Disney Magnolia Course Pictures

All of the courses are very good, Disney understands the importance of good course conditions.

I hate winter. Especially in Northwest Ohio!

Nice photos...I enjoyed the Magnolia a lot more than the Palm, but they were both in great shape when we went last October!

I had the opportunity to play the Palm last June. Compared to what I play here in Central Illinois I was awestruck. You could tell the course was busy but Disney takes great care of their properties. We were warned by the starter to watch out for racoons raiding the carts. Sure enough, we had one in our cart on the back nine. It was funny until he outdrove me on the next hole...

I had the opportunity to play the Palm last June. Compared to what I play here in Central Illinois I was awestruck. You could tell the course was busy but Disney takes great care of their properties. We were warned by the starter to watch out for racoons raiding the carts. Sure enough, we had one in our cart on the back nine. It was funny until he outdrove me on the next hole...

<rimshot> Thank you, don't forget to tip your waitress, try the veal...

Well, I played 12 holes at the Magnolia on Saturday. Didn't tee off until after 2:30 and between a full course and high wind pace of play was slow. There was no chance of getting in a full 18 and I had to drive back into town to pickup my wife from the hotel and then back to WDW for dinner and a night in the MK so I just stopped after the 12th.

Course was in great shape, which is almost a miracle considering the amount of play it gets. Very forgiving off the tee, not a lot of water in play anywhere I saw if you hit it even reasonable close to where you target. The wind was just killing us, though. I missed all but two fairways and didn't hit a single GIR in those 12 holes. The longer par 4s were playing like par 5s. On the 9th I hit a good driver followed by a good 5 wood to get hole high, though I missed the green to the right. Hard to score in those conditions. I felt better about it, though, since I was playing with a young scratch golfer from Pittsburgh who was down practicing because of the US Open qualifier that will be held at the Magnolia in May. He was playing as far back as possible, and hit a lot better and farther than me, but he wasn't scoring well either in that wind...

And I didn't expect the turkeys. I was on the practice green before we started and out of nowhere come two turkeys jogging right through all of us on the green... caused much amusement. I always wondered where Disney got those giant turkey legs in the parks - they just grow them next door.

Thanks for the pics looks great.

Planning on playing all the Disney courses this coming fall. Will be at WDW for 10 days and plan to play 5 times maybe more depending on funds.

I have discounts available since I am a Anual pass holder for people in my group, if any locals are interested let me know through pm to join me for a round.

Disney has some great courses. They used to have 5 18-hole courses, but they sold the Pete Dye course- Eagle Pines- to the Ritz Carlton. That was my favorite course of the five. Osprey Ridge(Fazio) and Lake Buena Vista are my next two favorites, then Magnolia, then Palm. All are great courses. Look for 2 for 1 deals throughout the year from them. Usually the run one in December/January. They are pricey, but the Mouse has gotta eat!!

Just played here today just decided to add some more pictures for others.
(By the way guy in green/yellow shirt is a guy on the mini tour, played the back nine with him)

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

Nice update Chosen 1... I hope to play there one day soon

Nice update Chosen 1... I hope to play there one day soon

thanks! If ever in the area make sure this course is at the top of your list for the price ($43 for an 11:38 tee time) it was well worth it. Thanks again.

thanks! If ever in the area make sure this course is at the top of your list for the price ($43 for an 11:38 tee time) it was well worth it. Thanks again.

Its a fun one. I would definitely not put it at the top of the list for Orlando Golf, but for the price in the offseason like now, its definitely worth it. Just my thought though.

Glad you enjoyed it as much as you did.

JB, what would you put in list of courses to visit in the area? I think I am going to the area early October.

Its a fun one. I would definitely not put it at the top of the list for Orlando Golf, but for the price in the offseason like now, its definitely worth it. Just my thought though.

Glad you enjoyed it as much as you did.

JB, what would you put in list of courses to visit in the area? I think I am going to the area early October.

There are a few threads on it.

Waldorf Astoria
Grand Cypress (both courses)

There are really tons of great courses depending on where one is staying and how much one wants to spend.

Waldorf Astoria

There are really tons of great courses depending on where one is staying and how much one wants to spend.

Do you know the rates @ Grand Cypress by chance?

Do you know the rates @ Grand Cypress by chance?

No, but you can click on the Tee Times button at the top of the page and check them right now.

This thread has me wanting to hop a plane tomorrow. The next couple weeks of work and these temps have me in a foul mood, is it vacation time yet? Oh yeah, I don't get a vacation, lol

Waldorf Astoria

You can make times through THP for both of these courses. JB is right, two of the top 3 in Orlando

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! The course looks awesome! My Dad has played it as a friend of ours has a house near Highlands in Florida and he says it really is great.

So nice to see some courses bathed in sunshine - not like over here!

Back