Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Hahaha... So true on the game changers Hanks. I think with the Mashie it's so important to hit at least one of them to get a gauge for distance. Some people it will be a lot longer than the expect and almost throw the loft expectations out.

M2 is 18*, which is more on par as a 5w/2i replacement.

Mine is on being delivered today. :D

I think it'll change A LOT of people's games dude.....accuracy, distance, versatility for less than the cost of a 3w? dig it....

although the M3 is 20* so that could be a 5w replacement as well. lol decisions decisions

I think it'll change A LOT of people's games dude.....accuracy, distance, versatility for less than the cost of a 3w? dig it....

although the M3 is 20* so that could be a 5w replacement as well. lol decisions decisions

Guess it depends on the loft of your irons and how you want to space them. My 3i plays at 21*, if you play S2's the lofts are jacked up and a 4i is 22*.

M2 is 18*, which is more on par as a 5w/2i replacement.

Mine is on being delivered today. :D

18 degrees yes, but the M3 is giving me 5W length at 215. That's off the mat. Would expect more hitting my regular balls. Even more if teed up. I can only guess the M2 would be longer and may even exceed my 3W length.

Grats on your M2, have a feeling I will be doing the same.

exactly. I never thought I'd get 200 out of the M4 but according the the sim, witnesses, and some quick outdoor hitting last weekend I was so I'm curious to see if that's a consistent # for me.
Hahaha... So true on the game changers Hanks. I think with the Mashie it's so important to hit at least one of them to get a gauge for distance. Some people it will be a lot longer than the expect and almost throw the loft expectations out.

Very true. But I think with the Mashie one may have to throw lofts out the window until they see what a particular Mashie may do for them. you never know, you may be replacing 2 clubs and not one. but these are just my crazy thoughts
Guess it depends on the loft of your irons and how you want to space them. My 3i plays at 21*, if you play S2's the lofts are jacked up and a 4i is 22*.

Good news and bad news!!!! Finally received my 3,4,5 Mashies and Ultralite 3 wood today. Unfortunately the shaft on my 3 wood was snapped in two. :disapointed: However, I'm gonna get my Mashie on tomorrow with a friend at a neighboring course!!! Hope my back holds out!

Good news and bad news!!!! Finally received my 3,4,5 Mashies and Ultralite 3 wood today. Unfortunately the shaft on my 3 wood was snapped in two. :disapointed: However, I'm gonna get my Mashie on tomorrow with a friend at a neighboring course!!! Hope my back holds out!

great to hear that you received your mashies! Horrible to hear that the shaft on the 3w was busted. Go get your mashie on!

KB that is so sad to here about your 3W. Maybe it is the golfing gods telling you to get a M2 :D . I am getting really excited to go hit the Mashie on Saturday. I have them holding the M1 and M3. I currently play a TM Rescue that is 16* so I am excited to see how it matches up with the M1. If I am able to hit them well, I may even consider getting a M4. Who knows, but I am excited. Let you all know how it goes.

Mashie Caps

Mashie Caps

If anyone is interested in these, I was cruising around on Ebay and did a search for "Cleveland Mashie". Someone on there is selling the Mashie caps.

-Steven

Everytime I look at this thread it makes me lean more towards the Mashie instead of a 3w. I think I've been to golfgalaxy like 4 times in the last 2 weeks swinging the new cleveland 3w's and the mashie M2. I am getting almost identical distance from both. The don't have an M1 in the store so I haven't been able to swing one. Sometimes one is longer than the other and vice versa. Both have been better for me than any other 3w/4w that I've swung at GG (and at this point I think I've tried them all).

I already purchased an M3 & M4, and removed my 4i from the bag because I don't think I've used it but a few times on the range. I haven't had a chance to swing the mashies though since they arrived over a week ago. I am hoping to maybe do that saturday if the weather isn't too nasty.

I am at the point though, I am not buying either a 3w or M1/2 until summer after I've had a chance to get comfortable with my new bag and what I am getting from M3 & M4.

Marius I can tell you that I think the M2 is going to replace my 3wood. I hit it so well last round and right up there with my 3 wood distances that I am thinking of taking the 3 wood out.

Ordering at least one of these today, but I have a couple questions for everyone first. Ive skimmed some, so excuse me if already asked:

1. What seem's like the optimum shaft for us slower SS players in the 96 mph range?

2. I read some where about it being possible to order from the factory, say 1.5 degree flat. Is this correct and if so, do most of you suggest having set to your iron specs?

