What is the craziest shot you ever had???

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
I just figured I'd see who has had crazy golf shots!! I will start with my story.

I was playing golf at Valleywood Golf course in Swanton Ohio. Their 150 markers are little round poles about 3 ft in height about 3 inches around and painted like a barber shop pole but black and white. I hit my teeshot down the middle of the fairway. I was about 40 yards from the 150 marker. I took out my 6 Iron, I was about 190 to the pin. I swung the club and sort of topped the ball. It went screaming about 2ft off the ground and hit that pole dead center. The ball flew back at me about 3 feet over my head and 50 yards behind me. I hit a round ball into a round pole and it flew perfectly straight behind me! I had to have hit it dead center of the pole for it to happen.

Now let's hear your craziest shot ever...

I was about 80 yards from the green and partially behind a tree.
I [for once] intentionally opened the face of my club and hit a perfect banana slice to within 5ft of the pin. Booyah!

Nice! I bet that looked awesome!

I hit a 7 iron on a par 3 that was headed for a sand trap, hit the rake in the trap, and bounced up to about 6 feet. Of course I missed the putt.

I was about 80 yards from the green and partially behind a tree.
I [for once] intentionally opened the face of my club and hit a perfect banana slice to within 5ft of the pin. Booyah!

Come on... you're leaving out the most important part, did you make the 5ft putt?

would have been priceless if you had made the putt! Too bad you don't have it on video, to see the ball dart out of the pit would be a sight to see.

Come on... you're leaving out the most important part, did you make the 5ft putt?

Oh hell no, I missed teh hole twice to make a 3-putt!

awww... 3 putt... That's a bummer. By the way I took a double bogey... LOL

I played in my county am one year and on the first tee there was a fence and row of bushes behind the tee. I setup along the edge of the tee box to hit a hard draw as the hole was a par 4 with a hard dogleg to the left out about 190 with big trees left as well.
When I hit the shot, it hit the tee marker ahead of the set I was playing and came straight back hitting one of the bushes, knocking it down. I ended up just inches from a post and the bushes. My only shot was a left hander turning over a 8 iron to knock it out just outside the tee box. So I was hiting my third shot 5 feet behind the tee, in the rough. I ended up making a snowman on the hole and shot 8 over for the round.

WOW!! That one hole put a damper in your round!

At a local course called rolling hills, my ball ended up about 2/3 the way up a about a 70* hill. I hit a 5 iron that went so high I lost it for a minute. I knew it was headed toward the green, so I just watched, praying I had enough. The ball falls and lands 10 feet from the hole. sunk it for bird.

Also made a 50 foot big breaker on aerated greens for birdie during a match. It was awesome.....

I was in a greenside bunker. The hole was set up where there wasn't much room on the other side of the green before going over a wood fence, OB, and down into the creekbed. Let's just say, you wanted to miss left on your approach, if you missed since there was almost no room to the right.

I was digging in to take my stance and noticed I only had about 2 inches of sand before it was rock hard (due to the dry summer). My goal was to try and not dig into the sand and just try and almost pick the ball out. Well, that didn't work. The club skidded off the hard part, and bladed the ball over the green and over the fence. I then here a little 'pop' and I see my ball come back over the fence and land on the green. I go and look over the fence line and see a pile of big stones next to the creek. My ball must have hit a rock perfectly to bounce back in play.

At a local course called rolling hills, my ball ended up about 2/3 the way up a about a 70* hill. I hit a 5 iron that went so high I lost it for a minute. I knew it was headed toward the green, so I just watched, praying I had enough. The ball falls and lands 10 feet from the hole. sunk it for bird.

Also made a 50 foot big breaker on aerated greens for birdie during a match. It was awesome.....

Nice! I bet you will never forget that 50 footer!

Was this a crazy shot or a best shot of the day?

I was in a greenside bunker. The hole was set up where there wasn't much room on the other side of the green before going over a wood fence, OB, and down into the creekbed. Let's just say, you wanted to miss left on your approach, if you missed since there was almost no room to the right.

I was digging in to take my stance and noticed I only had about 2 inches of sand before it was rock hard (due to the dry summer). My goal was to try and not dig into the sand and just try and almost pick the ball out. Well, that didn't work. The club skidded off the hard part, and bladed the ball over the green and over the fence. I then here a little 'pop' and I see my ball come back over the fence and land on the green. I go and look over the fence line and see a pile of big stones next to the creek. My ball must have hit a rock perfectly to bounce back in play.

Boy that would never happen again in a million years! Lucky day for you. Did you make the putt?

Craziest shot was my longest drive ever. Dad took the family to Hawaii when I was 17. Round was cut short due to a hurricane warning. Before that though I drove a 412 yd par four. Downwind of course and easily a 100 yd elevated tee box. Ball flew FOREVER. Guys on the green looked back saw where I was and jokingly applauded. Later a guy said "I wanted to get mad but that was a nice drive. "

Tap to talk. Now I can get my fix on the go!

Craziest shot was my longest drive ever. Dad took the family to Hawaii when I was 17. Round was cut short due to a hurricane warning. Before that though I drove a 412 yd par four. Downwind of course and easily a 100 yd elevated tee box. Ball flew FOREVER. Guys on the green looked back saw where I was and jokingly applauded. Later a guy said "I wanted to get mad but that was a nice drive. "

Tap to talk. Now I can get my fix on the go!

That is amazing!! I bet you will never forget that tee shot. Did you keep the ball? Did you have the guy who was almost mad sign it as a witness?

A buddy of mine topped his tee shot on a par 3 that was guarded by water in front. It skipped over the water, hit the bank on the other side, popped up in the air about 20 feet and landed about 10 feet from the cup. He missed the birdie putt though...

A buddy of mine topped his tee shot on a par 3 that was guarded by water in front. It skipped over the water, hit the bank on the other side, popped up in the air about 20 feet and landed about 10 feet from the cup. He missed the birdie putt though...

Great story! Would have been a heck of a birdie if he made the putt! Drive for show, putt for Dough!

Rope Hook Me Jesus

A few years ago, I was playing a course named LB Houston. I think it was the sixth hole. I was in the fairway and proceeded to thin a 7 iron. I thought it ended up 10-15 yards over the green. Instead, it hit the pin and dropped (one of my 3 eagles in my lifetime, so far). I couldn't see it drop at the time. I was playing with 3 other guys I had never met.

par3 195
saw a friend bounce his teeshot off a turtle and almost get an ace... worst shot with best result ever

Was playing at a local muni course and was playing a short par 3. I sliced the tee shot in and had about 15 yards to the green and 20 to the cup. I hit the shot a little chunky and it hit a pieced of wood lining a little path to the next tee bounced onto the green and made a perfect line right for the hole. My favorite birdie ever.

Back