True Temper DG Spinner Shafts + Interview

just received an email that my spinner shafts have been installed. Running go pick them after work today.

I think you are going to be happy with those. Good luck and enjoy!

Do these really lower the launch without taking away from the spin?

For me......absolutely! I'll never have wedges without these shafts in them.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I think you'll rather like those ddec.....let us know what you think
just received an email that my spinner shafts have been installed. Running go pick them after work today.

Hey guys, just wondering about the DG Spinners....... How is it that they work and if you've used them what did you think of them. They are supposed to add spin to make up for the lost zip grooves. Thanks

BulldogsGolf

Jury is out for me but my spin rates increased around 8/10% with the Spinner but I've yet to use them on the course. I bought 3 but only installed one so far.

Josh,

Can you research something for me?TT thought I was asking an odd question. By both of these press releases they state that the two shafts are designed to be played in specific wedges.I ask them what would happen if i choose to just use the wedge+ shaft only in the GW and LW instead of how the press release reads,would I see any difference?He stated where I got that info,so I told him and he was baffled.If i used the wedge+ in my LW instead of the wedge shaft,what would happen?

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/true_player/tplayer_0510.html

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/press_release_page.php?pID=226

I think the difference is a few grams- I posted on this thread about 25 pages back- I'll look it up

Wedgeflx-124 grams- for higher lofts
Wedge plus flex -131 grams for lower lofts, pitch wedge and gap wedge

I'm not sure if length or anything else is diff however.

Tapping and talking since 2010.

Last edited:
I think the difference is a few grams- I posted on this thread about 25 pages back- I'll look it up

Wedgeflx-124 grams- for higher lofts
Wedge plus flex -131 grams for lower lofts, pitch wedge and gap wedge

I'm not sure if length or anything else is diff however.

Tapping and talking since 2010.

Thanks,But I've got those specs.The questions is what would happen if I choose a wedge+ for the lw .Curious to know if there would be any performance loss due to this.

Thanks,But I've got those specs.The questions is what would happen if I choose a wedge+ for the lw .Curious to know if there would be any performance loss due to this.

I couldn't stand the wedge+ in anything but my gap wedge... I didn't spin it as much, which is kinda the opposite of what I wanted.

DG Spinners...

DG Spinners...

I am currently playing X100's in my irons and wedges. My wedges are Titleist Vokeys and I get good enough spin. My question is to everyone with Spinners how does it compare to a normal shaft on different types of shots. With the little blip in the shaft I automatically want to think it would be very floppy and crazy, but don't know because I've never hit one. Anyone who has tested these out, any information is appreciated.

Here is a radio show and thread on the Spinners. Lots of information out there for the picking. Its not too whippy. If you get enough spin, why ask for more?

I dont notice more check on little chips and pitches.

Thread/Radio Show

Here is a radio show and thread on the Spinners. Lots of information out there for the picking. Its not too whippy. If you get enough spin, why ask for more?

I dont notice more check on little chips and pitches.

Thread/Radio Show

Awesome. Thanks Thainer :D

I have them in two wedges and love them. They do not feel any different to me than a normal wedge shaft. I'm sure there is more flex at impact, but not something you will notice.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Temper-Wedge-Shafts-Q-amp-A&highlight=Spinner

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Rifle-Spinner-Wedge-Shafts&highlight=Spinner

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-JAWS-Wedges-Spinner-Shafts&highlight=Spinner

Thanks Hoosier. I'm just kind of sketchy to try these haha. Lookin for a lot of good information :D

Thanks Hoosier. I'm just kind of sketchy to try these haha. Lookin for a lot of good information :D

Really for the price, you can't lose giving one a try. They added some spin for sure, and I like spin. Like I said, they feel the same as any wedge shaft to me and they are not floppy at all. After all, they are not made of rubber.....LOL Lots of good info in those threads.

Really for the price, you can't lose giving one a try. They added some spin for sure, and I like spin. Like I said, they feel the same as any wedge shaft to me and they are not floppy at all. After all, they are not made of rubber.....LOL Lots of good info in those threads.

Ok sounds good. I may give these a try. :d

Picking up my CG14 52 and 60 with reshafted DG Spinners tomorrow. Let's see how these shafts perform

Not gonna look through 18 pages, but is there anyone on here who has demo'd the shafts and/or reviewed them?

Not gonna look through 18 pages, but is there anyone on here who has demo'd the shafts and/or reviewed them?

Scroll up a bit. Quite a few people have them and love them. Lots of good info in this thread.

--
tapatalk

I hope you dont get that response if you are ever chosen to be forum tester for a set of clubs. :alien:

I hope you dont get that response if you are ever chosen to be forum tester for a set of clubs. :alien:

Haha, to be fair, it did come after scrolling through a good 20-30 pages of the Nike VR Pro Combo irons thread. So I was feeling kinda :hypnotized:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I get chosen for any testing, I'll take the con of having to constantly answer questions. Just like when people complain about Tour Pros constantly being harassed with autographs during practice rounds. They're tour pros, I'll take that lifestyle for 500 of the same 2 seconds scribbling after my round. :D

I have them in my nikes and love them.
Haha, to be fair, it did come after scrolling through a good 20-30 pages of the Nike VR Pro Combo irons thread. So I was feeling kinda :hypnotized:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I get chosen for any testing, I'll take the con of having to constantly answer questions. Just like when people complain about Tour Pros constantly being harassed with autographs during practice rounds. They're tour pros, I'll take that lifestyle for 500 of the same 2 seconds scribbling after my round. :D

I bought the MPT 11 wedges right when they came out just b/c they have the Spinners as stock shafts. I quite like the shaft. I find they offer a slightly lower launch and from my own personal testing, I find that they do impart more spin. I like them a lot.

I have them in my nikes and love them.

Good to hear Thainer. Maybe I'll check these out during our round as well. In the mean time, I'll try and get my hands on some new technology to let you mess around with haha.

Back