Mrytle Beach Area

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I am headed to MB in 6 weeks for 4 days of golf with my guys. We are playin the following :
Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 PM - 2:14 PM 8 Golfers Tradition Club
Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:09 AM - 8:17 AM 8 Golfers River Club
Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:52 PM - 2:00 PM 8 Golfers Litchfield Country Club
Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:08 AM - 8:15 AM 8 Golfers Willbrook Plantation

Are these good courses? Where should we eat? I appreciate the assistance in advance.

did you guys put this package together yourselves or thru an agent? my group would like to do something similar.

Seems like a great trip, never played these courses but they all seem nice from checking them out

Check out this site, it is the most unbaised site on myrtle courses I know of

http://www.mbga.com/courses/

The 1st 3 course are rated 3&1/2 stars and willowbrook was given 4 stars, so they should all be decent courses

I used Ambassador Golf 800-344-5590. I worked with Dave Kirsh...great customer service.

I go over every year, but we always stay at North MB and play those courses, the farthest south we have gone is Myrtle Beach National of which I highly recommend Kings North. The real reason I am posting is to recommend this restaurant down on your end, The Sea Captain's House, it is very, very good. Here is the link
http://www.seacaptains.com/

:clapp: Thanks Dawg..I will put Sea Captiain on the schedule.

I go over every year, but we always stay at North MB and play those courses, the farthest south we have gone is Myrtle Beach National of which I highly recommend Kings North. The real reason I am posting is to recommend this restaurant down on your end, The Sea Captain's House, it is very, very good. Here is the link
http://www.seacaptains.com/

:clapp: Thanks Dawg..I will put Sea Captiain on the schedule.

Dawg should get a referal discount at the Sea Captains. I'll be checking it out in a few weeks as well.

I am headed to MB in 6 weeks for 4 days of golf with my guys. We are playin the following :
Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 PM - 2:14 PM 8 Golfers Tradition Club
Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:09 AM - 8:17 AM 8 Golfers River Club
Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:52 PM - 2:00 PM 8 Golfers Litchfield Country Club
Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:08 AM - 8:15 AM 8 Golfers Willbrook Plantation

Are these good courses? Where should we eat? I appreciate the assistance in advance.

Tadashi,

I am a member of the SC Golf Course Ratings Panel, so I get over there quite a bit. Tradition and Willbrook are nice tracks and in my experience they're usually pretty nice condition too. Willbrook is probably the best layout of the four. Litchfield Country Club is nothing to brag about. Its OK. In the same complex is the Reserve at Pawley's Plantation. That course is phenomenal. If you can get on it, I'd do it. Also, if you can get on Wachesaw East instead of Litchfield you'll be ok. Good news on dining is that being on the southend you're in the best area of the Grand Strand for dining. The Marsh Walk in Murrell's Inlet offers some of the best food in the area. Drunken Jack's is a personal favorite and if you like she-crab bisque their's is one of the best I've ever had. For a nicer meal, try the Divine Fish House or Bovine's both offer really great food. Here is a link to the Marsh Walk Restaurant website. http://www.murrellsinletmarshwalk.com/restaurants.html Definitely the best area of the Grand Strand. Also, if you're looking for lunch one day, you'll have to hit up Groucho's Deli in Pawley's Island and you cannot leave that area without going and having the blackened grouper sandwich at the Caledonia Clubhouse. You can sit on the deck and watch other golfer's attempt the approach shot over the waterguarded 18th. Warning: Once you go to Caledonia for lunch, you're probably going to want to spring to play the course as well. It is by far my #1 in Myrtle Beach. Hope that helps.

One last recommendation, for breakfast hit up the Spring House Restaurant in Murrell's Inlet on 17 Bypass. Their Eggs Benedict is the perfect way to start your day.

Dawg should get a referal discount at the Sea Captains. I'll be checking it out in a few weeks as well.

LOL, just tell them DD sent you and you will definitely be greeted with a vacant stare.

wow sounds like a blast. Enjoy!

Back