What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 9 after my dr appt today:
high of 48 today - sunny - probably 45.
Little chilly and the greens were still pretty wet - so putting was a chore.
No warmup so i was a little cold first few holes.
Shot a 45 - with 2 penalties on 1 and 9 - drove right OOB on both. Soon as i hit it i knew they were gone. Stupid mistakes a warmup should have prevented.

barring those two holes i was very happy. 2 putted every hole - with a few lipping out - but the greens are still soaking wet - so i was pretty happy with that outcome.
My short irons and wedges were flying very straight - so that pretty much made my round. I would have been in the high 30's with better putting conditions and those 2 penalties.

had 4 pars today - and hit 44% of the GIR. And hit 5/7 fairways.

the teeboxes were all the way up too - so that also helped lower the score - made it a little easier - but there was no roll in the fairways so not sure. overall good round, and im off to work!

Poor Hundy! I know he's a much better golfer than he scored. I think this is a perfect example of how nerves can play a serious role on one's golf game. It's not easy tee'ing it up with JB for the 1st time, I mean, he is the main man here at THP.

I think that this is something that everyone seriously needs to consider before throwing their name in the mix for the Morgan Cup, b/c it's gonna be a heck of a lot more intense.

Chin up Hundy, it happens. Just shake it off, move forward and be glad you're not back in Canada.

I have to say that I could not disagree with the bolded part more. I was a little nervous heading into the round becuase at that point, I had not had too much of an opportunity to talk with JB one on one, so sure I was nervous heading into the round, but once we met up and started talking all of that nervousness went away. JB was really supportive and better yet, put up with my game being in complete shambles. He gave me tons of tips and I ended up shooting my best round of the Outing weekend. Sure, my score was nothing to brag about, but I felt that I had done a lot better. My confidence was a lot higher, and that is huge. Confidence is everything in this game, and JB gave me lots of it.

I have to say that I could not disagree with the bolded part more. I was a little nervous heading into the round becuase at that point, I had not had too much of an opportunity to talk with JB one on one, so sure I was nervous heading into the round, but once we met up and started talking all of that nervousness went away. JB was really supportive and better yet, put up with my game being in complete shambles. He gave me tons of tips and I ended up shooting my best round of the Outing weekend. Sure, my score was nothing to brag about, but I felt that I had done a lot better. My confidence was a lot higher, and that is huge. Confidence is everything in this game, and JB gave me lots of it.

So you didn't have any nervousness on the 1st tee box at all huh?

I wasn't talking about throughout the round dude, nor was I implying that he isn't a treat to play golf with, just that playing with JB for the 1st time can bring about some jitters.

So you didn't have any nervousness on the 1st tee box at all huh?

I wasn't talking about throughout the round dude, nor was I implying that he isn't a treat to play golf with, just that playing with JB for the 1st time can bring about some jitters.

I totally understand what you were saying. It was a real treat, don't get me wrong. I'm very appreciative of the experience. I can't remember being anymore nervous than I normally am. I don't always know where my tee shot is going, so there is always that nervousness, but as for being nervous because I was playing with the boss? I don't think there was any of that. I was really happy to be there.

Maybe I'm just strange.

I totally understand what you were saying. It was a real treat, don't get me wrong. I'm very appreciative of the experience. I can't remember being anymore nervous than I normally am. I don't always know where my tee shot is going, so there is always that nervousness, but as for being nervous because I was playing with the boss? I don't think there was any of that. I was really happy to be there.

Maybe I'm just strange.

Not strange at all.

Shot a 74 today .... which ties my career low round (shot it 4 times last year).

Went out in 38 and came home in 36. Pretty unspectacular round to be honest. 16 pars, 2 bogeys. Just couldn't make any putts.

Playing again Friday so hopefully the trend continues.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Unspectacular? That is an awesome round!

I played with Thainer21 today and it was a bad day of golf.

I shot 40 on the front and it should have been lower, i was just missing putts by burning the edges. I also left my wedge game at home. On the back I blew up for a 48 with only 2 pars.

Scariest part of this whole story.....I still WON BY A LOT!

Poor Thainer, his new nickname is hundy!

He put up a BIG NUMBER. Of course I am only saying this because he is/was okay with it, but it was a BIG NUMBER! My hand was tired from all the big number writing and I think for his birthday we should get him an abacus to add that score up.

How windy was it over there? I wish I could've played today. It was so pretty out.

How windy was it over there? I wish I could've played today. It was so pretty out.

We had very little wind at all.

