Is Golf A Sport?

• YES!

Votes: 157 94.6%
  • NO!

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters
Really?

Really?

Golf is no doubt a sport. No questions asked.

Here we go again...

ESPN considers poker a sport, the Olympic commitee was considering Bridge as a demo sport, so if card games qualify as sports I don't see how golf could not be considered one, it is certainly more physical.

Definitely a sport. I don't know how you could even question it that its not a sport.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Without a doubt!

It Lives...

if dart is a sport, if cards is a sport, if car racing is a sport, golf is no doubt a sport!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this thread is like the "cat that came back the very next day, you thought it was a goner..."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this thread is like the "cat that came back the very next day, you thought it was a goner..."

My first thought was "Uh-oh" when I saw it come back!

If it looks like a sport and smells likes a sport, its a sport.

yes golf is a sport. requires both physical and mental skills, must have game smarts knowing which shot to hit and when, and also requires strength and coordination. true athletes can swing a golf club, one sport athletes look so goofy whenever they pick up a club and try to hit. one must be able to have complete control over his/her body in order to play golf at a relatively high level

in the pole it looks like 9 people missed the yes option :bulgy-eyes:

Golf takes atheltic ability and hand eye coordination to be good at. Just like baseball where a person uses hand eye coordination and athletic ability to be good at the sport. Im not sayin everyone has to be an athelete to play golf, but it definately helps

This is a trap thread.

I don't even know if I should respond. I look at it two ways... as long as they award Olympic medals for Ice Dancing then yes. Physiologically speaking with the way that the body moves and contorts it takes athletic ability. Unfortunately though, the debate can be said that an athletic body need not apply to golf (Sorry Mr's Sindelaar and Herron and old Daly). Too bad there wasn't a fence sitting option.... that would be my vote.

Alex

Back