Matching Clubs...

Mixed bag for me at this point, although I used to carry a full matching set of R9's.

I'm a mix and match of deliciousness as well. Price and availability definitely influenced my choices but they all work for the game I play.

I was a one brand man for the last few years. I have changed my mindset and I am open to going with what works best.

I dont now, but seriously considering heading in that direction with all the new TM offerings..only thing I would not change is my Cally wedges..love em...

I'm a one brand man, and I'm heading for a TM takeover!!!

I have the opposite. 8 manufacturers including putter... 9 if I put my 26* Adams hybrid in. I don't even have a full set of irons from 1 company right now.

I wouldn't mind if my set matched all the way through. I'm sure any of the outfits could fit me with a perfectly playable matched set that I'd be thrilled with. But it never seems to work out that way. I usually update one or two items a year so it's hard to stick with just one line.

It would be cool if all my gear would match, but I'll stick to what works for me. My scorecard doesn't know how the ball got into the hole, but how many shots it took.

All except the driver. Tried, but couldn't find a Cleveland driver that worked for me. Once I started hitting the Nike and fell in love with it, I said I would give every brand a chance when I'm in the market for a club I need. As far as the putter, it's Cleveland or any brand that suits my eye (for the moment)

I go with what work! But I do like most TM products. Affording them is another story.

I go into buying any new clubs with an open mind, but seem to be on a cleveland kick. Everything but my putter is cleveland. They just feel right when I swing them. Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

I play whatever works and I like. Although currently that has worked out to include a TM driver, hybrid, irons, and putter. This won't last, however, since I'm replacing my driver and hybrid soon, though the irons and putter are staying.

I thought that was the best way to go, but then I reliezed that I liked and hit a lot of different clubs. As you can see by my sig. I play several types.

double post

in my bag i have the burner superfast 2 driver,superfast2 3W,5W, superfast2 3,4 & 5 hybridS and burner 2.0 irons 6-SW also have the burner 2.0 AW and my putter is the new 2011 TaylorMade Tour Fontana Ghost Putter, the balls i have are taylormade burner and my bag on order will be the new taylormade tour cart bag. When I start buying clubs evrything has to match for me and i am on my third set in 8 months, I went from nike to cleveland and now taylor made.

Golf is an expensive hobby for me.

All mine are the same except my 5 Iron. I broke the shaft and now use an old 5 from my last set. Probably not a good idea, they have different lofts and weights.

I try to keep my woods the same and my wedges the same.

In reality I would like my Driver, Woods, Hybrid to match brands as well as my Wedges and putter but I don't think that is going to happen. I play what works best for me but right now I'm trying to make a Taylormade or Cobra conversion with my Driver, Hybrid and Woods and am going to go back to Taylormade Wedges next year and probably a TM putter.

I have the opposite. 8 manufacturers including putter... 9 if I put my 26* Adams hybrid in. I don't even have a full set of irons from 1 company right now.

I'm nearly with 'ya. 7 different companies in my bag, 8 if you include the ball (Wilson or TM).

Unless a company is going to supply me with clubs AND write a check, I don't think I'll ever play just one brand. The fact my driver/3-wood and irons/wedges match is just dumb luck and nothing more. Last season I had 6 brands of clubs in my bag at one point.

I have a bunch of different ones.I especially like different head covers.

seems to be a common theme but i too have a different mash of clubs i wish i had the money to get some high end clubs i'd would make my day but for now i just have some middle of the road clubs

I thought I would like a matched bag but it never turned out that way. I am close now with Ping G5 irons but I have an Adams driver and a Cleveland lob wedge. Overall, I have come to the conclusion that what works is more important than what looks uniform.

Last year I ALMOST ended up with a complete Ping G15 bag...but then I ended up getting V2 hybrids instead of G15...and now that's the only thing in my bag....

I'd like them all to be from the same OEM...but I don't like to compromise and I'm not made of money. Yet.

Back