Mizuno MP T-11 Wedge Review

so having read this review, and also the MPT-10 review im not sure that the MPT-11 offers enough difference to justify the "new wedge" price tag.
JB, or anyone who has played both, what do you think ? just saw a deal on MPT-10 for £40 which is half the price of the 11's. are they twice as good?
TIA

so having read this review, and also the MPT-10 review im not sure that the MPT-11 offers enough difference to justify the "new wedge" price tag.
JB, or anyone who has played both, what do you think ? just saw a deal on MPT-10 for £40 which is half the price of the 11's. are they twice as good?
TIA

I think an mpt10 with the spinner shaft will do great, and save you some coin.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

I think an mpt10 with the spinner shaft will do great, and save you some coin.

Mpt 10 doesn't come with spinners dude.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

TIA

I dont think they are. I like the versatility a little more on the grind, but it is similar. Love the spinner shafts though.

Mpt 10 doesn't come with spinners dude.

I know. I Meant he should install one. It would still come in under the price of an 11. Shouldve been more detailed lol

I know. I Meant he should install one. It would still come in under the price of an 11. Shouldve been more detailed lol

Ah, got ya. Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad idea. I have zero experience with the 10 so I can't comment on its performance.

thanks guys, I'm pretty sure the spinner shafts are only standard in the US and us europeans get normal wedge flex DG on the 11's. maybe JB can confirm this?

might take a chance on this, cant argue with the price, and i should get some money back for my ZTP's :D

My girlfriend got me a 56-13 for Christmas. This replaces my 56 "single dot" CG-14 that really was the only other modern wedge I have owned.
I had a tech put my grip on it (New Decade -Midsize), and headed to the range the next day. The range was packed, so I had to use a second floor stall, and was hitting into a few inches of snow. Luckily, from about 100 yards and in, they cleared away the snow from the AstroTurf.
My initial impressions are the TP-11 feels great, even with the cold, hard range balls. I don't know how much is the head, or the shaft, but the Mizuno clearly feels better.
With SW play a stronger part of my game; I'm looking forward to seeing the effect such a different wedge (sole/bounce/shaft) makes to my game.

I've just put three of these in the bag
50/10
56/13
60/10

first impressions are very good I love the shape and size of the head its not too large and looks great at address. Feel is excellent they feel very soft and smooth and even with 10 degree of bounce they are very easy to open up. For some reason I just feel very confident with these wedges compared to my Taylormade ZTP wedges.

These wedges are becomming one with me! I really do like them a lot. The Spinner shafts I have grown to love, and I love the classic head shape on these wedges. They'll be getting a serious workout over the next few months. I can't wait to wear that dime size imprint into the face of these things.

finally sucumbed and ordered 2 of these.
52 and 58, black nickel, KBS hi-rev in stiff flex. tried them at the mizuno national fitting centre and the fitter suggested the hi-revs would be better than the KBS tours.
offered a great deal and just couldnt resist.
should be here in a couple weeks, cant wait.

Edit...I skimmed :)

finally sucumbed and ordered 2 of these.
52 and 58, black nickel, KBS hi-rev in stiff flex. tried them at the mizuno national fitting centre and the fitter suggested the hi-revs would be better than the KBS tours.
offered a great deal and just couldnt resist.
should be here in a couple weeks, cant wait.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Great way to describe these...with the weighting, shaft, etc they really feel like they're an extension of you
These wedges are becomming one with me! I really do like them a lot. The Spinner shafts I have grown to love, and I love the classic head shape on these wedges. They'll be getting a serious workout over the next few months. I can't wait to wear that dime size imprint into the face of these things.

Back