How often do you actually hit the sweet spot?

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
For me- Not too often. about 1 out of five, more or less as the clubs get longer/shorter.

I'd say 30 percent of strikes are within the area of the sweet spot. Another 45 percent are just outside of the sweet spot in an acceptable location - the other 25 perfect of off the toe, hosel, or any other awful location.

Tap before talk.

I'd say 30 percent of strikes are within the area of the sweet spot. Another 45 percent are just outside of the sweet spot in an acceptable location - the other 25 perfect of off the toe, hosel, or any other awful location.

Tap before talk.
I can agree with that....some days are better percentages.

I probably hit the dead center of the sweet spot fewer times in a round than I have digits on my left hand.

Somewhere near the sweet spot is, mercifully, a bit more frequent.

more often than not

Reactions: TC
I'd say I hit the sweetspot about 90% of the time. It doesn't always go in the right direction though.

I hit the sweetspot pretty regularly I think. My problem like LPM is direction

100%. I have 2 planned kids! :laughing:

I'd say I hit the sweetspot about 90% of the time. It doesn't always go in the right direction though.

+2. Maybe less with the driver, like 75/80% but near 90% with the irons. Just too bad the ball doesn't know where I'm aiming.

Depends on the club. I hit it more often with wedges and scoring irons than with longer clubs.

I get that nice, "dead-centre" feel about 50% of the time...however, my problem isn't contact on full swings...it's my short game!

I'm much better as of late with the longer clubs than I used to be and while ball striking has improved for me, I still find myself missing the sweet spot on my irons just to the left/right more than I like.

I'd say I hit the sweet spot around 25% of the time, another 50% are remotely close and the last 25% are just horrible shots!

70% sweet spot
25% ok
5% bad

Probably 50% to 60% with the irons & hybrids only about 20% to 30% with the driver and about 50% with the 3 wood. 80% with putter, but unfortunately, I can't hit the putter from the tee.

Last edited:
On a normal day with my irons and wedges, I hit the sweet spot most of the time these days. With my driver, it seems to be almost never.

I'd say it's much less frequent than everyone thinks. If you're hitting the sweet spot all the time you'll have about a dime to quarter sized wear-mark right in the sweet spot. I have a very slight one on my wedges, so I guess I tend to hit chips and 1/2 wedges pretty pure, but the rest of my clubs aren't even close to have anything in the sweet spot.

Edit: Throw some impact tape on your clubs and check it out.

Last edited:
Maybe I should say that most of my shots feel good and so I assume they hit the sweet spot. I definitely don't have a dime sized dispersion on my golf clubs. If that is the criteria, then my previous answer is completely incorrect.

I agree sounds about right

Irons probably 95%, driver not so much. =(

I'm guessing here, but 25 - 30% with the longer clubs and about 40% with the rest....

Like most, the % decreases as the length of the club increases. Irons getting better, driver has been not so good lately.

Maybe 20-30% of the time.

I'd say it's much less frequent than everyone thinks. If you're hitting the sweet spot all the time you'll have about a dime to quarter sized wear-mark right in the sweet spot. I have a very slight one on my wedges, so I guess I tend to hit chips and 1/2 wedges pretty pure, but the rest of my clubs aren't even close to have anything in the sweet spot.

This.

Back