You know TM is working on their next move. Callaway just brought it. No holds barred!

This is the first I've seen these ads and the concept and message is flat out brilliant. In your face, mine is bigger than yours, etc. Absolutely love it.

This campaign has all the makings of a Mac vs PC, Microsoft vs. Everyone, and AT&T vs Verizon kind of battle. This could make golf seem 'cool' to the casual or semi-interested fan and perhaps even grow the game a bit

Callaway is bringing it with their new ads. You can vote now on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Callaway

Here are the ads:

1189383759_gURTN-L.jpg

1189383756_Z4trY-L.jpg

1189383754_bGDAT-L.jpg

I like the Collaway Ad. Im not too fond of the kid song on the TM either.

The R11 "one of these things..." commercial makes me want to never buy a TM product.

Agreed. How is one supposed to talk about anything else when you guys market it as being different based on looks.

Sorry TM, I like Callaway's ads against the R11/Superfast 2.0 better.

Agreed. How is one supposed to talk about anything else when you guys market it as being different based on looks.

Yes this ad makes no sense. "all anyone wants to talk about is the looks" ummmmm thats you TM. I love TM but this ad fails in its goals.

Poor effort by TM. Way too busy. And backing off the White angle when they have been promoting it so much is kind of like admitting defeat.

Greatest marketing ploy of all time is being done by Taylor Made right now. Yes, Callaway is being clever but Taylor Made is winning by the simple change from black to white. Every week people see these pros standing on the tee with these white drivers they know exactly it's from TM. I have caught myself many times already saying for example "I didn't know DA Points played with TM". Callaway players, you wouldn't know it unless you already knew it. Genius play by TM and will continue to work till someone else goes white. And when they do, they will admit TM was on to something.

I think the smack talk is pretty funny and healthy for the business. I don't think most people pick their clubs based on ads mainly - more from previous experience, word of mouth, or even just brand loyalty. At best, it will just give fodder to more smack talk on the course, and where's the harm in that?

dollar for dollar, the Callaway "ode to white tees" ad is the best in my opinion :glasses-cool:

I have a lot of TM in my bag, but I've never been a company man. I play whatever works and whatever I like. That said, I've never owned anything Callaway - it's just never been my thing. However, from the videos here I like the look and sound of the Razr Hawk over the R11 (and I don't like the white head at all). I will certainly try out the Hawk when I pick a new driver this summer.

The white tees ad is great. Callaway is certainly winning on the ad front. TM needs to step it up.

TaylorMade is firing back. From the TM website:

TMWhite.jpg

TMWhite2.jpg

The keen-eyed observer will note that under the "No Hot Spots" picture, the R9 from the previous comparisons has been replaced with a Diablo Edge I believe.....

Bridgestone has a new ad in which some regular golfer writes into Couples saying he's no longer a titleist junkie. At the end DL3 comes on and says "Yea I'm glad I kicked that habit". This is the first ad I've seen where they take Titleist on by name. Interesting take, but didnt expect it from the usually classy DL3.

R11 is the best driver out there!!! No contest!!!

It is? For who? Have you compared them all on a launch monitor? It wasnt for me.

Back