Anybody carry less than 14 clubs?

MarcW

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN
I only have 13 right now. I know I'm kinda cheating myself, but I really don't know what else to carry. Guess if I wanted to put the time and money in, I could experiment with the hybrids and find another to use, but until I get out and actually play, I will stick with my current set up.

I am carrying 12 right now but one is soon to be replaced and I plan on adding a high lofted wedge. That will put me at 13 and leave a spot for anything that really sparks my interest.

I have 12 right now. Took out the 4i, 3w and 42* Niblick. The Niblick will probably go back in. I was just experimenting with wedges :)

I always carry 14 even if there is one I don't have plans on using. I just don't want to find myself in that rare situation where I wish I had the LW and it's sitting in the garage.

I have a club or two that I don't use very often, but I still carry 14.

always carry 14...sometimes more due to testing. I call it acceptable cheating

I have 13 clubs in the bag and don't know where I would add another to be honest.

I only have 12 in my bag right now. But at some point I need to add either a 3/4w or an M1/M2 for the longer courses. That will leave me with 13, and at this point I don't really have plans to add a 14th just to have 14. I don't know what I really need for my game at the moment so having that extra slot will be nice when I figure out what (if anything) I need to add.

I carried 13 all last season and didn't feel like I was missing anything important. I'll probably do the same thing this year depending on if I want to mess with my hybrids this year or not.

14 for me. I want every advantage I can get.

14 for me. I want every advantage I can get.
Me too. If for some reason I found myself carrying only 12 or 13 clubs I would probably put a left handed club in during that time to allow me easier punch shots from that side versus playing with a upside down right handed club.

I always carry 14 even if there is one I don't have plans on using. I just don't want to find myself in that rare situation where I wish I had the LW and it's sitting in the garage.
That's me. I rarely use 14 clubs in a round. There's times I don't come close. But just in case, I want to have them. It's not like I worry about the weight since I am not a serious golfer and I always use a cart.

I have 13 clubs in the bag and don't know where I would add another to be honest.
If you don't know what to bring, how about a second driver that a la Phil? Maybe if you just can't shake that nasty hook or slice that day, you have another driver that is set up with hook or draw bias to it.

Or, bring a get out of trouble club. I have a friend in Scottsdale that now uses an old heavy duty putter to whack the ball back out of the dessert with.

always carry 14.....because the one time I leave a club out I will need it all day long. Them's the odds I deal with!

I carry 14, but never use my 4 iron. I have thought about taking it out, but just can't do it for some reason. That would make 13 if I did.

pop it out and use a Mashie M5 hehe
I carry 14, but never use my 4 iron. I have thought about taking it out, but just can't do it for some reason. That would make 13 if I did.

pop it out and use a Mashie M5 hehe

The M3 is the reason it never leaves the bag. I just choke down a bit and it hits great!

Like most have said here, I rarely use 14 clubs in a round but the're are always 14 in the bag. 13 clubs have a permanent home in there and then I play with that last spot depending on the course, and how I'm hitting certain clubs that day.

Up until last week I used to carry 12, and until I added a rescue club 2i/5w I only carried 11. Having so few clubs really helped me master all of the ways you can use every club (I've played a few rounds with just a 4-iron and a putter, for instance). But I have added 2 wedges just to make my options a bit broader. A question to people out there: does anybody have multiple versions of the same type of wedge (i.e., same loft but in 2 different brands and/or different bounce)?

I actually have 15 in mine but always take one out for tournaments depending on the layout of the course I'm playing. I played in the club championship with an older guy a couple of years ago that only had 12 in his bag, and two of them were putters. He had one standard length putter that he used to putt with and a long putter that he used when he got relief from something. I'm not sure if that was legal or not, but that's what he was using.

i only have 13 in my bag now. But will be adding a rescue club

Always have 14

I had 13 for a long time. For tournaments, I'd throw in an old lefty 7 iron from the lost & found bin in case I happened to need to hit a shot "backwards". I never needed it but it made for good conversation. Since then, I've always been at 14. If they raised the number to 15, I think I'd just add a 64/65 degree wedge for that "once every 3 rounds" situation that needed a super flop shot.

14th club in your bag is doubt.

Lol biggsy wont leave TC alone until September haha

Tapping and talking since 2010.

Back