Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I love watching my shots before I hit them as well lol. Ive spent the last week just keeping my head down at the range and has it paid off. Not every shot is perfect but a lot better contact. Its funny how something that simple works.

I love that you took the plunge. Here's to some good Mashie time this weekend!

yoccos, makes sense. I do have a habit of lifting my head and thus coming out of my swing. Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully get some real course time this weekend!

The Big Brown Truck showed up a little ago with my Mashie 3(Thanks Patty at Blind 9) .Beautiful club and headcover,much lighter than my Nickents.
Felt great swinging in the backyard.Can't wait to hit some balls tomorrow.I'm very impressed with Cleveland golf,having hit the CG 14 51* wedge
and the XL 270 and SL 290 drivers,don't even want to try theCG16 irons(Might have to get them).Thanks THP ers for the heads up on their equipment.

I'm hoping my eyes arent deceiving me and your name is Mark G. I'm a Marc G. The Mashie has to work for you :)

All seriousness, it's the most impressive hybrid I've hit. The technology behind the shaft and the Mashie head really gets you out of some spots.

The Big Brown Truck showed up a little ago with my Mashie 3(Thanks Patty at Blind 9) .Beautiful club and headcover,much lighter than my Nickents.
Felt great swinging in the backyard.Can't wait to hit some balls tomorrow.I'm very impressed with Cleveland golf,having hit the CG 14 51* wedge
and the XL 270 and SL 290 drivers,don't even want to try theCG16 irons(Might have to get them).Thanks THP ers for the heads up on their equipment.

Your eyes are probably fine.I'm Mark M.It's the car I drive.Hoping I have similar luck.

Bye bye Adams Super Black and HELLO Mashie M3!
I received my Mashie today and I am so excited.... However, I don't have time this weekend to go to the range and it's raining early next week.
Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until my wife's Mashie gets delivered.

Bye bye Adams Super Black and HELLO Mashie M3!
I received my Mashie today and I am so excited.... However, I don't have time this weekend to go to the range and it's raining early next week.
Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until my wife's Mashie gets delivered.

I played that same Adams part of last year. The Mashie is by far easier to hit and feels way better. Youll like it.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

I played that same Adams part of last year. The Mashie is by far easier to hit and feels way better. Youll like it.

So far, I've hot my Adams better than the mashie...however, I see the potential in the mashie to be my go to club once I get some time with it.

Tap before talk.

Had my first time with the M3 today and am impressed at how perfectly light this club is. It definitely gets the ball up there (nice flight) but is not necessarily an automatic bullet that shoots straight for me. Of course, I would blame that on the pilot! As far as distance, it seems to be hitting a little shorter than my Burner 3h, but it also doesn't have a graphite extension in it that I put in my hybrids to accommodate my height. I hit a few slices with the M3 but predominantly straight or drawn flights were the norm. Based on my first few fat divots, I would say this is not a digger's club and that a flat approach is appropriate.

Anyway, the verdict is still out but I think I like the feel of hitting such a light yet balanced club. I obviously need more time and will do so after my Mardis Gras trip. I brought it out on the course with me but never had a chance to use it. I do not like the headcover, though.

I'm hitting my M3 so well right now and its killing me I haven't got my M2 yet from Blind9Golf. Its been almost a month now and it hasn't even shipped. Come on Cleveland please make my Mashie, it was a pre-order and I really want it.

i hit a mashie M3 today side by side a Vr pro hybrid inside GG. tough to say inside.i liked both. my dispersion with the vr pro was actually better. and the mashie was shorter but more consistent. while the dispersion was better with the vr pro, i was both left and right of the target at times. with the mashie i was consistently just left of the target and almost every shot of the ten i hit were within 5 yards of each other.

tough call.

vr pro:
longer
felt great
better looks

mashie:
shorter
consistent
felt great

i cant find a place that has a M1 in stock or a 15 VR Pro. that is what i wanted to hit today (looking for a replacement for my 3 wood), but hit 20.5 and 20 for comparison sake.

edit: after re-reading my post, i guess my dispersion was better with the mashie. i was about 10 yards left of the target on every shot. literally every one. i was about 5 yard both left and right of the target with the vr pro. if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Golf galaxy told me they didn't think they'd ever get a M1 in stock so i just ordered one from blind9golf.

Golf galaxy told me they didn't think they'd ever get a M1 in stock so i just ordered one from blind9golf.

that is what they told me too. "no one needs one of those"
well, i want to replace my 3 wood, so i am thinking i might. i might just buy one and see what happens. between it and the vr pro, they both felt like hybrids i would be happy to live with. almost a "find the best deal and pull the trigger" kinda thing. id love to hit both outside first though.

