How often do you actually hit the sweet spot?

60% of the time, every time.

this thread cracks me up!! its almost as good as the good morning/good night thread

this thread cracks me up!! its almost as good as the good morning/good night thread

Im surprised some of the responses dont say " I always hit the sweet spot. How else could you work the ball like I do?" ...lol

Short irons maybe 50%..mid irons 30%..long irons, hybrid and 5 wood...25%..for some odd reason my 3 wood and driver are my best clubs..hard to say but more then 55%..saddest part of it all is i hit my putter on the sweet spot say maybe 15%..

You guys must've not seen the club after I practiced yesterday. Practically had a hole in the sweet spot. HA.

Im surprised some of the responses dont say " I always hit the sweet spot. How else could you work the ball like I do?" ...lol

I'd say it's much less frequent than everyone thinks. If you're hitting the sweet spot all the time you'll have about a dime to quarter sized wear-mark right in the sweet spot. I have a very slight one on my wedges, so I guess I tend to hit chips and 1/2 wedges pretty pure, but the rest of my clubs aren't even close to have anything in the sweet spot.

Edit: Throw some impact tape on your clubs and check it out.

I'm gonna agree with you here. I think it's much less than what most people think. If divided in thirds its more along the lines of 5-10% on, 45-65% manageable, 30-50% awful.

Of course in life it's 100%. It's all sweet baby.

hahaha...define workability!

You guys must've not seen the club after I practiced yesterday. Practically had a hole in the sweet spot. HA.

Dude, you invented the sweet spot

I don't always have to hit the sweet spot but when I do, I do it with Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound grips.

Pace yourself bro, dont wear them clubs out too soon before you decide on the next set. Try to be a little less accurate lol

The sweet spot is just a perception of reality.
Since I reject your perception and replace it with my own, I hit the sweet spot every time.

Good morning everyone!!! Oh....wrong thread

Chuck Norris' clubs always hit the ball on the sweet spot if they know what is good for them (and they do).

On a serious note, how big is the sweet spot? It is certainly bigger than a dime.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

I'd say it's much less frequent than everyone thinks. If you're hitting the sweet spot all the time you'll have about a dime to quarter sized wear-mark right in the sweet spot. I have a very slight one on my wedges, so I guess I tend to hit chips and 1/2 wedges pretty pure, but the rest of my clubs aren't even close to have anything in the sweet spot.

Edit: Throw some impact tape on your clubs and check it out.

You asked me this question on the internet. So I gave you my internet answer. If you asked me at the course I would tell you that I hit the sweet spot almost never.

Ben Hogan said that if he hit three perfect shots a round he was doing well. That should tell us something.

My Girlfriend says Never.

Seriously, I've found if you take a slower pace and focus on smooth transitions then maybe I won't have to take her shoping the next day.

ok just kidding, when the shaft is the right stiffness you can...
No i"m serious this time, it's all in how take care of your balls
no wait sorry, I can't stop, please help me.

I would have to say I hit the sweet spot well under 30% of the time since having my irons fit to me. I had a couple days last year that I felt like I was hitting it every single time, but thats super rare.

I'd say somewhere around 70-75% of the time, maybe more. My issue isn't so much with solid contact, it's with staying down and getting through the shot so it can hold the proper line. When I get too quick, I'll clear my hips very quickly which can open my shoulders a bit, leading to contact toward the toe.

I would say with my irons 75% of the time I hit the sweet spot, a little less with my driver and woods.

Id say about 40% of the time

I'm 0 internet handicap so of course its 95%.

I'd say about 60% dead on the sweet spot. 20% are around the sweet spot and still get good results. 20% are not in a good spot on the club face and results can be ugly.

I'd say 30 percent of strikes are within the area of the sweet spot. Another 45 percent are just outside of the sweet spot in an acceptable location - the other 25 perfect of off the toe, hosel, or any other awful location.

Tap before talk.

I totally agree with this! Well, with my game it is... Wait I think it is... It's been too long since I've played. I hope I'm remembering right. Come on snow get out of here already!!

Back