Should I keep............????

Super_Dave79

Reaction score
Handicap
way2high
New the forum and very new to golf (ie I'm still a bad player). With that being said, I made my first par the last round I played and my buddy said I should keep the ball.

Do you think this is stupid or a good idea?

I thought it was standard to keep the ball & scorecard for first birdie, eagle, hole in one, etc but not for par.

What do you experienced golfers think?

Sure, keep the ball, why not. Wish I had. I didn't even keep my first birdie ball but I got a congratulations by Tom Watson when he signed his book!

There's no standard. That's a great accomplishment. Keep it!

Anyone can establish their own milestones. Keep it. That's a good accomplishment.

Sure, keep the ball, why not. Wish I had. I didn't even keep my first birdie ball but I got a congratulations by Tom Watson when he signed his book!
That is better than still having the ball IYAM

I don't have the ball for my hole in one or my albatross. But to each their own. If you think it is cool, then by all means keep it and display it.

It just depends on how sentimental those things are to you. I'm still waiting for the hole-in-one and will probably keep the ball somewhere but otherwise it's just another day on the course. I'm a minimalist... if something is laying around and not getting used I just consider it clutter.

I wish I had kept them. I usually ended up playing them that same day until I lost them! I have kept a few monumental balls since and plan to continue keeping some of them. Now if I can just remember to buy a display for them.............

That is better than still having the ball IYAM

3a7183b4.jpg
15820d84.jpg

I kept my 1st par ball, and why not? I worked hard for that and was happy that it was a new ball too. Good job on the par man, here's to many more! :drinks:

I don't keeps balls, I definitely keep scorecards though. Nice par.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'll keep it.

My par was on an elevated par 3 over water. I barely got over the water with my 1st shot and then I pitched decently up to the fringe. I then sank about a 30 ft putt. My jaw hit the ground and my buddy started cheering loudly. I'll remember it for a long long time. Now its time to make a birdie memory lol!

BTW, that Tom Watson autograph is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Yep.....Keep it. Nothing at all wrong with a way to remember the day.

Its an accomplishment, I say keep it :D

I've got mine stashed away! :good:

I have the ball from the first round I ever played sitting on my desk. It was from a par-58 executive course, but that still counts! I think I had an up-and-down for par, so I guess it's the ball from my first par too. Never thought about that, hehe.

I say keep it if you feel that it's important to you. If not, then keep playing it until you make a birdie with it or fire it into the woods or a pond! Nice putt for par, by the way, well done!

I kept mine, along with the scorecard.
Just added a ball for my first birdie last week.

I have kept a few balls, First time I broke 40 on 9 holes(39) my lowest round ever 74 on par 72 6400 yds. and the one on the top of the T.V. in a display the Pro V1 that I made a 209 yd Hole-in-One with, thats my collection of personal best balls

Sure keep it!! Heck I almost kept the ball from my first fairway hit! LOL

I don't keep scorecards or the balls. I might consider it if I had a hole in one, but other than that most of my par/birdie balls end up retired into the woods or water at some point (most likely in the very same round).

Back