Nice can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

that is what they told me too. "no one needs one of those"
well, i want to replace my 3 wood, so i am thinking i might. i might just buy one and see what happens. between it and the vr pro, they both felt like hybrids i would be happy to live with. almost a "find the best deal and pull the trigger" kinda thing. id love to hit both outside first though.

Yeah I hear ya. I hate hitting into nets or a sim. The only way I can hit any of this stuff outside is at the THP demo day. But I've already hit the mashie so I know I like it. Just not the M1. Funny GG told me the same thing. "M1? What loft is that? 15*? no one will need that." lol whatever.

Dear UPS:

I want to kick your hateful freaking driver in the face, and then you in the face directly. You had my clubs on your truck, my tracking info says so, I know they were there. However, your pompous driver refused to even check to see if it was there after he handed me only one of my wife's med-school books. I hate your guts, now its two more days wait because you will not allow me to come pick it up either since you have not "successfully attempted delivery".

Sincerely,

Jman

that sux man. sry

Yeah I hear ya. I hate hitting into nets or a sim. The only way I can hit any of this stuff outside is at the THP demo day. But I've already hit the mashie so I know I like it. Just not the M1. Funny GG told me the same thing. "M1? What loft is that? 15*? no one will need that." lol whatever.

Tomorrow Cleveland is having a Demo Days at one of our local clubs. I hope they have an M1 to hit. I love my m5 and am looking for another. it may be my lucky day.

I'm now in the mashie club as well!

what kinda distance are you seeing with the m5?

dont go by what I hit mine as I tend to hit the ball very high and Short. Im got it to replace my 5 iron and I hit it 160-170.

I only hit my driver 235-250 most of the time. however I love the m5. Lots better than my 5 iron.

I really like what I've been hearing about the mashie so far. I just got back from hitting the mashie at golf galaxy. Because I don't have time to read the whole thread, I was wondering if someone could sum up which mashie seems to be more popular, the m3 or m4. I hit both of them well and can't decide on which one to get and don't have room in my bag for both.

I really like what I've been hearing about the mashie so far. I just got back from hitting the mashie at golf galaxy. Because I don't have time to read the whole thread, I was wondering if someone could sum up which mashie seems to be more popular, the m3 or m4. I hit both of them well and can't decide on which one to get and don't have room in my bag for both.

I would say the M3 is the most popular. It seems as though it can fill a pretty good gap between FW woods and irons for some.

As bad as my swing was at the range today, the only thing that worked today were the mashies. Crazy stiff wind in my face and left to right yet the Mashie bored through best it could even if it ended up short of the targets I was aiming for. The mashies salvaged whatever positives I could take from my range session today. Thank you Mashie

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Well I showed up to my local golf store to try out the Mashies. Unbenounced to me Cleveland was having a demo day, so I got to hit the while line up including the z star forged irons. Let me just say that Cleveland has brought it this year! I ended up walking away with the M1 (apparently a club that nobody needs :D) and the M3. I am too excited!

I want to start of this review with I played like crap today. I hope it was the worst round of golf this year. I think this is the worst round of golf I have played in the last year too. I just couldn’t get anything right. Driving, irons, chipping and putting weren’t’ working at all. I just don’t know what was going on with my game, but it wasn’t good.
On to the Mashie review. Here is the run down of the round.
5 hole Par 5- I drove the ball into the right woods and decided to us the Mashie to get out. I needed a slight hook right below a tree branch. Risky shot, but worth going after. I gave the ball a nice hook, but hit the one branch that was hanging out! I ended up in the middle of the fairway at 150 out. Not the out I wanted, but it will work.
7 hole Par 4- I had been struggling with my driver all day long so I decide to use the M1 off the tee box. I hit a nice draw down the hole that landed a foot off the fairway. It went about 220 yds. Not a bad hit on the day.
13 hole Par 4- I decided at this point of the terrible round to put the driver up for the day. I used the M1 off the tee on this hole. I hit a nice shot down the middle of the fairway. It ended up going about 220 yd down the fairway.
15 hole Par 5- Teed off with the M1 and put it about 3 ft off the right of the fairway. I use the M3 to put it about 50 yds out. I had a nice chip on the green and two putt for a par.
16 hole Par 4- Teed off with the M1 in the left side of the fairway. It was not a pretty hole from there.
17 hole Par 4- Teed off with the M1 and put it about 200yds out off the right hand side of the fairway. I had a tree in the way, so I decided to try and use the M1 for a slice into the green. I cut it a little to hard and put the ball on the right side of the green. I chipped it up on and two putted for a bogey.
All in all, I could not hit anything great today. The Mashies did OK on a bad day. They were a bit all over the place, but not that bad. I think off all my clubs they did the best job and didn’t put me in the most jeopardy. I hope I got my worst round out for the year today.

Back