TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 & TP Driver Review Thread

Got the chance to hit this vs. the R11 tonight at Dick's and really preferred the SF 2.0 to the R11. I was only hitting into the net so I couldn't see much, but the feel was better with the 2.0 in my opinion. The shaft wasn't exactly right for me (stock stiff) so I didn't really look at numbers. Just tried to get a feel for how the different club heads felt.

Not sure if anyone is still curious what offerings there are for stock shafts in the SF 2.0 TP model but here are the ones that I have run across...Keep in mind there may be others but these are the only ones I can verify.

Matrix HD6
Fujikura Blur
Aldila RIP

I got to hold this in hand in golf galaxy yesterday. The first thing I noticed was the weight, it was so light. But man I wanted to hit it, the simulator was taken so no luck there. My two questions I have are does it feel fairly solid while hitting, with the lack of weight I'm very curious on how it will feel while hitting. The second is, does the graphics on the crown become distracting at all?

P.S. Is the head smaller than 460CC?

i find it like hitting marshmellows out the middle but if you heel or toe it you can feel the feedback but it still travels a fair distance as for the looks they dont bother me. infact i love the look of this stick so much so im waiting for the fw's to come in to look at

I got to hold this in hand in golf galaxy yesterday. The first thing I noticed was the weight, it was so light. But man I wanted to hit it, the simulator was taken so no luck there. My two questions I have are does it feel fairly solid while hitting, with the lack of weight I'm very curious on how it will feel while hitting. The second is, does the graphics on the crown become distracting at all?

P.S. Is the head smaller than 460CC?

No the head is still 460cc

No the head is still 460cc

Excellent, it was just a little weird since when I set it down it just looked like it was smaller. I can't wait to give it a rip this week!

Yesterday at the driving range I was banging some balls with the TM Burner SuperFast 2.0, because I was in a dome I could only see the first 70 yards of the ball's flight but I was definitely liking what I saw. I'm not good enough to play fades, cuts, draws, hooks and all that but where I really need to work the ball is with the trajectory so I worked on that yesterday. The golf dome works well for that because you can pick a spot on the back wall 70 yds away and instantly see if you hit the spot or not. I had no problems hitting higher and lower shots with this club. The sound is really growing on me and yesterday it gained the attention of the dude in the hitting bay next to mine, 1 shot with it and he looks over at me. I kept going about my business and the next 2 shots he kept looking over, finally he came up and started talking about the club. I let him take a couple of cracks with it and he immediately started asking about prices and where to buy one. Good stuff!

Yesterday at the driving range I was banging some balls with the TM Burner SuperFast 2.0, because I was in a dome I could only see the first 70 yards of the ball's flight but I was definitely liking what I saw. I'm not good enough to play fades, cuts, draws, hooks and all that but where I really need to work the ball is with the trajectory so I worked on that yesterday. The golf dome works well for that because you can pick a spot on the back wall 70 yds away and instantly see if you hit the spot or not. I had no problems hitting higher and lower shots with this club. The sound is really growing on me and yesterday it gained the attention of the dude in the hitting bay next to mine, 1 shot with it and he looks over at me. I kept going about my business and the next 2 shots he kept looking over, finally he came up and started talking about the club. I let him take a couple of cracks with it and he immediately started asking about prices and where to buy one. Good stuff!

lol that is good stuff, TM should send you a thank you gift. Glad to hear that your getting the club to do what you want it to, hopefully it will translate into some good rounds on the course for you. Thanks for the feedback and keep bangin away.

Old Jake, such a great ambassador for all things golf, love to hear that you are spreading the 2.0 wealth.

I'd really like to get properly fitted for one of the 2.0 TP's and take it out for a week head-to-head with the R11 to see which is better. I like the looks of the R11 better but I could get used to the 2.0 TP if it works better for me.

Whats the performance difference between the super fast 2.0 and R11?

I was able to get this driver out for some more testing yesterday. I have noticed a nice jump in ball speed since my first trip to the simulator with this. Yesterday I was testing out a new ball as well and saw a ball speed as high as 162 mph once. I was consistently in the upper 150's in ball speed and had a consistent launch of 12 degrees with my average distances hovering right around 275 yds. The simulator didn't show any spin #s nor did it show swing speed so I don't have those specifics for you but I can say that it is pretty easy to hit straight and it feels absolutely great. I've been trying to find something that I don't like about the stock shaft and really I can't come up with much just yet. I like the weight of the club, (TM's lightest driver ever) and as I've stated the added length of the shaft hasn't been an issue at all. I'm looking forward to more testing as the weather warms up over the next few weeks, I'm really having fun testing this one.

great reviews so far, P4B. i need to go hit this soon, you are making me want one.

Played a SF 3wood on thursday, and it was my first full round with anything of the SF family.

