what part of your game are you working on?

Working hard on short game. I am determined to get really strong from 100 yards in. I spent a couple hours on our practice hole yesterday. I probably hit 150 chip shots and about 40 shots from 100 yards out. I got my aim down with the 100 yard shots once I realized I wasn't squaring up properly and was missing left a lot at first. Once I got square, straight to the pin! I'm going to really spend some time on that practice hole now that it is starting to warm up. I need help out of the rough though. I did great on my chips except the ones from the rough. I was terrible with those! My shoulders killed me all night.

today was pure putting... from everywhere... and worked really hard on the short ones

Working very hard on my 60* wedge, the change from a CG10 58* to the Mizuno 60* has me really puzzled, so much so that I didn't pull it out of the bag during my last round. I just can't get a feel for this wedge around the green at all, it's either bladed balls or sticking it in the dirt behind the ball. I've always (well since I picked the game back up last May) tried to work the hardest on my wedges since I rely on them so much to help me recover from awful drives and approach shots, but this one club has thrown me for a total loop.

Working very hard on my 60* wedge, the change from a CG10 58* to the Mizuno 60* has me really puzzled, so much so that I didn't pull it out of the bag during my last round. I just can't get a feel for this wedge around the green at all, it's either bladed balls or sticking it in the dirt behind the ball. I've always (well since I picked the game back up last May) tried to work the hardest on my wedges since I rely on them so much to help me recover from awful drives and approach shots, but this one club has thrown me for a total loop.

Is the bounce on it significantly different than what you are accustomed to??

today was pure putting... from everywhere... and worked really hard on the short ones

I learned a good drill to help you focus more on your putting. When you are playing a round every time you get on the green, no matter where, lay your putter down behind the ball and move the ball back one putter length directly away from the hole. Depending on the length of your putter, you are basically adding 3 feet to every putt. This can really make your score go up in a hurry if your putting is bad that day. Our high school golf coach made us do this about once a week. You got how ever many strokes par was for that 9 to get as far around the 9 as you could get. Knowing you only have 35-37 shots on one nine and then stepping up to a putt that was only one foot downhill that is now 4 foot downhill can really make you think.

ive been working on getting a little more on plane and load into the back leg

I've been working on not helping the club downward through impact. When my hands help too much, I scoop.

I'm really trying to work on my short game, specifically chipping. My putting has improved a decent amount over the last couple of years, but long putts don't make for easy putts. I need to work on chipping closer so I have easier putts so I can sink them.

Trying to shape my chips to lower my score.

I'm killing the putting greens right now with all the time I spend walking up and down and the tees I poke in for my drills. It's what I've got to since I don't have much feel on the green. 40 to 70 yard approaches are also high on my practice list.

Last summer, I worked on ball striking and invented the Fat Free Golf Swing Trainer.

So, I'm working on course management and club selection. I like my GPS, but I really want to get a laser rangefinder.

Short game. I have taken to going out to the local par 3, 9 hole muni with just my wedges and putter to see what kind of score I can get. (Ans: not good).

Finally broke down and started to take the club back on plane. Easy for some of you, but I kept taking it back under the plane and it led to potential for overcooked draws.

Took me three weeks of slow swings in the living room (with a mirror) but I finally, FINALLY take it back on plane. My instructor almost cried ;)

On a side note, I'm impressed how so many people here work on short game. It's amazing how quickly the strokes come off the card.

I am stuck inside because of the winter weather but I am working on my putting. Everyday in the basement!

Short game, mostly chipping!

I'm working on shots within 30 yards. I am improving quickly with my driver and irons, however, when I am close to the green, I can end up hacking the ball over/around/through the green with multiple strokes. If I can improve this part of my game, my handicap will certainly drop by significant strokes.

Chipping. Need to work on driver game. I am fighting the banana ball.

I really need to work on my short game. I hear people say all the time Drive for show, and put for dough... I am a believer of this. Heck with enough practice you can save 1-2 shots around and on the green on almost every hole... imagine your scores then!!

Today I am playing but I have been working hard on my driver and long irons lately. Lets see if it pays off today, the goal is to break 80 today.

My temper and attitude after a bad shot. I am doing better, but I still slip up. I am a pretty intense person, so staying calm is something I have to work at.

Working on the driver currently. Whenever I've shot my best rounds, I've driven the ball very well. I figure if I can find the consistency with the big stick, my best rounds will become a normal round.

working hard on grip. I have a tendancy to resort to my old stronger grip when i am struggling hitting fairways, i know that i need to maintain a constistant grip to stay consistant

Tried to work on gauging my Distances with the CB's but it quickly turned into a 'whats my grip like, where are my hands, what's my shaft angle, etc' kinda day. Next I'll just be working on fundamentals and golf 101

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Back