Blugold WI
snap hook NV
Dirt_Guy IA
The_Due NE
IcyShanks NE
clam fist TN
Bogey317 IN
aggro AL

That is 13 people, if you want in, shoot me an email and I will put you on the list. RH PN Ming. Thanks to everyone, and I hope you enjoy your TWO weekends with the putter.

Last edited:
Ohh baby. Coming to me very soon.

nice I think that I should get it sometime in late April. That will work out perfectly for me.

Mid may is PERFECT for me. A lot of the courses here in Vegas are at their peak in Early summer. Too early and they're still beat up from the cold wet winters. Too late and they're destroyed from the heat. OH man I can't wait to get my hands on this badboy.
@DirtGuy just to let you know buddy, My weekends are Wednesdays and Thursdays so you might get it a day or two earlier.

Thanks for the list captain3jack....this works!!!

Ohh baby. Coming to me very soon.

Should be sooner than you think, jman says he will mail it the 1st part of next week, and being as I am retired, I plan to take it to the course about 5 or 6 times which surely will not be 2 weekends. I will keep you posted on shipping details.

Awesome. Thanks DawgDaddy!

At first I was sad to see my name at the bottom. Now I am glad! That will put my time sometime around summer vacation! Maybe even in time for FarmLinks!

At first I was sad to see my name at the bottom. Now I am glad! That will put my time sometime around summer vacation! Maybe even in time for FarmLinks!

Maybe you can drop it off at my house on your way back, or we can Tee it up if my schedule is clear.

Thanks for letting me get in on the demo!

Mid may is PERFECT for me. A lot of the courses here in Vegas are at their peak in Early summer. Too early and they're still beat up from the cold wet winters. Too late and they're destroyed from the heat. OH man I can't wait to get my hands on this badboy.
@DirtGuy just to let you know buddy, My weekends are Wednesdays and Thursdays so you might get it a day or two earlier.

Cool beans! May is gonna be perfect course conditions for me. I'll see what kind of luck I can put into it before sending it your way Duey.

I have to admit, that is an intriguing proposal. Just don't make fun of my crazy terrible skills.

Maybe you can drop it off at my house on your way back, or we can Tee it up if my schedule is clear.

Here is a the order:
jman215 OK
DawgDaddy GA
CHunkylover77 NC
Johnboy12.5 VA
ddec0418 NY
Blugold WI
snap hook NV
Dirt_Guy IA
The_Due NE
IcyShanks NE
clam fist TN
Zac IN Need screen name
aggro AL

That is 13 people, if you want in, shoot me an email and I will put you on the list. RH PN Ming. Thanks to everyone, and I hope you enjoy your TWO weekends with the putter.

Add Kokogirl

===== QUOTE Snap Hook ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Cool beans! May is gonna be perfect course conditions for me. I'll see what kind of luck I can put into it before sending it your way Duey.

Several of us meeting in Denver in May DG, put that shipping toward gas money and hook up with me in Hastings. We'll play a round of golf, go drink a beer and head to Denver.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Several of us meeting in Denver in May DG, put that shipping toward gas money and hook up with me in Hastings. We'll play a round of golf, go drink a beer and head to Denver.

I had that thought in the back of my mind. Perfect opportunity to get their putter in the hands of multiple THPers. We'll see what happens as time nears. May should be a busy month but I'll probably be able to get a day or 2 off for travel.

Just wiped the Ming down with a Silicone Cloth and signed the HC. Going in the box tonight and out in the morning, will provide the tracking number to the proper people tomorrow at work!

Got 6 rounds on this little stick. Lots to write about, full thoughts will go to Craig first and I'll post it up here afterwards. Cannot thank you enough TP Mills!

Just wiped the Ming down with a Silicone Cloth and signed the HC. Going in the box tonight and out in the morning, will provide the tracking number to the proper people tomorrow at work!

Got 6 rounds on this little stick. Lots to write about, full thoughts will go to Craig first and I'll post it up here afterwards. Cannot thank you enough TP Mills!

Looking forward to rolling it for a few days. I will get together with Ole Gray and KellyBo and let them try it out if they like.

Well, I've sent this to Craig and he read it so its time to post it here, I'm putting my thoughts in spoiler tags for those who do NOT want to read othrs thoughts until they make their own!

Spoiler
T.P. Mills “Anvil Series” Ming

Looks:
I’m a sucker for a high-toe design, and the Ming delivers. The lines on this thing are just so nice all the way around and flow throughout, which is a big deal for me and my eye. The face milling is truly unique and unlike anything I’ve seen in person before, but, the milling on the Mills putters isn’t what ever makes the feel in my experience, more on that later though. The cavity and face stamping/milling looks fantastic and the white/red goes perfect with the finish on the sticks, it’s a timeless finish and one that makes me personally know it’s a Mills form a mile away. My only knock is the sole stamping/milling, I’m just not a huge fan. I know Craig said the retail models will be a little deeper and maybe that will help my eye and opinion out, it might just be the script though. Its hard for me to pinpoint but the sole is a little thing anyways in my personal opinion. As for the Headcover, T.P. Mills are among the best in the game as far as actually designs go and it shows. I actually enjoyed the “Crosshairs” grip as well, moreso than I thought I would.

