What is the craziest shot you ever had???

Was playing at a local muni course and was playing a short par 3. I sliced the tee shot in and had about 15 yards to the green and 20 to the cup. I hit the shot a little chunky and it hit a pieced of wood lining a little path to the next tee bounced onto the green and made a perfect line right for the hole. My favorite birdie ever.

Excellent!! Was there anyone there to witness it? It would have been something I bragged about all round!

Definitely getting some good "craziest shots".

This is a great thread! Mine was on the par 5 11 at Westlake Village just outside of Rockford, IL. My drive left me at 196 to the center, from the right side rough. I grabbed fairway wood and let it rip. The ball took off, it felt like I had made good contact... It sailed on a slow-riser type trajectory but then I lost it in the cloudy backdrop. The ball had found it's mark, hit the pin, and dropped straight down into the cup. There was a guy sitting on his deck about 100 yards from the green, and he started clapping and shouting "it went in, it went in!" I just stood there, in shock... It took a minute or 2 for me to a) figure out what this guy was shouting about, and b) to realize I had just made 2 on a par 5. Now, the rest of the round was not nearly as amazing, but it didn't matter. :)

This is a great thread! Mine was on the par 5 11 at Westlake Village just outside of Rockford, IL. My drive left me at 196 to the center, from the right side rough. I grabbed fairway wood and let it rip. The ball took off, it felt like I had made good contact... It sailed on a slow-riser type trajectory but then I lost it in the cloudy backdrop. The ball had found it's mark, hit the pin, and dropped straight down into the cup. There was a guy sitting on his deck about 100 yards from the green, and he started clapping and shouting "it went in, it went in!" I just stood there, in shock... It took a minute or 2 for me to a) figure out what this guy was shouting about, and b) to realize I had just made 2 on a par 5. Now, the rest of the round was not nearly as amazing, but it didn't matter. :)

Do you mind if I take that story as mine??? Just kidding... But WOW!!!

I was playing along a lake on a long par 5 and was trying to clear part of the lake to get to the green with a 4 iron, I didn't have enough distance but there was a huge bed of boulders about 5 feet wide along the bank, The ball was completely going for the water, hit a rock, kicked even further towards the water, hit another rock and sky rocketed back onto the fairway.

par3 195
saw a friend bounce his teeshot off a turtle and almost get an ace... worst shot with best result ever

I saw MO_Hacker bounce one off a freaking fish!

My craziest shot was at Boyne Highlands golf resort about 5 years ago. It was a par 5 and I was about 220 out. I sliced a three wood and it was going OB, but hit the back end of maintenance pick up truck near the woods and ricocheted onto the green stopping about 10 feet from the hole. Of course I made my birdie putt!!

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a crazy shot, but I guess a crazy hole. 625 yd par 5, Drive 265 down the center of the fairway, second shot rope hook, into the bushes, had to take a drop. Hitting four from 225 yards on the edge of the tree line, accidentally "held off" lol a 3wood and started it just left of the flag, ball landed on the backside of a fairway bunker, rolled up on the green and broke about fifteen feet to the right and into the cup for a birdie! Funniest thing was the response to those after the round when I told 'em I holed out from 225 for.......a birdie.

Moved from the Check In Desk to the Golf Forum.

Just 2 weeks ago. 168 par 3 with a shallow but very wide green. Pin on far right, my tee shot goes to the far left edge, pin high. Nailed the 75' putt with about 4 different breaks for a birdie. With all that golf takes out of you, I'll take a little luck now and then.

I was playing a 120 yard par 3 in a 50 mph crosswind. I hit a 9 iron, starting it about 40 yds right of the green and it blew back online and ended up about 2 feet from the hole. The wind almost blew my putt out, but I sneaked it in for a bird. :)

Awesome stories fellow THPer's!!! I very much enjoy reading them, so I hope you keep them coming.

I saw MO_Hacker bounce one off a freaking fish!

