The Shamrock Shake

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I've lived a pretty adventurous 36 years in my life, you can read all about some of my exploits in the "Tell Us 3 Things..." thread, but today was a first. Every March McDonalds has Shamrock Shakes for a limited time around St. Patty's Day and I've never in my life tried one. Well today my daughter was the special reader to her class of 2nd graders so after her reading I took her to lunch, her choice. You guessed it, McDonalds. After we ate our meals I thought her and I should celebrate and figured why not try one.

HOLY SMOKES are you kidding me? I've missed this all these years!?!? Delicious is all I can say. I might stop on my way home and get one, then after supper maybe I'll run up and grab another. For breakfast tomorrow I'm going to have one, in fact I might install a Shamrock Shake maker in my house.

We've got a huge following for the McRib....what about some love for the Shamrock Shake?!?!

I'm sure JB will soon chime in with his lust over the Shamrock Shake!

I've had them in the past, but not that big a deal to me. I'd rather have the tasty McRib! hehe

Jake, I went to McD's the other day and they were out! I was supremely disappointed. Gotta get my shamrock on.

dude, I'm happy and sad for you at the same time. Happy that you finally discovered them and sad that you JUST discovered them. They are a guilty pleasure for me and will be a part of my 'diet' until they are done for the season. A lot of times, the local Mickey D's around here run out of mix for them and people have to wait until the following day to get their Shake on

Oh yeah that's right!! I haven't seen any advertisement for it yet :(

I;ve never had one. That said. Itll be my after gym drink tonight!

Okay in 53 years I have never tasted one of these. What exactly do they taste like? What flavor are they?

I personally love them, I havent had one in years, but now I am itching to get one soon

It's a mint flavored milkshake.... not my thing, but I can see how some people would like it!

I haven't had one of these in about 25 years. I don't remember what they taste like but remember I didn't like them. I'll have to try one again and see if my tastes have changed.

It's a mint flavored milkshake.... not my thing, but I can see how some people would like it!

Mouthwash flavored shake? Ah yes, now I remember why I haven't set foot in a McD's in 35 years

Okay in 53 years I have never tasted one of these. What exactly do they taste like? What flavor are they?
Like lcsmrtn says they are a mint flavored milk shake but it really doesn't just stop there. The mint is subtle and the thing is just delicious. I don't know how I have held off for so long. I sure as heck don't need any as I'm supposed to be watching it right now but oh my.

Like lcsmrtn says they are a mint flavored milk shake but it really doesn't just stop there. The mint is subtle and the thing is just delicious. I don't know how I have held off for so long. I sure as heck don't need any as I'm supposed to be watching it right now but oh my.

I think I'll stick to Johnny Walker, thanks all the same :drinks:

Oh The Shamrock Shake
How you make me quake
The knees go weak at the thought
Of the beautiful mixture I bought

I must have more of that green
Its the most mintylicious I have seen
I need it now before I have a fit
I love it so much I would bathe in it.

I'm sure JB will soon chime in with his lust over the Shamrock Shake!

Oh The Shamrock Shake
How you make me quake

I am about to be ill, hehehe

When I said lust, I didn't know THIS would happen!

Oh The Shamrock Shake
How you make me quake

Very rarely do I bust out loud at a post I read on here while I'm sitting at work. That last line is HILARIOUS! Great post dude.

Give me a Jamocha Shake from Arby's any day. Mint shake? no thank you. I've gone this long without ever tasting one I'm might as well keep the streak going...

haha this is why march is one of my FAVORITE months of the year.... let me count the ways...

being part irish (moms side) I get an excuse to put whisky in my coffee
I can drink green shakes from McD's
We get to Celebrate St Patty's Day!!! (another fav holiday)
Get to start golfing outside again
March Madness - College Hoops!!!

Corned Beef and Cabbage!!!!!

One of my all time favorite meals - i started the brining/corning process on a piece of brisket sunday - it should be ready in 2 weeks for my annual St Patty's Dinner!!! Love love love corned beef and some cabbage with carrots and potatoes.. Last meal material here.

To me they aren't the greatest but not the worst. I'd much rather go for a mint chocolate chip blizzard!

As a Irishman, I would love to have one, but as I diabetic, I know I shouldn't. Maybe I'll have just one....

My GF and I went to lunch at McDs since I had to find out if I still didn't like the shake or if my tastes or it had changed.
Now I'm full of shake and am confused.
First, I didn't realize that McD changed their shakes to a more "premium" shake. McCafe shakes with whipped cream and a cherry. They don't have that grainy texture I'm used to from McDs.
My shamrock shake tasted very minty, pretty much like a mint shake. It was better after I stirred the whipped cream in as it cut the mint down. Either way I like this one.
My GF kept saying that it was minty with a little something else. I couldn't understand what she was getting at as mine didn't have the something else. She said like a mint hard candy or like mint taffy. She didn't finish hers so I did.
Her shake had a much different flavor than mine did. I finally realized what she was talking about when she was saying mint candy. Not a taffy flavor or a real hard candy flavor. It had the taste of those semi-hard mints, if that makes sense. The mints that are hard candy but have a very powdery texture, kind of a soft hard candy (hard candy, soft texture, kind of like powdered sugar). Not a bad flavor but not one I'd go out of my way for. So, I'm confused as to which one tasted like a Shamrock Shake or came closer.

Found out how good the Shamrock rock is last year and I'm glad to see they're back on the menu.

Back