You are welcome to join us any time.

We had very little wind at all.

You are welcome to join us any time.

Thanks, JB. I had to work today. Earn the money for more golf stuff! Maybe you and GG can play with me and my hubby one of these weekends.

Shot a 74 today .... which ties my career low round (shot it 4 times last year).

Went out in 38 and came home in 36. Pretty unspectacular round to be honest. 16 pars, 2 bogeys. Just couldn't make any putts.

Playing again Friday so hopefully the trend continues.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!
Great round, keep it up!

today i shot 59!!! on a par 54 course :excruciating:

Maybe I'm just strange.

Not strange at all bro. But I do normally know where my teeshot is going. And it wasn't going where I expected to. And when you're fighting blocks on a tight course, youre bound for a huge number.

I was extremely nervous. I had something to prove out there and on here, and I understood that. Maybe I understood it too well, but it was comical out there. Fun round overall.

From the iPhone.

Not strange at all bro. But I do normally know where my teeshot is going. And it wasn't going where I expected to. And when you're fighting blocks on a tight course, youre bound for a huge number.

I was extremely nervous. I had something to prove out there and on here, and I understood that. Maybe I understood it too well, but it was comical out there. Fun round overall.

From the iPhone.

do you think it was the travel that affected you?
nerves?
winter?
did you warm up on the range beforehand?

I shot a 45 on 9 lol. Par was 36 so that makes me a 9 handicap :)

I posted almost a full round recap in the Mashie thread because the Mashie was heavy. I was actually making solid contact for the most part. My only problem was direction and some touch shots. For me, I think its fixable and not gonna take forever.

18 putts. I couldnt get the speed at first. Had a few chances at birdie and a couple at par saves. Woulda easily dropped 5 strokes and thats the frustrating part. I did have some really good putts which was encouraging. Frustrating but bright day if that makes sense.

Played with forum members Thainer21, One-T, & Stroker Ace today. We had an absolute blast and it's always a pleasure to tee it up with some THP'ers.

I played decent today, went out in 40 and came home in 39. Hit the ball quite well as did everyone else. Young Thainer and I had a little match play match on today and it didn't end up very well for him. He tucked his head, grabbed his blade irons and is going to have to endure the long drive home to Canada thinking about the shellacking he took today....lol.

Nah, he's got some good game and I expect him to be in good form once his golf season kicks in.

One-T hit some beautiful iron shots with his CB's and I know how impressed he is with them.

Stroker Ace is just a blast to play with. He got hot on the last 4 holes or so and I'm sure he wishes we were still playing.

Played with my usual Friday morning group....41 out 42 in. Had a real nice stretch in the middle though. Hole 7 3W - GW - flag stick....which knocked it back just off the front and then I barely missed the come back tap in par. 8th hole 175 par 3.... 6i to 8 feet birdie. 9th hole driver - 9i to 7 feet birdie. Now you can tell by those three holes just how bad the rest of the round was. Lots of scrambling...but man those three holes felt really great!!

I wish I could tell what I shot today. but the snow on the ground is keeping me from shooting anything. All of you who has nice enough weather to golf today, I AM JEALOUS!!

Played with forum members Thainer21, One-T, & Stroker Ace today. We had an absolute blast and it's always a pleasure to tee it up with some THP'ers.

I played decent today, went out in 40 and came home in 39. Hit the ball quite well as did everyone else. Young Thainer and I had a little match play match on today and it didn't end up very well for him. He tucked his head, grabbed his blade irons and is going to have to endure the long drive home to Canada thinking about the shellacking he took today....lol.

Nah, he's got some good game and I expect him to be in good form once his golf season kicks in.

One-T hit some beautiful iron shots with his CB's and I know how impressed he is with them.

Stroker Ace is just a blast to play with. He got hot on the last 4 holes or so and I'm sure he wishes we were still playing.

Cool, a mini THP Outing.

41/41
just couldnt hit greens today
everything was left and long
3 lost balls didnt help the score either
but to put it in perspective my buddy had a horrendous round... worst one ive witness from him anyways

last year I was shooting the mid 80's. I've yet to break 90 this year and have a few rounds in the 100's I don't know what's up with me!

Lol it happens, I shot my best round ever last summer and was consistently in the high 80's low 90's, now I'm practicing my butt off to get south of 90. It comes back slow and goes away too fast. Hang in there!

last year I was shooting the mid 80's. I've yet to break 90 this year and have a few rounds in the 100's I don't know what's up with me!

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back