Dick's Sporting Goods!!!

Jason P

Reaction score
Handicap
The two DSG stores I have been two do not sell Titleist clubs or Srixon clubs. Is that the case with every Dick's? Also you gotta love getting coupons in from them or Reward Money only to see in the tiny fine print that every single golf company's equipment is excluded!! Their latest magazine had $5 off any dozen balls over $30 BUT excluded Titleist & Taylormade Penta balls! What the hell!!

I don't think they sell Titleist or Srixon clubs. They sell both brands of balls, hats, and gloves but not clubs.

The two DSG stores I have been two do not sell Titleist clubs or Srixon clubs. Is that the case with every Dick's? Also you gotta love getting coupons in from them or Reward Money only to see in the tiny fine print that every single golf company's equipment is excluded!! Their latest magazine had $5 off any dozen balls over $30 BUT excluded Titleist & Taylormade Penta balls! What the hell!!

Unforunately most manufacturers regulate a minimum retail price to these retail stores, which disqualifies their products.

Unfortunately that's the case with coupons at most major stores. Almost all major brands are excluded.

Not all major sporting good chains sell all brands of clubs either, it isn't only Dick's.

I am surprised about the balls though, normally they are included, but they are probably selling Titleist and TM balls, and want to move product on the other manufacturer's.

I see Vokey wedges at my local Dick's, but the last time I saw anything else was the 983k, 2 years after it came out. Like others have said, many manufacturers require MAP pricing on the major equipment at all times. Ping could even be the worst about it as most retailers can't even advertise their Ping pricing online. TGW always a page long list, in fine print, of all of the equipment excluded from any sales, and always includes almost all Callaway, all Mizuno, anything that's been released in the last 6 months from TM, all Titleist, all Ping and most Cleveland as well. Just kinda have to learn to deal with it.

DSG doesn't sell Ping, Titleist, or Srixon clubs here in Louisville.

Now that you mention it, I have never seen Titleist clubs at Dicks. The fine print on those coupons are typical of most stores including Best Buy.

Is not happy with Dick's. My wife bought me a pair of FootJoy Contour shoes on closeout. When I tried them on, they fit fine, but when I tried them on last week, they were a half-inch too long. I took them back and got absolutely no help in the golf section, they didnt give a s*&t if I got shoes or not. I got my money back, jumped on EBay and got myself some 2010 adicomforts for $35.

I won't go to DSG for anything golf related based purely on 1 CSR. I had my golf clubs stolen a few months back and I went to DSG to get a quote for my insurance co. because that was the closest spot to my place. The guy working payed me off as if I was trying to scam my insurance co. He said he was going to call me back witha quote the next day and I still have not heard from him. It has been a few months and I have already received a quote and my new clubs.... TM 2.0s... Which were a lot cheaper than they were at DSG.

I was told by DSG that they do not carry those clubs, but their "sister" store, Golf Galaxy, carries those brands

The Dick's here in Vestal, NY just got a brand new bing display and fitting cart last week. Prior to that they did not sell Ping clubs. Im not sure why they dont carry all the manufacturers, but my guess is that it would take away from the Dick's brand Acuity.

The dicks here in my town carry everything except Titleist. They carry pings. The guy that works in the golf section says they have some special deal with TM which is why they don't carry Titleist there. Not sure if that is true or not..

In nj they sell srixon balls.

So I guess if Roco wants to play Titleist he is SOL. :D

Tried to give my DSG in Clarksville, TN another chance this past weekend. They have an R9 3 wood in reg flex. They let me hit it, but never even tried to convince me to buy it. I am pretty much done with that store. Customer service is horrible!

The customer service between Dick's and Golf Galaxy is night and day. I was in Dick's for about 15 mins and got no help. There were 3 guys there, at least one was an employee, just shooting the sht and not helping anybody. I walked out with nothing.

Tried to give my DSG in Clarksville, TN another chance this past weekend. They have an R9 3 wood in reg flex. They let me hit it, but never even tried to convince me to buy it. I am pretty much done with that store. Customer service is horrible!

What does this mean? He didn't answer questions for you or he actually left you alone to decide on your own if you liked the club or not? I personally hate pressure salesmen.

unfortunately where I live, my only two options are Dick's and Sports Authority! They both suck, but occasionally SA will have some ridiculous deal on a club that puts a smile on my face. The closest Golf Galaxy is a 2hr drive to Indy & I've been there once. Its the greatest place on earth. "Sister" company does not suit them at all. I wish they would expand & have more locations. Walked in there & the very first thing the lady asked was if I wanted to try out TM's new Burner 2.0 or R11...I was thrilled & spent the next 20 mins hitting balls!

The one near me does not sell Titleist either.

I guess I am pretty lucky because the Dick's by me is fantastic. Let me hit whatever I want whenever I want. Always available to help and ask questions. Relatively knowledgable. Friendly. They carry Ping in the store and Vokey wedges. I guess it all depends on the store.

The Golf Galaxy near me is just as fantastic. No pressure to buy, very knowledgable, and a fantastic store layout that makes it easy to shop.

The only Dick's that I've been do was in Shreveport and I wasn't all that impressed with it. I'll take Edwin Watts or Golf Headquarters over Dick's, any day.

Back