First impressions on it was that it was HUGE. It was probably the white playing tricks on my eyes. Looking down at hit, I felt that I would not be able to take a divot without chunking it, but I never needed to. I do wonder how it would perform with a shorter shaft though.

Off the tee, this thing was long, much longer than my current fairway, and with a much higher launch. The sound and feel was super solid, and I would absolutely bag this thing in a heartbeat. I cant wait to hit this thing a little more when Im swinging better, so I can see the full potential of this club. Definitely a performer for my swing though.

That being said, I have a tendency to like my things to match. If I were to bag one of these, I would need to bag a white driver as well. Just a personal thing, but I couldnt just bag a single white club.

I just picked one of these up this afternoon. I went into the store to buy an R11 and walked away with a SF 2.0.
I tried out the R11 and was really disappointed with it the feel from it was poor and stock Blur shaft had no feel whatsoever for me. Good shots felt harsh and bad strikes went nowhere.
I was on my way out when the guy said have a try with the SF2.0.
Wow what a difference !
I had read the club was long and light but TM have got this perfect for me, I'm only 5,8 tall but didn't have any problems with it. I love the contrast of white crown and black face as that makes it so easy to setup square.
The Matrix xcon 4.8 shaft felt awesome I could really tell where the head was throughout the swing and the ball strike made a likeable sound as the ball shot of the face like a bullet.
The balls on this range were garbage but I was still getting reasonable results and far far better than the R11.
So all in all I'm very happy and looking forward to trying the club at my usual range tomorrow night. another bonus is it was £100 less than the R11 so now I have a liitle left over to spend on something else :D

This driver is AMAZING!! I demoed it the first day it arrived in our store. Comparing it against everything I could get my hands on. I love it!! Consistantly hit it 15yrds or so average longer than the R11 and my 909D2. I was getting ball speeds of 159-165 mph and a total carry anywhere from 285-295. I love it!! Can't wait for the summer. The simulator is great, but I can't wait to get this thing on the course!!!

I pre-ordered the r11, so I did not get to test out the SF 2.0. I have heard great things about it. I decided on the r11 because I could never stand the shape of the superfast. However, the superfasr TP has a smaller head and is much easier to look at. I still don't like the regular SF, but the TP looks very nice. I am definitely going to try it out when my local shop has a demo day. Although so far I have been very happy with the r11 on the range. I think either one would have been a great choice over the Dymo Str8-fit that I was hitting before...

I pre-ordered the r11, so I did not get to test out the SF 2.0. I have heard great things about it. I decided on the r11 because I could never stand the shape of the superfast. However, the superfasr TP has a smaller head and is much easier to look at. I still don't like the regular SF, but the TP looks very nice. I am definitely going to try it out when my local shop has a demo day. Although so far I have been very happy with the r11 on the range. I think either one would have been a great choice over the Dymo Str8-fit that I was hitting before...

Actually the head on the TP is the same size as the regular version, both 460cc. The only difference is the face is slightly open and the head feels a bit heavier and shaft is 45.5" instead of 46.5"

Actually the head on the TP is the same size as the regular version, both 460cc. The only difference is the face is slightly open and the head feels a bit heavier and shaft is 45.5" instead of 46.5"

Not to mention different shaft. Both Matrix though. I guess not in your case, how do you like the 2.0 with the RIP? I've been so interested in that shaft but never had a chance to try it.

Not to mention different shaft. Both Matrix though. I guess not in your case, how do you like the 2.0 with the RIP? I've been so interested in that shaft but never had a chance to try it.

Havent had it out on the course yet, but from the shots Ive put into a net I think its pretty solid. Seems to fit my swing characteristics pretty well. We have finally broken the 40 degree mark the last couple of days so there seems to be a pretty rapid spring thaw coming on. So Im guessing I will be able to get it outside within the next two weeks so I'll update you on flight info and dispersion here shortly.

Havent had it out on the course yet, but from the shots Ive put into a net I think its pretty solid. Seems to fit my swing characteristics pretty well. We have finally broken the 40 degree mark the last couple of days so there seems to be a pretty rapid spring thaw coming on. So Im guessing I will be able to get it outside within the next two weeks so I'll update you on flight info and dispersion here shortly.

Thanks! Any chance you remember your numbers on the launch monitor?

Thanks! Any chance you remember your numbers on the launch monitor?

I honestly cant remember the specifics so Im not even going to try and guess. I have to drive about 3 1/2 hours to get on a good LM but I'll do my best to try and free up some time and get down there so I can get some #s up.

EDIT: But the numbers wouldnt have been the same anyways cause the demo had the HD6 and my dispersion was a little wider than optimal. The RIP shaft has lower torque something like 2.7* I believe so that usually will narrow my misses.

Back