Feel:
Great. I’m a carbon-head first off and Mills carbon feels great to me in the 6 rounds I had it out and about as well as time in the house. The best thing is you can actually feel where you are striking the ball on your stroke by not only the tone but the feel of the overall putter. The weighting is nice as the whole weigh sits in the perfect range of being able to feel the head throughout the stroke but not being overwhelmed by the weight, its very balanced.

Sound:
I’m going to say this again very clearly. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE SOUND OF A MILLS CARBON PUTTER! It is an entity unto its own as its such a unique type of “click” that you get from it stroke after stroke. That is NOT to say it is “clicky” as I’ve had many putters that classify as that but its just a Mills sound, my Tradition II is the same way and I love it. Its just so different on my ears. I know that’s sort of vague but hopefully others will know what I’m saying after rolling it.

Performance:
I played 6 rounds with the Ming, it rolls true and smooth as can be and with the audible feedback it’s a very nice one. I really cannot go much more into it than that because I am NOT good with a plumber’s neck, no matter how many times I try it I’m a flow neck or center-shaft kind of guy. So, me going into too much detail on performance would not be totally fair because of that.

All-in-all:
If the rest of the Anvil Series performs like the Ming the entire series will be winners. Great price range, great performance, and a legendary name means a legit product line. I can dig it.

Looky, looky what the mailman dropped off today, I will be shipping it on to the next tester on Friday of next week. My initial reaction upon opening the box was WOW, that thing is beautiful. Naturally I rolled the obligatory balls along the carpet to test the feel, I used my regular ball and it feels great. I will be taking it to the course on Monday, my wife has a weekend planned in Florida and she has talked me out of taking the clubs. I will be rolling the putter in the room but will not be on a course unfortunately. Thanks for the speedy shipping Jman, and thanks too for compiling your thoughts in a spoiler tag as I did not want to read you final thoughts until I had tested and written my own.
Thanks THP, T P Mills and especially Craig for this opportunity to test a fine piece of golf equipment, I am a mallet fan and have not used a plumbers neck for over 10 years so I am wondering what I will find using this putter.

232323232%7Ffp733%3B6%3Enu%3D3396%3E572%3E%3B5%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3375954792343nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp733%3A%3B%3Enu%3D3396%3E572%3E%3B5%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D337593%3B487343nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp733%3C2%3Enu%3D3396%3E572%3E%3B5%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3375954793343nu0mrj

Last edited:
Good deal DD! And no problem on the review, I knoe you'd said you didnt want to read it so spoiler tags to the rescue!

I miss the sound of that gem, great little flatstick for sure.

Nice review Jman! One step closer to my neck of the woods, really looking forward to this.

I finally got the chance to get the T P Mills on the course today and use it on actual greens. Luckily it is the exact length as my SC Red X2 so my comfort zone with this putter is great. I will put my initial thoughts in a spoiler thread in case any of the upcoming testers do not wish to read the thoughts of the earlier posters.

Spoiler
Spoiler
As I stated earlier this putter is absolutely gorgeous, the Ming is a plumbers neck model, a putter type I have not used for about 8 years. I am not sure the pictures that have been posted do it true justice. I use a center shafted mallet and thought the Ming would probably not appeal to my eye at set up. Boy was I wrong, it is such a good looking putter I believe it would appeal to anyone. As I had guessed the milling looks better in person than it looked in the early pics.
I used these balls today the Bridgestone B330-RX, the Bridgestone e5, the Polara 2 piece Ultimate Straight & the 3 piece Polara XS and I actually could put any of them in play with this putter and enjoy the round. All of the balls feel firm off of the face, but certainly not hard. The RX felt the "softest" yet I would still describe the feel as firm. The surprise for me was how good it made the e5 feel off of the putter face, I play them as a back up ball on occasion and the main reason I do not put them in play much more often is the feel off of the putter. With the Ming I would not hesitate to put the e5 in play with more regularity. I am currently testing the Polora balls so I will cover them in my write up in that thread.
I found distance control to be surprisingly good for a putter I had not used for years. I would say it is every bit as easy to lag long putts close as it is with my regular stick. Alignment is very easy also and the ball rolls true with a good putting stroke. The grip seems to be slightly larger than the one I use now and I like that a lot as it seems to firm up my wrists just a touch more and I seemed to actually make more 4 to 10 footers than normal. Tomorrow I may putt each putt with both putters and keep a score just to see.
Did I say this putter is absolutely gorgeous, I know all of the putter addicts are planning to buy this one. To be continued.....

Last edited:
Back