The Academy Awards

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
The only best picture nominee I've seen is The Social Network. Good movie but not Oscar worthy in my opinion.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict The King's Speech. Movies about stuttering are always popular.

Kevin

I would like to the Fighter win

I haven't seen any of the movies that are up for anything this year so I am just not interested at all.

King's Speech for sure! I'd love to see Zimmer win for best score for Inception...I like Trent Reznor, but I think his work in Social Network was overrated...but that's just me!

Even though I haven't seen it, I'm pretty sure I would like Winter's Bone the best out of the nominees.

Kevin

Well we are watching the Academy Awards - it is because of my wife, I have only seen True Grit of all of the nominees.

True grit was very good

I haven't seen any of the movies that are up for anything this year so I am just not interested at all.

We don't watch any movies until they come out on DVD or In Demand. We have never gone to the movies together.

I hope True Grits wins. Coen brothers and Jeff Bridges are all amazing.

I was flipping channels during the simpsons - only to stumble upon Natalie Portman's acceptance speech.
That was just painful to watch.

Presenters did a good job, hosts were a little hazy. They need to bring comedians back, much better stage show then!

I "watched" it until my wife went to bed, when she told me goodnight, I switched the channel before she had left the room.

The Oscars this year were unbearable to watch. I like James Franco, but that was god awful stuff. It's the only award show that really means anything and they kinda destroyed it. I also think Inception got ripped off for a few categories. I still haven't seen the "King's Speech" so I can't speak for that movie yet.

I can't stand watching award shows, so we didn't. I am glad The King's Speech won - it is well deserved - a great film. Social Network is over-rated.

Don't like SN winning best score. I don't remember anything about the SN score except the over loud party scenes that threatened to destroy my surround sound, blow out windows, and cause my cats to have heart attacks.

Back