Who is the Best "All Around" Equipment Company?

Come on... You have to know what I'm going to say.... TAYLORMADE IS THE BEST ALL AROUND EQUIPMENT COMPANY!!! But hey I may be bias... I have never owned a club that wasn't TM but I have hit a calaway big bertha driver and fairway. My game isn't very fine tuned... It didnt seem to me that the bertha was as forgiving on missed shots as my taylormade's. Believe me I don't hit the ball on the sweet spot but maybe 30% of the time. then another 30% on some close to the sweet spot that turn out to be alright. and at the risk of sounding "funny" I love Taylormade balls. You get the idea...

Lol, it was only a matter of time before you posted here, hehe.

No worries on the TM love, but don't be afraid to step outside the box a bit. Callaway makes great irons and wedges. Cleveland makes great puters. BStone makes great balls. Give em a try.

Come on... You have to know what I'm going to say.... TAYLORMADE IS THE BEST ALL AROUND EQUIPMENT COMPANY!!! But hey I may be bias... I have never owned a club that wasn't TM but I have hit a calaway big bertha driver and fairway. My game isn't very fine tuned... It didnt seem to me that the bertha was as forgiving on missed shots as my taylormade's. Believe me I don't hit the ball on the sweet spot but maybe 30% of the time. then another 30% on some close to the sweet spot that turn out to be alright. and at the risk of sounding "funny" I love Taylormade balls. You get the idea...

Taylormade has no Idea how I feel. It's almost like puppy love! I want to be Mr. Taylormade. I want to be the "FACE" behind the name. Where do I sign up? Does it take a Taylormade tattoo across my forehead?

Well at least you did extensive testing before comming up with your decision :laughing:

Hey everybody,
At the moment, its TMAG. Wonderful product, great R&D, and superb marketing. Albeit, the new R11 is not as good as the Super-tri.
Cheers

They all have pro's and con's, mostly relating to personal opinion. I think that we will place Adams higher and higher as the years go on. Their product line is just so versatile and the engineering is really incredible.

I would love to say Mizuno because in my experience their irons can't be touched. They are way behind in every other category unfortunately.

If I had to hit the a single brand it would be Cleveland or Ping. Cleveland has a great 2011 line and Ping stuff is always reliable even thought they don't push the envelope.

I think callaway has to be the best all-around company right now. great equipment year after year, and from what I have heard they have great customer service. I currently do not own any callaway but I have tried some out at a demo day and almost everything feels great! I think Taylormade is a close 2nd though

Would have to agree! Callaway is the way to go, however I LOVE my Cleveland wedges!

Tough call. Id have to say that as an overall company that Titleist, Callaway, Ping and TM are all equally good and would serve anyone well. I guess if I had to choose one, I would have to go with Titleist because overall I like their stuff the best.
Ping doesnt make balls or shoes, I dont care for Odyssey putters and Im not a fan of TM golf balls.

I would imagine after next weekend it will be hard to get me to say anything but TM.

For me it would be a coin flip between Cleveland/Srixon and Taylormade both have solid lineups. I still love my Srixon, I701's there not as long as some of the new sets out there but they are buttery smooth and they let you know when you hit it pure. As you can see from my signature most of my $$$$ has been going to TM.

Callaway has the RAZR Hawk driver, great irons, tons of good putters to choose from in Odyssey and very good wedges too. If I had to choose one company it would probably be them for all the options.

Callaway is my main preference for best all round company. Talyormade is a very close 2nd. 3rd Titleist.

I think TM has it going on when it comes to marketing. Calloway close 2nd.
But then it comes to specific product I think some smaller companies make better product.

Great thread!

Cleveland Golf doesn't make a bad product. But overall (from top to bottom) I would have to say Callaway or TM.

There is only one company that owns a shaft company. Until that changes, all the others pale in comparison if you want to compare apples to apples.

That is a good point. I cant give them the nod because I hve never tried most of their stuff.

There is only one company that owns a shaft company. Until that changes, all the others pale in comparison if you want to compare apples to apples.

I have to completely disagree with this statement. Personally, I feel as though Adams drops the ball in the iron department. Yes, the release tons of stuff but they don't have as many options. Tell me what their GI, cavity back offering was in 2010. You can't, b/c they don't have one. They make awesome hybrids and their irons are looking better and better. However, what iron set do they have that falls in between the V3 Hybrid/Iron set and the CB2's? I wish they would make the V3's in an iron only set and a hybrid/iron set. I like the direction that Adams is going with their styling and aesthetics but they do have gaps in their offerings.

I agree on what you say about Adams. I am looking for new irons and I need cavity back but I don't need a hybrid 7i. I wish the v3 had the option of regular irons thru the 6.

I have to say my choice would be TM. I know I could find something that I like to play from them for every club in my bag. I can't say that for Callaway. Ping would be an option but they don't make balls, so I exclude them.

Once TaylorMade released the penta ball they became the best all around company IMO. they make great clubs for all levels of players, and that includes irons, woods, hybrids, and putters. Throw in the penta and they have the complete package. I am trying out the bridgestone b330 and b330s after a friend recommended them but it will be hard to beat the penta...

I'd have to go with TM Drivers, fairway metals, hybrids, irons, balls and putters are all above average. Only thing lagging is their wedges, but if you add in the clothing and shoes its TM/Adidas as #1.

I think I will have to go with cleveland/srixon/never compromise as well. Especially this year with the miyzaki shafts in everything.

And this is coming from someone who doesnt have any of their stuff in their bag other than sand wedge

I game 5 year old titleist cb irons, seemore putter, cleveland sand wedge, and then OLD big bertha warhawks

The drivers I am looking at are Cleveland and Titleist 910

and then I think I may also go with a mashie!

Back