Should I join Facebook?

Kevin,

here's his entry from today:

Feb 28, 1991-Report released detailing the damage that millions of tourists breath damages and erodes Egyptian antiquities.

edit: and here's yesterdays

Feb 27, 1879-Constantine Fahlberg discovers saccharine, the first artificial sweetener (unless you count sugar of lead)

You should add a poll to this thread.

I would definitely vote 'Yes'.

And if you do, add me: http://www.facebook.com/ken419

LOL. I tried to put in a poll and couldn't figure it out. Which explains my concerns about dealing with a complicated The Facebook page.

Kevin

LOL. I tried to put in a poll and couldn't figure it out. Which explains my concerns about dealing with a complicated The Facebook page.

Kevin

I don't think you can start a poll once the thread has been opened. Just prior it being submitted you can go to advanced and add a poll.

Kevin,

here's his entry from today:

Feb 28, 1991-Report released detailing the damage that millions of tourists breath damages and erodes Egyptian antiquities.

edit: and here's yesterdays

Feb 27, 1879-Constantine Fahlberg discovers saccharine, the first artificial sweetener (unless you count sugar of lead)

For every one of these, I used to get two idiots complaining that they hate Monday or are REALLY tired. Facebook sucks!

For every one of these, I used to get two idiots complaining that they hate Monday or are REALLY tired. Facebook sucks!

I always unfollow or unfriend or dislike those people. I work in an office full of women, i hear that crap all day.

hater!

I don't think you can start a poll once the thread has been opened. Just prior it being submitted you can go to advanced and add a poll.

That's when I tried. I checked the little box for two answers, but didn't know where to write them out.

Kevin

I always unfollow or unfriend or dislike those people. I work in an office full of women, i hear that crap all day.

hater!

hehehehehe.

*insert inspirational quote with numerous misspellings here*

Sounds like Hawk has a case of the Mondays.

Kevin

That's when I tried. I checked the little box for two answers, but didn't know where to write them out.

Kevin

Next time you want to add a poll, pm one of the admins and they will walk ya through it. Once you selected two items it should have been two little boxes to type in the titles. Not sure what happened in your thread?

I'm new to FB. Ran into some fellow from Gray, GA. Funny thing is he likes to play golf too!

Next time you want to add a poll, pm one of the admins and they will walk ya through it. Once you selected two items it should have been two little boxes to type in the titles. Not sure what happened in your thread?

Don't pm me....i've never made a poll myself and don't have a clue how to.

Don't pm me....i've never made a poll myself and don't have a clue how to.

You won't be hearing from me. One try was enough.

Kevin

if i were new to all this
i would choose twitter over facebook... more golf celebs use it and i like to follow them on there
facebook is more ppl ive actually met irl and family

i would choose twitter over facebook... more golf celebs use it and i like to follow them on there
I don't understand Twitter at all.

my goal on twitter is to get as many celebs to reply to me as possible hahaha

If you do get it make sure you set it so that you don't get notifications to your email inbox or else you will wake up the next morning with 500 emails all from facebook.

I say do it. I was very skeptical. Tried it last year after urging from my wife. And I'm glad I did.

I never had a myspace acount or anything. Don't have a twitter account or a smart phone but I enjoy FB.

Kill 2 birds with 1 golf ball. I think you can link twitter to facebook. That way your twitters show up in facebook. But facebook postings don't show up on twitter.

Facebook is not too bad. Like others have said if you don't want to add someone to your friends list, then deny the request. You choose who you let into your world and leave it at that. The privacy settings are there for your protection and are not complicated to set up either!

I don't have a smart phone, I don't Twit, and I rarely send emails. I have a wife and daughter that see to most of my IT needs. I do like to forum it up on the Internet machine.

That being said, I'm kind of fascinated by The Facebook. I'm thinking I might like to make a comment about The Morgan Cup, or maybe make a friend. I'm not too keen on the idea of finding people I knew in high school or college, or have them find me, though I'm not far from my starting point, and am not exactly hiding out.

It seems The Facebook sort of puts a guy out there in a Mike Honcho kind of way. I'm also a little concerned that The Facebooking could lead to other Internet related habits like Twitting, texting, Skypeing, YouTubeing, or God forbid, online gaming. So far Foruming has been pretty satisfying, but I might like to try a little more.

Was anybody skeptical, especially if you're middle aged, but then after joining found The Facebook to be kind of fun and worthwhile? Help an old fellow out.

Kevin

I joined up only because JB and GG made a contest that was Facebook only. Never considered it before. Now I am on it every day, don't post much, but I still look around. Oh, and I play Mafia Wars. Level 445 or something now.

Oh and another thing to add... turn off all requests to Farmville, CityVille, WhateverVille, with the quickness. You'll thank me later.

I had to create a new page because all I ever saw was Farmville and Mafia Wars posts! I still use that one for games, but have a separate account for normal stuff. Normal being subjective, since it IS Facebook we are talking about! I turn off all game requests as they pop up the first time on this one.

Okay, so I'm like on The Facebook now, but I don't know what I'm doing. When do the friends start pouring in?

Kevin

Okay, so I'm like on The Facebook now, but I don't know what I'm doing. When do the friends start pouring in?

Kevin

Go to your profile page and copy and paste the url here.

Back