Membership milestones

Wow, I had no idea the site was so young, thats amazing growth. It says alot for the owners and how things are run. I'd like to say I love the atmosphere here. No pompous, uppity attitudes. No elitist, everyone can drive it 300 crap either. I have been a member of alot of sites but none have felt like home as much as here. Thanks alot guys.

We love the credit, but dont deserve it. It is the members here that drive the forum the way it is. Elitists that "just missed the tour" or the other side that complain about everything, do not last long here.

This place is amazing! Pardon the french but....

Hell of a job everyone! :worship:

We love the credit, but dont deserve it. It is the members here that drive the forum the way it is. Elitists that "just missed the tour" or the other side that complain about everything, do not last long here.

This is why you do deserve the credit. I was a member of a couple of other forums before I found this one. Lets just say it didnt go well. I never talked a whole lot to other golfers at the course because my perception was they were like the posts I had been reading. This site has helped me see that this is not true. I have made more golf buddies around town since joining this site than I had in two years. I love how y'all run this joint. I tell all buddies to join and I wear my THP cap with pride. Thanks to the really cool and helpful members too. None of them would stay around IMO if the site wasnt so positive.

This is why you do deserve the credit. I was a member of a couple of other forums before I found this one. Lets just say it didnt go well. I never talked a whole lot to other golfers at the course because my perception was they were like the posts I had been reading. This site has helped me see that this is not true. I have made more golf buddies around town since joining this site than I had in two years. I love how y'all run this joint. I tell all buddies to join and I wear my THP cap with pride. Thanks to the really cool and helpful members too. None of them would stay around IMO if the site wasnt so positive.

that's sweet clam, but you had me at porch beef!!

in all seriousness, i've never been a forum member anywhere, i've always been a lurker. felt compelled to join up here after i was spending so much time reading, felt like giving back to those who had given so much. JB and GG are always gonna talk about how it's us that makes this place what it is, and they firmly believe that, but what they don't see is what we see from our perspective. you guys work hard to find out information, to break information, to give, to provide fun, to provide honest reviews, and it's the relationships that you guys have established in the industry that really shines through the most. you both deserve a ton of credit for staying strong in your beliefs, for maintaining integrity in what you do, and for allowing us to be a part of it.

thank you!!

that's sweet clam, but you had me at porch beef!!

in all seriousness, i've never been a forum member anywhere, i've always been a lurker. felt compelled to join up here after i was spending so much time reading, felt like giving back to those who had given so much. JB and GG are always gonna talk about how it's us that makes this place what it is, and they firmly believe that, but what they don't see is what we see from our perspective. you guys work hard to find out information, to break information, to give, to provide fun, to provide honest reviews, and it's the relationships that you guys have established in the industry that really shines through the most. you both deserve a ton of credit for staying strong in your beliefs, for maintaining integrity in what you do, and for allowing us to be a part of it.

thank you!!

Well said TC.

Im not here to bash other sites or anything like that. Every site has their goods and bads. THP is geared to a different thing though. While some sites are geared towards tour issue stuff and elitists, other sites are geared towards angry elves that enjoy golf on their terms. Then other sites have some great stuff as well. THP was started to be about the golf lifestyle. The golfer that actually likes to play. The golfer that likes to talk about it. The golfer that likes equipment but the equipment that works for them. The golfer that likes the different tours. And most of all the golfer that respects others on a forum as much as they would on the course.

If anything has ever been apparent, it is that people like the model that is in place and we like it as well. Topical discussions and debates that are family and female friendly and evolve over time. We all get heated in debates (me as bad as everybody else), but in the end, it is all in good fun and to prove that we invite everybody down to join us for golf and dinner each year.

We work hard and play hard and know all the members feel the same way. Incredible growth brings challenges, but with the membership here and the people here, we have had very few growing pains.

you sound like a proud daddy JB!!!

I hope no one took my comments as bashing. I used the other sites for whatever info I could use. I just wanted to demonstrate that the positive approach you cultivate has a real life application. I saw other golfers in a light that was not as positive as it is now and this site changed my perception. I am a positive guy and enjoy meeting new people. I kinda shut myself off from that possibility. This is what I. Was trying to express. THP feels right to me.

I hope no one took my comments as bashing. I used the other sites for whatever info I could use. I just wanted to demonstrate that the positive approach you cultivate has a real life application. I saw other golfers in a light that was not as positive as it is now and this site changed my perception. I am a positive guy and enjoy meeting new people. I kinda shut myself off from that possibility. This is what I. Was trying to express. THP feels right to me.

i took your post exactly the way that you explained it clam! no worries here.

185 new members in August 2010 and 390 unique posters for the month. We are just 226 members away from the magic 3,000 milestone. We have about a little over a month and a week to get there before the forum's two year anniversary. It shows 34 days on the main forums page but it was another week before the site went "Live". So October 14 is the target. That's about five new people a day, something we've been doing for a lot of months in a row anyway.

Thought I'd mention that February 2011 had the most unique posters (639) in a single month since the site was launched (and it was the shortest month of the year!). We beat the previous record (which was January 2011) by 116. We're at 338 in two days this month.

It's a special month, and there may be a correction next month, but I like the direction we are going.

We will probably top those with new membership in February and perhaps even March.

Well said Smalls, the site is getting better and better.

Ever since Taylormade and Callaway posted about The Morgan Cup on Facebook, this place has been blowin up!

THP has went into blast mode, especially today. I was just thinking about all the new members getting enough posts in the next 13 day, all they have to do is welcome each new member and they might have enough by then, lol.

A huge growth from when I started, great job THP!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

THP has went into blast mode, especially today. I was just thinking about all the new members getting enough posts in the next 13 day, all they have to do is welcome each new member and they might have enough by then, lol.

A huge growth from when I started, great job THP!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

It has grown about a thousand since I found the site in early December. I don't think the growth is going to slow down anytime soon either, this is the best golf forum going bar none.

It is pretty impressive how many new members have joined recently I love it!

Thought I'd mention that February 2011 had the most unique posters (639) in a single month since the site was launched (and it was the shortest month of the year!). We beat the previous record (which was January 2011) by 116. We're at 338 in two days this month.

It's a special month, and there may be a correction next month, but I like the direction we are going.

Awesome job everyone

congrats THP.
just keep on keepin' on.

Super cool. I have really enjoyed the site since I joined a few weeks ago.

congrats THP! that's pretty amazing

Really cool stuff Team THP! Big congrats on the continued growth!

79 new users in 3 days? At that rate we could have all of Canada in 1,329,113.92 days assuming a population of 35,000,000!

Back