Have You Played with "This" Guy?

Haven't seen that commercial yet, I think everyone has played with that guy or some version of that guy. Great take, I like to see Wilson Staff back on their game.

Great commercial, in a way I think most of here on THP are that guy... It comes from knowing more and more about equipment, clothes, everything... Its funny because its true!

No freaking way. Even if I was a scratch golfer and had the best equipment available i wouldn't even come close to being that arrogant. I highly doubt there are many THPers like that guy. At least i hope not.

No freaking way. Even if I was a scratch golfer and had the best equipment available i wouldn't even come close to being that arrogant. I highly doubt there are many THPers like that guy. At least i hope not.

I think maybe I didnt explain myself, I wasnt meaning to say most THPers are arrogant, what I mean is that we are more aware of equipment manufacturers, specific models etc. As a result, we might be more prone to be on the course recommending Mashies than the normal person. I didnt mean it as a negative...

I think maybe I didnt explain myself, I wasnt meaning to say most THPers are arrogant, what I mean is that we are more aware of equipment manufacturers, specific models etc. As a result, we might be more prone to be on the course recommending Mashies than the normal person. I didnt mean it as a negative...

took your post the wrong way then. Sry

I love the commercial. One of my dad’s friends I have played with, is that guy. It is great to play with him. Hes th guy that has not putted a five footer in several years. THAT’S GOOD. :banghead:

There is a guy in the Men's League that I play in that everyone calls Bridgestone Bob. Head to toe Bridgestone gear. Embroidered staff bag full of B-stone clubs. Wears the same blue Bridgestone polo with black slacks and visor every single week. When we played against his team last year my teammate introduced himself before the round and said "Looks like you're giving me a few strokes today." Without even looking up from his bag he murmured back, "Yup, usually do."

This guy even had a pre-pre-shot routine before his pre-shot routine!

Funny thing is that last year was his first year in the league, and upon entry he listed his handicap as a 2. The league admins adjust handicaps every week, and by the end of the summer he was a 16.

I'll give him props for at least having the stones to show up every week after his mystique had gone up in a mushroom cloud.

My cousin would be that guy, buying all new Cobra equipment last year a day before our first round :loser:

Yep, I have played with "that guy", too many times. Funny how he can keep changing his appearance and magically appear at courses I never expect to see him at.

Chances are if you haven't played with "that guy" you probably are "that guy". There is one in every crowd. lol

If anyone's answer to the thread title is 'No', then you are probably that guy.

Not at all, but if you're playing blades and shooting 92 while talking like you're shooting 62, you're that guy.

He is right. You should play whatever you want to play. However shoving your clubs down peoples throats like the clubs and you are God's gift to the game of golf is what is wrong and belligerent and impolite even if you have the game to back it up.

I am a little surprised that Wilson thinks of itself as a target for that kind of behavior. Wilson makes some beautiful clubs, blades and otherwise. I really did not think people thought poorly of them. I don't carry any Wilson in my bag but I can't remember anybody commenting to me that it was poorly made equipment. They don't market as hard as some guys but that does not mean anything.

The safety glasses are priceless, just priceless......really funny.

I've definitely played with 'that guy' - just last week actually...he couldn't get his forged Callaway's off the ground yet he gave me crap for gaming Nike Slingshots. He claims he shot 82, though I kept his score and he was closer to 92. Meanwhile I hit 14 greens & shot 78.

I've definitely played with 'that guy' - just last week actually...he couldn't get his forged Callaway's off the ground yet he gave me crap for gaming Nike Slingshots. He claims he shot 82, though I kept his score and he was closer to 92. Meanwhile I hit 14 greens & shot 78.

loved my slingshots...

i have a friend that plays blades and will never change no matter how bad he plays... its a pride thing with him

Great commercial! I bet a couple of times a year I get teamed up with someone I dont know and they are just lie that. They think they are a pro but cant seem to hit the ball the day we are playing.

If anyone's answer to the thread title is 'No', then you are probably that guy.

:D
But no, I am not that guy and neither have I played with him. It is probably because that guy wouldn't deign to show up at the munis that I usually play at.

i used to be that guy until i saw that commercial and i went out and got myself a set of wilsonstaffs. "did you know they have more major wins than any other brand"!!! jks!

This commercial kept popping into my head when I was reading the Callaway Diablo Tour post last night. All the guys and their ProV1's lol.

Back