UST Mamiya MP5 Shafts

Thought I'd try one of these out in the R11 just for S&G after seeing the price point. Called about seven different shops on the island and nobody carries this shaft... only Attas, Axivcore, and V2 from UST is to be had around these parts.

I kept looking at the Miyazaki C. Kua shafts, but just ordered one of these instead. Figured that I could stand a $50 experiment better than a $250 one. I plan to put it in my 09 TM Burner TP. Trying to lighten this club up and increase my swing speed. I will let you know how it works out.

I kept looking at the Miyazaki C. Kua shafts, but just ordered one of these instead. Figured that I could stand a $50 experiment better than a $250 one. I plan to put it in my 09 TM Burner TP. Trying to lighten this club up and increase my swing speed. I will let you know how it works out.

looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. Did you get stiff or regular flex?

I like how UST put the CPM on the shafts, it's not Miyazaki intl code but it's better than just stiff or regular.

I like how UST put the CPM on the shafts, it's not Miyazaki intl code but it's better than just stiff or regular.

I wonder if I'm the only person who just looked up what CPM meant haha

Wanted to see if I could build a longer driver with this liteweight shaft. I put this club together with the full 46" factory shaft length and a final weight of 288.9 grams. I was able to get a few good hits with it, but in general the swing weight is too high and I can't control it. I will cut this shaft down to something managable and then report back on it.

Nice to see a company making something sub $100. Ive been using Excalibur shafts for awile now and love them. http://arthursports.com/index.php

I wonder if back weighting the lighter shaft with a Tour loc would give better control ?

That's a good question. However, my intention was to keep the driver as far under 300 grams as I could to keep the swing speed up. Adding weight would be counter productive to that goal. The TM Burner TP head weighs 203.3 grams. Finding a lighter weight head is probably the thing to do instead, but then that's a whole new club.

Sweet shafts and for not too bad of price either!

Cut the club down to 44.5". Total weight is 280 grams, with a D4 swing weight. Love this shaft in this club. Beautiful mid to high trajectory, straight and twenty yards farther than my 3 wood. That's all I wanted.

They look good, but I can play a sub 60g shaft, its a mental thing

Back