Where's the proper place to stand while others are teeing off?

I'm surprised at how lenient everyone seems to be about this. I guess thats a testament to the nice community here.

I was a country club caddie/rangeboy/bag room attendant from high school through college. If the player is right handed you stand at his 2 o'clock. In front and slighty back. A lefty would be his 10 to 11 oclock.

Personally 2 or 5 o'clock is fine for me (as a righty) if you stand directly down my line (3 oclock) be prepared to be a statue while I swing.

Oh and if you're late to the tee box from the cart, I can hear your shoes on the gravel and yes it's a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you don't move, I don't care where you stand. I actually like people to stand on my line at the back of the tee box; I think it's easier to see the ball from there.

Same for me. I'm not bothered by someone standing close as long as they stand still and maybe bit their tongue for a second.

I do not like anyone standing directly on the back of the box or in my line towards the back of the box. They just cannot stand still and i have great peripheral vision

I've never had a problem where my playing partners stand on the Tee box , I am more focused in the fairway ( wether i hit it or not is questionable ) as when I pull the trigger I am like Hogan , I see nothing , my vision goes black .

I have decent vision, so I often help spot balls off the tee for people if they ask. I need to be behind them to do that. Otherwise, I try to stay out of sight. As for when I'm on the box, I could care less as long as you're not in front of me. I'm looking at the ball and nothing else.

Do NOT stand along the line of play.

Whether teeing off, playing a second (third, fourth) or putting.stand to my front or rear, watch your shadow and be quiet.

I can deal with constant noise, even conversation but don't start during my stroke.

I might be a "rabbit ears" and have good peripheral vision but I am trying my best and seem to be easily distracted.

down wind if you have gas....otherwise out of sight

I don't really care where you stand, so long as you're not moving and not casting a shadow on my ball. It doesn't bother me if someone is beside/behind sitting in the cart 10 yards away...

It's interesting to see how different people need conditions to be in order to golf well. In general noises like a cart or talking and even some movement doesnt really bother me when Im hitting.

I really don't care where people stand... it's in their best interest to not stand at about 2 o'clock (if 12 o'clock is directly down my line of play to my left) since that's my kill zone.
I'd rather people stand at my 5-7o'clock so they can track my ball for me!

very good to know!!

try to stand far enough away where my shadow is not there and they can not see me

I am not sure there is a right answer. Just make sure you are standing still. I really don't care where partners stand as long as they are still. Nothing bothers me more than a guy fiddling with his bag looking for tees or balls in my line of sight while I am teeing off. Or even worse, practicing their backswing or something.

During my volunteer marshalling for several tournaments, most Pros and caddies prefer being on their right quarter -usually the far side of the tee box. Watch where their caddies go before they hit their shot.

Yes, this is what I noticed for PGA players on telecasts and in local nationwide tour events that I have attended, which caused me to wonder about this.

I'm surprised at how lenient everyone seems to be about this. I guess thats a testament to the nice community here.

I was a country club caddie/rangeboy/bag room attendant from high school through college. If the player is right handed you stand at his 2 o'clock. In front and slighty back. A lefty would be his 10 to 11 oclock.

Personally 2 or 5 o'clock is fine for me (as a righty) if you stand directly down my line (3 oclock) be prepared to be a statue while I swing.

Oh and if you're late to the tee box from the cart, I can hear your shoes on the gravel and yes it's a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. That is generally what I saw the pros do. I think in our groups where we stand sometimes depends on from which side of the tee box we approach. If the cart path is in front of the player, we gather there and a bit back. If the path is behind the player, we gather there. We usually walk and don't take a cart, so I'm not sure how it unfolds like that. I'm not bothered by players in either location (front or back) -- but down my line (3PM) sometimes bothers me unless I have asked them to watch from there....

That's funny right there Hanks!

When the BF tees off, I stand right in front of him :D Otherwise...I stand behind the person teeing off out of their line of site :good:

Dont stand anywhere in front of the person swinging. Just this past week I was playing from the middle tees and the rest of the group was from the back. I was standing far right from the golfer on the box but still ahead. I actually thought I should probably move back, but then I said this guys has been striking the ball straight down the middle all day so I should be ok. As soon as I said that he swung and left the club face open. Worst shot he hit all day and it coming in hot and hit my bag which was about 4 feet in front me. I really could have been severly hurt and that cured me right then and there. Regardless fo the tees I am playing from, I will always let the farthest tee's tee off before I even begin to move towards my set of tees. The guy was very aplogetic, but it was clearly my fault.

There was absolutely NO reason for me to be standing where I was. Also, ALWAYS listen to that voice inside of you. I didnt, but just got luck this time.

SMG

wow, that would have sucked!!! I was in the fairway one day waiting for a playing partner, I was about 50 yards ahead and WAY left of him. Of course he hooks it right at me. I about shat

I try to stand behind and to the right of the golfer, but I often catch myself directly down the aim line. I don't know why, my usual playing partners don't seem to care.

Normally I stand behind the people I'm playing with to help them watch where the ball goes and lands. Doesn't bother me at all to have people stand behind me. I really dont notice where people stand when I tee off, I'm more concentrated on hitting the ball.

I try to stand out of my playing partner's line of sight, but it doesn't really bother me where people stand when I play...just as long as they aren't moving around.

I am not sure there is a right answer. Just make sure you are standing still. I really don't care where partners stand as long as they are still. Nothing bothers me more than a guy fiddling with his bag looking for tees or balls in my line of sight while I am teeing off. Or even worse, practicing their backswing or something.

The right answer is to ask who you are playing with where they want you to stand. You might have to move a little between each person's shots, but it's the only way to know.

I agree with smallville you can pick up quickly in a round where are good spots and bad. I personally dont care where you stand or even if you move for that matter, my issue is noise... thats what really makes it bad.

In front and slightly to the right.

It all depends on whether or not they are right or left handed.

Back