Shoes...Most Bang for $$$

Mardin

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of nice, comfortable, durable, ect, golf shoes, that won't break the bank. I've done a lot of research on the topic and I am kind of at a standstill. I prefer Nike, but I'm open to just about anything.

What's your budget?

Footjoy Greenjoys. You can usually pick them up from TGW for about $35 and IMO they are very comfortable and very durable.

I found a pair of $100 Foot Joys at Golf Galaxy for $55 they are most comfortable shoes I have. Will not by Nike again after the ones I had, had the sole come unglued from the air bubble.

Having tried on just about every pair of shoes that has come out over the last 3 years, I can safely say that NOT all shoes are created equally. Different things to look for in what separates good from bad are:

Comfort - Most important aspect and will be different for everybody.
Style - Purely subjective
Technology - Dont let some fool you, there is a TON of technology in golf shoes
Durability - NOT all shoes are created equally

Some will recommend FJ Greenjoys and a few others that are VERY cheap and if that is the goal here, then I say just go with the cheapest you can find. However if your goal is to find a high level golf shoe filled with great technology, amazing materials, and top notch comfort (for me), cost can be an issue.

Two shoes that jump out to me in this range are

Nike Lunar Control
adidas Golf Powerband 3.0

Both of these are priced in the middle and both are incredible bargains at their price range.

Instead of spending $39 for green joys drop an additional $5-10 on the adidas innolux. Great shoe, water proof and the adifoam/adituff are well worth the extra money. Nikes new line is down right amazing, and I do not typically like Nike shoes. JB has a review on here somewhere if they're in your price range.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I like to buy Nike's a season or two out... serious savings and nice shoes. You can usually get them for 50% - 65% off at least.

From personal experience, don't buy the Nike Heritage. They are everywhere and horribly uncomfortable. Depending on your price range, I would look at the two shoes JB listed or even the Adidas Powerband 2.0's.

I just bought my brother some Adidas Powerband 2.0's on ebay for $35. Not a bad price at all.

FJ contour

Posted this earlier in another thread but I'm a big believer of the Adidas Tech Response 3.0 shoes. I have had some for a few months now and I love everything about them. Comfortable, good looking, light, easy to clean, and if you take the spikes out you can wear them as actual shoes(probably do this once I wear them out past golf course use, then buy another pair) They have that regular shoe athletic look but with spikes. I got mine of eBay for $45 and there $60 on zappos.com last time I checked. I have the gray/silver/black ones with orange on the bottom. I will find a picture and add it here in a second. There fairly cheap but awesome golf shoes. You can read a few reviews out there on the Internet and I have read nothing but good things.

Edit: they come in white, black, and these are the ones I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang it, wouldn't let me add the picture after I edited. So here you go.

a6cd0a2d-7989-a095.jpg

Whichever route you go, make sure the shoes are leather and not synthetic. They will last longer, feel better, and look nicer as they wear and break in

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Whichever route you go, make sure the shoes are leather and not synthetic. They will last longer, feel better, and look nicer as they wear and break in

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I gotta disagree here. It all depends on the shoe. I had leather ones that get that huge crease in them then just won't come out, I don't like the way that looks. I have synthetic ones right now (ones above) and they are by far way comfortable than any leather shoe I have worn. They also still look great and not showing any signs of falling apart. I don't see why it would matter which way he went, but then again I'm not a big golf shoe person like some of you. So y'all will probably know more, I just know I like these better than any leather golf shoe I have had.

I found a pair of Nike shox golf shoes (which are discontinued) and have found those to be the most comfortable golf shoes I've owned. They are literally running shoes with spikes. Extremely comfortable, light, and they look sweet. If your going for a traditional look then they are not your shoe. They can still be found on eBay. I don't like using a cart (walking and carrying your bag 18 holes burns between 1200 and 1500 calories!) and after I walk a round I have zero discomfort.

I gotta disagree here. It all depends on the shoe. I had leather ones that get that huge crease in them then just won't come out, I don't like the way that looks. I have synthetic ones right now (ones above) and they are by far way comfortable than any leather shoe I have worn. They also still look great and not showing any signs of falling apart. I don't see why it would matter which way he went, but then again I'm not a big golf shoe person like some of you. So y'all will probably know more, I just know I like these better than any leather golf shoe I have had.

He is not talking about leather vs mesh or canvas but rather leather vs fake leather. As for the big crease in them, just like anything made of leather, that is from the user and lack of care and not the shoe. If a leather shoe is conditioned properly the material will not crack.

I like to buy Nike's a season or two out... serious savings and nice shoes. You can usually get them for 50% - 65% off at least.

I've found this is the best way to get golf shoes on the cheap. Look for the high-end discontinued and close-outs, especially over the winter and in the spring when new stuff comes out. The last year models get drastically reduced sometimes. If you can get the highest quality for half off, that is a pretty bang for the buck.

FWIW....here is the shoe tally for what was worn at the WGC this past week:

FootJoy- 34
adidas- 14
Nike- 6

I tried a bunch of shoes on a couple of weeks ago: Ecco, Nike, Adidas, Foot Joy. My price comfort zone is around $100, but I tried on shoes all the way up and down the range. I ended up buying a pair of the Adidas Adicomfort 2's (MSRP of $80). Comfortable in the store, and I'll find out on the course soon.

What's your budget?

I'd say $75 is my budget, but I have seen a few pairs in the $100 range that look amazing. From what everyone is saying, it just seems to be a better fit to pay the extra $$$ to get a shoe that feels good and will last me a few seasons.

I'd say $75 is my budget, but I have seen a few pairs in the $100 range that look amazing. From what everyone is saying, it just seems to be a better fit to pay the extra $$$ to get a shoe that feels good and will last me a few seasons.

I think you could get a good pair of shoes in the $75 range.

I usually get my shoes when they release a new model, you get a top notch shoes at great prices.

There are a lot of good pairs in that price range. usually you will have to scale back to a previous season's shoe to get the most bang for your buck though. Nothing wrong with that at all. Nike Tour Elite II and adidas Golf Powerband 2.0s both might fit this budget now.

Just bought a pair of adicomforts from golfetail on ebay for $35. A local golf shop wanted to charge me $99 for the 2010 model which was being closed out. I got the white/black pair, now on the search for the white/brown pair.

There are a lot of good pairs in that price range. usually you will have to scale back to a previous season's shoe to get the most bang for your buck though. Nothing wrong with that at all. Nike Tour Elite II and adidas Golf Powerband 2.0s both might fit this budget now.

Yep. Like I said, the 2.0 was a great shoe for me and they are worth every dollar right now.

Back