Ordering at least one of these today, but I have a couple questions for everyone first. Ive skimmed some, so excuse me if already asked:

1. What seem's like the optimum shaft for us slower SS players in the 96 mph range?

2. I read some where about it being possible to order from the factory, say 1.5 degree flat. Is this correct and if so, do most of you suggest having set to your iron specs?

Due - if you order from Patty @ Blind 9 golf, she can get what you need straight from Cleveland and I believe they can bend it for you.

Due - if you order from Patty @ Blind 9 golf, she can get what you need straight from Cleveland and I believe they can bend it for you.

Wonderful, thanks for the info. On the shafts I was refuring to the 59 and 83 gram weights.

Haha, my mashies don't even get here till tomorrow (2/4) and I'm honestly debating giving a 5 a hard look after that. I played my best old last year with a 5 hybrid in the bag. But, I want to see if I can pull back on the 4 for that same shot/distance first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit a couple shag balls into the woods, and it's quite evident how light this club is. I look forward to hitting it extensively at my next range/simulator session.

Tap before talk.

Thats a very interesting question Due and I would love to know the answer. Should the Mashie be altered to meet your iron specs or is it so different you really need to go for a new fitting?

I went out for a quick nine this afternoon after receiving my Mashies. I just couldn't resist! I am absolutely in love with them, especially my M5. It was incredibly easy to hit and the ball went sky high every time and landed so softly on the green. I was playing alone so I hit it over and over again and was amazed at how effortless the club is to hit!

I also hit my M3 several times instead of my 5 wood on a downhill par 5 from about 230 yards out. Wow! Did I just hit that shot? Seriously, these clubs are so easy to hit and are very accurate. I ended up just short of the green on one shot and not too far back on two shots. The flight of the ball with the M3 was not nearly as high for me as the M5 but plenty high enough with a great roll out. I expected the M3 would be a replacement for my 7 wood but I think it might be almost as long as my 19° 5 wood and much more reliable.

I can't wait to try them out tomorrow on 18 holes at a neighboring course that is pretty tough.

I expected the M3 would be a replacement for my 7 wood but I think it might be almost as long as my 19° 5 wood and much more reliable.

I'm very interested in finding this out as well. I'm really hoping my on-the-way M3 replaces my 19 degree hybrid, not my enjoyable 18 degree 5W.

Had possibly one of the best range sessions of my life today and the mashie was a star! M3 consistant 210 carry in 36* temps with just a beautiful ball flight, that just goes and goes and goes. I was playing a game Breed had on his show where you pick a green on the range and then hit 4 balls to that flag and try and get 3 out of 4, in 4 rounds of this, my worst score shooting at the 210 flag was 3 out of 4 with twice going 4 for 4. The club is simply amazing.

I went out to the range today and it sure was clicking. I just love it when everything I want to do happens. I worked on my short game for awhile and then worked my way up to the Mashies. Man did they hit amazing! I was just Mashing the ball right down the center of the range! I only hit about 5 balls with the M3, because it was that perfect! Every single shot was with in 10 yards of my aiming spot. It was was so great. I did one last shot with the M3 off of a tee and that did the exact same thing as before. The M1 was right on today too! I was just crushing them right at the spot I was aiming at. It was so beautiful. They were just amazing straight penetrating shots down the range. I teed about about 10 shots after hitting it off the ground and that was right on too. I am in love with the Mashies! They are such a confidence builder! I can't wait to tee up with the on Saturday. If I hit the ball like I did today at the range, I might be entering in the Morgan Cup! I will let everybody know how it goes.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today, so will be hitting the range with them tomorrow at lunch. I absolutely love the look of this club!

Mine arrived today, so will be hitting the range with them tomorrow at lunch. I absolutely love the look of this club!

looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the M2

After reading this thread I think i figured out what to do with my year end bonus.

looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the M2

Yeah, I'll be real interested to see if there is a noted yardage distance between the two, and if I've got gap issues between 3W, M2, M3, and 4I. I'm also wondering if the stiff shafts are going to be ok, or if I should have gone regular. They feel a bit stout at first waggle.

I also just noticed that we are at almost 2500 posts on this thread alone...Cleveland certainly got good value out of their testing on this one (not to mention all the sales).

Back