and it will shine right back up. (put a tiny amount of wax on with a pad or towel, let dry - then buff off with a clean towel)

THis dulled the finish of the paint? Ironically I too used it on a MachSpeed tonight and 3 other drivers that we were sending back. Every one of them came out perfect and no marring. Been using them on clubs for years now.

Im very curious about the dulled finish though. I mean in it would technically have to cut through about 2 layers of clear coat (on drivers) to dull it. Do you see swirl marks in the finish of the crown?

Swirl marks happen when the clear coat is broken down or unevened and would always happen before any dulling of the finish occurred (just like with cars). You should be able to take a picture of it with any flash camera from the setup position and if there are swirl marks, they would appear every time. Can you grab a photo of the swirls?

Back