Off of a fish???? What kind was it? A steelhead? That's crazy, was it a life threating situation for the fish? Is the fish now in a filet?

final day of a tourney. im about 150 im in loos trees in the right rough that go alll the way up to the green, i take my 5 iron and hit a a really low hook, it some how hits none of the trees and roles up onto the green 4 feet from the cup and i nock it in to make my bogey after going 3 off the tee

final day of a tourney. im about 150 im in loos trees in the right rough that go alll the way up to the green, i take my 5 iron and hit a a really low hook, it some how hits none of the trees and roles up onto the green 4 feet from the cup and i nock it in to make my bogey after going 3 off the tee

Doesn't this belong in the shot of the day thread? Or am I missing the crazy part?

A short par 3...about 120 yards I think.
No wind, so it's a 3/4 wedge for me.
Just as I hit the ball flush and big gust of wind hits from behind.
The ball sails 10 yards over the green and hits on top of a barbed wire fence post.
It proceeds to bounce high and right back on the green to about 25 ft from the pin.
I then 3 putted for a crazy bogey.

Best one I can think of now...tournament about two years ago, 17th hole on final round. Par 5, bit of a dogleg right, I hit my teeshot too far right and was blocked by trees. Had around 230 to flag, took my 3-wood and hit an enormous slice to about 2 feet. Missing left/right would've been a big no-no.

Doesn't this belong in the shot of the day thread? Or am I missing the crazy part?

It didn't seem crazy, but was a good shot! Hey there you go... Shot of the Day Thread... Start it smallville.

Playing Smithtown Landing Country Club. Hole #8 is a straight uphill par 4 with a road to the left. If you hit a good drive you are left with a chip to the green. I of course didn't hit a good drive. Pull hooked it toward the road but it hit a tree and bounced straight down. Walked over and found my ball laying in some leaves and very close to a large tree but I had enough room to make this insanely upright swing. I only had about 120 in but with the swing I had to make I took a 4 iron. Took a couple of practice swings and hit the tree on 3/4 of them. Finally just said screw up. Took my stance. Reared back with the ugliest swing I've ever taken and hit a perfect low linedrive hook around the tree in front of me. Thought I hit it long so went up to the green and and everyone started digging in the woods behind the green. Couldn't find it and I was peeved so I just waited for everyone to finish. Guy in my group goes to take the flag out of the hole and he starts laughing. My ball was right in the bottom.

Playing Smithtown Landing Country Club. Hole #8 is a straight uphill par 4 with a road to the left. If you hit a good drive you are left with a chip to the green. I of course didn't hit a good drive. Pull hooked it toward the road but it hit a tree and bounced straight down. Walked over and found my ball laying in some leaves and very close to a large tree but I had enough room to make this insanely upright swing. I only had about 120 in but with the swing I had to make I took a 4 iron. Took a couple of practice swings and hit the tree on 3/4 of them. Finally just said screw up. Took my stance. Reared back with the ugliest swing I've ever taken and hit a perfect low linedrive hook around the tree in front of me. Thought I hit it long so went up to the green and and everyone started digging in the woods behind the green. Couldn't find it and I was peeved so I just waited for everyone to finish. Guy in my group goes to take the flag out of the hole and he starts laughing. My ball was right in the bottom.

AWESOME!! See i'm glad I made this thread... Great stories!! :joy:

Excellent!! Was there anyone there to witness it? It would have been something I bragged about all round!

Yeah I was there with a few of my buddies. They still tell me I should be aiming for any other object than the hole if I actuallly want to make a good shot anymore.

Yeah I was there with a few of my buddies. They still tell me I should be aiming for any other object than the hole if I actuallly want to make a good shot anymore.

I'm sure if they weren't there to see it, they would never have believed it. Some peoples golf stories are like fishing stories...

A short par 3...about 120 yards I think.

No wind, so it's a 3/4 wedge for me.

Just as I hit the ball flush and big gust of wind hits from behind.

The ball sails 10 yards over the green and hits on top of a barbed wire fence post.

It proceeds to bounce high and right back on the green to about 25 ft from the pin.

I then 3 putted for a crazy bogey.

I have one almost the same as that, except it hit a tree and bounces back on the green and into the whole. It was on a par 4 and in for an eagle. Crazy crazy

Back