Mike Weir's Tour future?!?!

AvionicsMan

If it flies Ive fixed it!
Reaction score
Handicap
I know this season (2011) Mike was on a medical exemption for the first 6 tourney's that he played in. It seems very apparent that he will not make it this week either at the Honda event. Does this mean he will be relegated to the Nation wide tour? Or does he get the odd sponsor exemption to play here and there? Does he still get to play in the Masters? Anybody have some inside knowledge?

Moved over to Golf on Tour.

He will get a few sponsors exemptions. No question about it. Similar to Duval last year, his goal was to play his way into the top 125 this season. That is not looking too good so far, so he will most likely have to go to Q-School unless he is able to pull that off.

I know this season (2011) Mike was on a medical exemption for the first 6 tourney's that he played in. It seems very apparent that he will not make it this week either at the Honda event. Does this mean he will be relegated to the Nation wide tour? Or does he get the odd sponsor exemption to play here and there? Does he still get to play in the Masters? Anybody have some inside knowledge?
He'll get to play the Masters for sure. I don't know about the rest of his qualifying or exempt status.

Moved over to Golf on Tour.

He will get a few sponsors exemptions. No question about it. Similar to Duval last year, his goal was to play his way into the top 125 this season. That is not looking too good so far, so he will most likely have to go to Q-School unless he is able to pull that off.

ouch. What was teh medical exemption for? Was did he injure? I never thought about this but ow does the PGA handle injuries? What if someone big has to have season ending surgery and he drops out of the top 125?

Probably end up on the European tour and only show up to play at Augusta each year. I like weir but hes just so hot and cold

Probably end up on the European tour and only show up to play at Augusta each year. I like weir but hes just so hot and cold

Mike Weir gets hot?

He has a lifetime exemption at the Masters, he'll also get a few sponsors exemptions this year. Also I think he get a few more exemptions for being a the top 25 and 50 money winner during his career. Other than that, it will be back to Q school in the fall for Mike. Or play between the Nationwide and Canadian Tour and hope for the best. He opted to rehab his injury rather than get it surgically repaired, he will probably go the surgery route now.

Mike Weir gets hot?

He's Canadian. Of course he gets hot, especially during the Florida swing. Unfortunately it's literal.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

As much as I like MW, he's got a long ways to go to be back in contention. He hasn't done too much since his Masters win, which is unfortunate. He used to be a good player. I guess the key word there is used. Personally I think he's done.

true, he looked good on playing lessons with the pros though lol! Bubba is a true lefty Super long and creative

ya figured with the Masters he'd always get to play that. Well I hope he can qualify without Q school, but if that is his route then his elbow had better be in tip top shape. And yes JB he gets hot... just not on sundays!! :D

Mike Weir should learn to play golf right handed then change his name to fred funk. Then hope that 50 is just around the corner

ya figured with the Masters he'd always get to play that. Well I hope he can qualify without Q school, but if that is his route then his elbow had better be in tip top shape. And yes JB he gets hot... just not on sundays!! :D

How would we know, he is never around on weekends...hehe

WOW JB, that was a softball lobbed over the plate and you knocked it deep! lol

Tru dat!! and not this weekend either!! booya!!

Only time lately weir plays on the weekends lately is at his home courses sunday couples scrambles

No offense utahians (I DUNNO) but that state fits his personality perfect

i hope he does well this year cause he is kinda one of my idles

Search tool?

He is hitting it a lot longer now than he ever have, but he can't find the short grass, so it isn't doing him any good. Length was never part of his game, so I don't know why he is hammering it now.

The Stack and Tilt claims a Canadian golf icon.

Back