My launch monitor results Burner 2.0 irons vs Razr X

hypovolemicshok

Reaction score
Handicap
OK, here are the numbers for the Burner 2.0 7 iron regular flex shaft vs the Razr X 7 iron uniflex shaft. These are 20 shot averages with the a couple of the mishits tossed out. I will probably need to add 1" or so to either club and change the angle. I am 6'3" with a 77" wingspan so I have a pretty big swing. Not quite sure which numbers seem better. I am hoping to try the Razr X Tours this weekend too. I did about 30-40 warmup shots before starting the comparison.

--------- swing speed -------ball speed-----launch angle----------spin
burner------99.5---------------126.7----------19.7--------------8347
Razr X------99.4---------------118.7----------23----------------8112

Dang. Thats some fast swinging bud.

Seems pretty close to me which one felt better?

Seems pretty close to me which one felt better?

At first the Razr X but the more I swung the 2.0 the more I liked it. I really want to try the Razr X Tours and hopefully will get a chance at the golf expo this weekend.

Pretty amazing how much more ball speed the 2.0's had for virtually the same SS. I guess this is due to the thin face and this is where the distance comes from?

Ball speed numbers alone mean you should buy Burners unless your dispersion was terrible.You must have hit it farther?

My goodness, that ss puts my ss to shame... I need to go to a launch monitor and see what I can get... haha.

Your swingspeed is as much one of my bad driver swings. Impressive numbers for sure, on that note the Burner 2.0s seem to look better for you.

I would think the burner went further due to launch angle and ball speed? Without looking- isn't the burner 7 stronger lofted than the razr? Curious to see average carry distance.

Tapping and talking since 2010.

The question I have, is why were you testing Regular and Uniflex? Was that all they had?

The question I have, is why were you testing Regular and Uniflex? Was that all they had?

Agreed! Surely with that swing speed you'd need much stiffer shafts than "regular" or "uniflex".

That is all they had unfortunately. The average carry was 170 for the 2.0's and 158 for the Razr X.

Did the uniflex feel better than the regular shaft. What are your "usual" irons?

Did the uniflex feel better than the regular shaft. What are your "usual" irons?

I am not sure what the flex even is on my current set. I have an old set of Wilson Tour RM Forged irons. Of the clubs I have hit with I liked the stiff shaft in the Razr X Tours.

u need to try them both in stiff flex

I don't understand why most of the chatter is going toward the distance of these clubs??? Put a piece of tape over the 7 on the 2.0 iron and write 6 on it. After you do that put it against the RAZR 6 iron and then tell us which one gave you better dispersion/approaches! I'm not trying to be smart nor hateful, I'm just saying that is what your next iron decision should be made based on. My last set of irons were longer than my Mizzys, but I just use a 7 iron on my old 8 iron shots now and I've been getting dramatically closer to the hole than I was before. Now if the 2.0 irons win in that regard then they are the ones for you!

I think that would strongly depend on how far you hit the ball. If you hit your 8 iron 155 yards then that would work fine. If you hit your 8 iron 120 yards that extra distance is going to help you lower your score.

I am not sure what the flex even is on my current set. I have an old set of Wilson Tour RM Forged irons. Of the clubs I have hit with I liked the stiff shaft in the Razr X Tours.

100 MPH with a 7i you should seriously look into some beefy shafts. I wouldn't base any numbers until you got even close to the right shaft.

I think that would strongly depend on how far you hit the ball. If you hit your 8 iron 155 yards then that would work fine. If you hit your 8 iron 120 yards that extra distance is going to help you lower your score.

I agree, but this guy seems to be able to get good distance anyway.

Edit: didn't mean to quote hypovolemic.

I don't understand why most of the chatter is going toward the distance of these clubs??? Put a piece of tape over the 7 on the 2.0 iron and write 6 on it. After you do that put it against the RAZR 6 iron and then tell us which one gave you better dispersion/approaches! I'm not trying to be smart nor hateful, I'm just saying that is what your next iron decision should be made based on. My last set of irons were longer than my Mizzys, but I just use a 7 iron on my old 8 iron shots now and I've been getting dramatically closer to the hole than I was before. Now if the 2.0 irons win in that regard then they are the ones for you!

I agree totally. Unless you are a player who is "AMAZED" by hitting your irons completely too far. I am not one of those guys, nor do I feel like carrying 5 wedges because I can hit a 2.0 7 iron 215 plus........I want to hit my 7 iron 170 tops. The irons that are coming out now 2 degrees stronger than older sets are laughable!!

Hit both clubs again today. The 2.0 actually seemed to be more consistent. Out of 10 shots hit I had 5 within 0.5 yds of eachother distance wise. I then cranked up my swing speed a little and had the other five all within 3 yds of eachother. I had a 2-3 yd difference with the Razr X's at a slower swing speed and a 4-5 yd difference with a little faster swing speed. Left to right deviation was about the same for both.

I hit both irons the burner was a good club longer. I bought the Razr x irons for a few reasons I liked the feel of the them better and the long irons were easier to hit consistently . The main reason I went with the Razr's was the accuracy was much better the 2.0's. Maybe a club more to get there but tighter to the target. One other thing distance was consistance with 2.0 but a couple of times I would hit one that seemed to jump an extra 10 to 15 yards farther .. kind of Erie..
L57

Back