Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons & THP Testing

how do I get picked for something like this! I'm a die hard taylormade fan... Heck my last name is Taylor... Doesn't get any closer than that.... I may have my last name changed to Taylormade...

how do I get picked for something like this! I'm a die hard taylormade fan... Heck my last name is Taylor... Doesn't get any closer than that.... I may have my last name changed to Taylormade...

Everynow and then, THP will be looking for testers to try out new sets of irons. They will post a signup thread then post away.

I would say it's a "gimme" if you legally change your last name..:D

Hey guys.. I'm a newbie to the site, and want to say that I too am a convert to the 2.0s. Previous irons were titleist 690mbs stiff. For christmas, my mom got me the 2.0s regular flex, and i was so sure i was going to return them and get other stuff. Decided to try them just to confirm how much of a hacker club they were, then it happened...shots felt good, misses were not bad, balls were just flying off the club face and look was not so bad after all. So needless to say, i went off to the side of the range and hit ball after ball, and the more I did.. the more I liked them.. Put them in the bag and have been cleaning up in the skins games here in Texas since..Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be testifying in favor of 2.0s, yet here I am...
Welcome to THP and thanks for sharing that info on the 2.0s. We haven't had too many people chime in that they just don't like these irons so TM definitely has a good one on their hands here!

Look around THP for a few minutes and you'll see that they do seedings like this quite often actually. There are a lot of regular forum members getting picked to test some pretty great equipment.

I know, I'm the black sheep of this thread :crying:
Welcome to THP and thanks for sharing that info on the 2.0s. We haven't had too many people chime in that they just don't like these irons so TM definitely has a good one on their hands here!

it's all I try to do man.
You're a black sheep alright. But really they just didn't work for you, nothing wrong with that. I'm glad you gave your honest feedback!

i have the tour burners and they're amazing. i love those irons.
but these bad boys....oh man, i'd give my left arm to have some of these. i don't care. i'd still love playing them one armed! :golf:

edit: no offense to any one-armed golfers...i know there are some very, very skilled ones out there.

Just pulled the trigger on a set of these bad boys. Found a good deal on ebay for under $500 brand new for 4-AW. I'm sure they wont disappoint.

I can't part with original burners not enough difference to spend the $$$$$.

Same here.
The 2.0's looked and felt a little better, but not $599.00 better than my 09's.
So, I returned them and picked up a Mashie to try out. . .

So it appears I'm going to have to revise my opinions about these irons again. Some zillion pages back I mentioned I tried to hit them after reading the glowing reviews and found them to be wildly inconsistent in my hands no matter what I personally did at the time. Through various fittings and trial/error processes I've found that they didn't work for two reasons. The first was I still had a developing swing and yes, it was my fault. The second is that even now my swing is more set these shafts still don't work with a violent progression, I need the extra weight.

Lo and behold I was talking to a club pro about this and he pulled out one of his own irons for me to try. What an amazing difference from my first experience! According to him it's a hockey player thing to need the extra weight due to a shortening back swing and powerful impact zone motion. Either way, it was a Burner 2.0 with a KBS tour stiff shaft in it that made all the difference. I get that the lofts are jacked but there's something satisfying about cracking a 7 iron 8 yards further then your current set with the same effort. I'm going to see if I can hit one again on a monitor just to see the rest of the numbers but this was a very intriguing discovery for my internal iron ho...

BTW, does anybody know who manufactures the shafts for Taylormade. These seem to be the only truly ultra-light steel shafts that have less that 2* torque (according to TM 1.7* in the stiff). Aerotech i80cw are in the 2.2* range and Nippon's 750GH which are 83gr have 2.1*.....

BTW, does anybody know who manufactures the shafts for Taylormade. These seem to be the only truly ultra-light steel shafts that have less that 2* torque (according to TM 1.7* in the stiff). Aerotech i80cw are in the 2.2* range and Nippon's 750GH which are 83gr have 2.1*.....

99% sure they are made by True Temper for TM

I thought they were Reax shafts myself but not certain.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I thought they were Reax shafts myself but not certain.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I thought this was brought up once and no one was certain who made the shafts.

I received my free 6 iron today. I Will give it a try tomorrow and see how it stacks up against my JPX 800. I tried one when I demoed a few clubs at the shop I purchased the JPX's at.But it will be nice to be able to hit them on the range.

I received my free 6 iron today. I Will give it a try tomorrow and see how it stacks up against my JPX 800. I tried one when I demoed a few clubs at the shop I purchased the JPX's at.But it will be nice to be able to hit them on the range.

I just found out I will be receiving a free 6 iron soon as well. Will definitely be interesting to compare it to my Diablo 6 iron.

My main concern is that my current irons are fitted, +1/4 inch longer and 2 degrees upright. I guess I will be getting a standard length and lie 2.0. Will be interesting to see the difference.

i have the burner 2.0 irons from 6 up to pw, i have ordered the aw and the sw burner 2.0 irons to go with it, however would i be better getting the xft wedges instead. Do the burner 2.0 aw and sw have decent grooves on them to produce decent spin on your shots or should i cancel the order and go forthe xft wedges.

i have the burner 2.0 irons from 6 up to pw, i have ordered the aw and the sw burner 2.0 irons to go with it, however would i be better getting the xft wedges instead. Do the burner 2.0 aw and sw have decent grooves on them to produce decent spin on your shots or should i cancel the order and go forthe xft wedges.

I had the AW and loved it! There are a couple of guys here that have the 2.0`s all the way to LW and can speak more about them.

If you missed my 'essay' earlier I am a scratch golfer who has now put a stock stiff set of 2.0's 4-SW in the bag and the LW is on the way. The AW, SW and LW are as good, and in my case better, than any of the players wedges I own, including the XFTs!

Andre

If you missed my 'essay' earlier I am a scratch golfer who has now put a stock stiff set of 2.0's 4-SW in the bag and the LW is on the way. The AW, SW and LW are as good, and in my case better, than any of the players wedges I own, including the XFTs!

Andre

This post has me confused. Glad to hear the wedges are working out!

From the iPhone.

Update for ya TC.
Yeah I'm likeing the 2.0s, cant wait to play em in temps over 50*. LOL

Back