THP Poker Chip Ball Marker Review.

rrpruett

Reaction score
Handicap
First let me say that this is a totally unsolicited review. It may get taken off as I was not asked to do it but here goes.

Well I put the new 2011 THP ball marker in play today. What a great ball marker. I have to admit that this is the first time I have had or used a THP Chip Ball Marker or any poker chip marker for that matter.

I have always been a coin or glove tab marker guy. The coin has worked well in the past but never had any real significance or luck associated with it. The glove marker ; well it’s just a glove marker, hard to get off your glove at times and I always loose them for some reason.

I purchased the five pack of the new THP Chip markers, one for myself and one for each of my sons. I kept the special white addition just in case the value skyrockets in the next few years and I have to sell it to pay my medical bills as I get old :D. So I may not put the special addition into play unless I lose my red one.

Here is my brief review and results.

Pros:
· Easy to find in my pocket, I like the fact that I do not have to search for a long time to find the marker in my pocket or break a finger nail trying to get the one off my glove :angry:.
· It quite not like a bunch of coins jangling around making noise.
· Easy to relocate on the greens. When your eyesight is going bad its great to see that huge marker right away.
· Its BIG
· Reminds me that I am a hacker. i.e. Hackers paradise. so don’t get too upset if I miss the put.
· Very good quality. Seems like it will last a long time.

Cons:
· Have to make sure it’s not in anyone’s line. Did I say its big?
· Some people may want to pick it up and put it in their pocket is sooo cool.

Results: I made my first putt on the first hole using it to mark my ball :banana:. Have to say I like to red color next to my Bridgestone e6 yellow ball better then my old Footjoy glove marker or a nickel or quarter. I took a picture that I will post soon.

So in conclusion I have to say, it’s a great marker. Does the job well and it help supports a very informative website. So get yours today while supplies last.

PS: After placing my order the package showed up at my door in no time.

Last edited:
LOL i liked the title - its kinda brilliant. I too have used my poker chips on rounds!

I love the size of it - it is massive so if you are moving around looking at lines from all angles - you really cannot lose this. (like i did once last year in the fall, how embarassing - there were leaves in my defense - but i walked to the other side of hole - looked back and did a "where the hell was that" and then walked back and was literally 10 feet away from the original position... it was a big putt tho)

You do need a backup if you are in someones line tho - but shouldnt be a problem.

hehe good review tho!

Great writeup! I got the five pack also, I will give one to my golfing buddies as a present. I will keep my white one as a collectible item. The shipping service is second to none. An outstanding product as you described indeed.

when i fined a purple poker chip i will have a new ball marker!!!

That's funny stuff rrpruett, enjoyed the write up. The THP poker chips rock.

Well done Pruett! I took one out after the first batch arrived and I think someone may have picked it up and put that sucker in their pocket. I agree to all the things you mentioned above and nice review :clapp:

Love the review! That is some good stuff. I do like that it is very easy to find.

Nice review, but I have never been a fan of huge ball markers. The only reason being playing partners, and I would not like to get blamed if they hit the marker or something else happens.

Nice review, but I have never been a fan of huge ball markers. The only reason being playing partners, and I would not like to get blamed if they hit the marker or something else happens.

If your marker is in line with someone in your group, just drop a dine down instead. In non tournament play, you could move it over a putter head or grip length, if it's cool with your foursome.

If your marker is in line with someone in your group, just drop a dine down instead. In non tournament play, you could move it over a putter head or grip length, if it's cool with your foursome.

i agree, all you would have to do is move it over a grip or putter head length like mentioned above. These really make great ball markers and there is no forgetting these on the green like a dime lol

when i fined a purple poker chip i will have a new ball marker!!!

Maybe sometime, but we have white and red right now.

I think many pick them up because they like to support THP and help us continue to be able to have forum testing, contests and more.

I think many pick them up because they like to support THP and help us continue to be able to have forum testing, contests and more.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that lol

Oh, sorry JB, I have nothing against THP and their efforts. I applaud everyone who bought one and helps to keep this site running. I am sorry if you misinterpreted what I was saying. I was speaking in general, and by the way, the design on it looks awesome.

Oh, sorry JB, I have nothing against THP and their efforts. I applaud everyone who bought one and helps to keep this site running. I am sorry if you misinterpreted what I was saying. I was speaking in general, and by the way, the design on it looks awesome.

No worries. Just explaining why some would want to pick one up.

I love the chip but I also don't like to mark with anything that size. Nothing wrong with it, just personal preference. Nothing wrong with having and sharing a opinion.

I played today and used one of my new red ones and one of my playing partners was using one of the green ones that I gave give last time out. I really like the look of the red and it really stands out.

Thanks for the review. Just ordered mine on Friday. Can't wait to use them.

You can do that anytime can't you, I could swear I have seen them do it on the PGA Tour. Didn't DLIII get disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard because he forgot that he did that and just replaced his ball where the marker was instead of moving it back to the original spot?

Well I played today and gave two of my partners one each and they love them. We all use the red ones to mark our balls.

Got mine superfast also. Also canned the first put I used it on. THP mojo is strong!

Well I played today and gave two of my partners one each and they love them. We all use the red ones to mark our balls.

That could prove to cause an issue sooner or later!

Not a fan of the Poker Chip ball markers. Too gaudy for me. ;-)

Not a fan of the Poker Chip ball markers. Too gaudy for me. ;-)

Thank you for those kind words about the THP ball markers. They are more of a collectible and the idea behind it is helping this site and being entered in some limited edition contests.

Back