JPX-800s vs R9s vs X-24s vs TM 2.0s

How fascinating indeed. Different people have different opinions. It's insane.

I hit the 2.0's just fine except for the 9 iron and PW.

I'm sure TC wasn't speaking to insult you...just trying to figure out why you dislike the sets that have helped so many.

Tap before talk.

Anyone hit the Diablo Edge irons? I would stay they fall in same GI range.

How fascinating indeed. Different people have different opinions. It's insane.

I hit the 2.0's just fine except for the 9 iron and PW.

Mr. Sensitive.

Take it easy there Hot List! Now that you divulge more info, s300 shafts, perhaps it makes sense. You're the one who blasted the irons like they were the worst thing since internet golfers.

The stock kbs shafts in the r9's would probably do you wonders, especially as a lower ball hitter.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Anyone hit the Diablo Edge irons? I would stay they fall in same GI range.

There is a review on the home page. In fact there is a review on all of these irons on the home page I believe.

I liked all the irons for very differrnt reasons.

X24's were easy to hit and went a long way. The feel was flush and really made me think twice about callawy irons in a good way.

2.0's, if I were going to pick from a current release set these would be near the top. The stock shaft is light and a bonus to me. Good shots felt crisp an they go. I didnt find them much longer than the x24's on a sim but Id love to do a head to head.

800's were great indoors. Love to take them outside. They felt crisp and I loved the sound of iron on ball. Not a smack but gives the impression im compressing the balls real well. Wasnt keen on these at first either. Need more time with these.

R9's. Its taken me awhile but I struggle to hit these well. Gorgeous irons though. For whatever reason it takes a good warm up session to get a good rythm an even then not sure the stock set up fits me.

Thats some feedback from a midish handicapper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Bob I lost track this thread. What I meant was the club was too much for me at this point. Totally the Indian and not the arrow.

SW FLA: What do you mean over your head?

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

As a lefty the x24's are not available, but hit the new Razr x irons and they knocked out the burner 2.0's and went straight in the bag .
To rate these I found
Razr X
2.0 burners
R9's
800's

I really wanted to like the R9's the most out of all of these because the price came down a lot, but I ended up ballooning both the R9 and the 2.0. Perhaps a shaft change would have worked for me. In the end though, for me it came down to the 800 and the Nike VR Pro Cavity, both of which I was hitting equally long with a solid feel. I actually liked the VR Pro Cavity a little better than the 800 (not by much), but ended up going with the 800 because I'm just a sucker for Mizuno.

I am still considering the 800 Pros, but that opens a whole new can of worms. Because I have heard more than one review or person say just jump to the MP52s instead of the JPX-Pros since the level of forgiveness is not much different. Being a 17 handicap I don't want to buy a set of irons that would make the game more frustrating. I only play the 6-PW irons anyway since I have 3-5 hybrids I use.

My guess would be the level of forgiveness gets more similar the more lofted the club is. For example a JPX-Pro vs MP52 6 iron would have a wider range of forgiveness when compared to similar model PW.

My handicap is in your range, I play the MP52s, and I'm not the worst ballstriker and I can confidently say that they are a poor fit for me. I hit them straight, high but short and they really require that you stay away from hits on the toe. i'll be replacing them before the season begins. I just grabbed an inexpensive new set of x24s as a placeholder while I evaluate various sets.

I hit the JPX and the TM 2.0 both on a monitor and on the range. I hit the TM 2.0 further but my dispersion with the JPX was so much better. It was amazing. Plus I just like the looks of the Mizuno. I had never owned Mizuno before and after a lot of study and comparison I went with the JPX.

I just received a Demo TM 2.0 6 iron and am going to give it a test vs the JPX again tomorrow. My son is looking for some new Irons so he is also going to check both of them out and make a decision.

I've only hit the R9 and Burner 2.0 out of this list. I liked the R9, but the Burner 2.0 is definitely the better club for my game. To date, I haven't hit anything that's felt better. They felt great through impact, gave a nice high trajectory but still plenty of distance. It was just one of those "they just feel right" kinda things.

R9: They felt pretty darn good on impact. Almost to the extent that I couldn't quit hitting them. Dispersion was decent as was distance. Nothing stood out except the way they felt.

X24: I can't do these. I stood over them once in the store and the amount of offset coupled with the thick topline F's with my Feng Shui. I feel like I would send my shots flying waaay left every time! I'm probably missing out on great irons though, knowing my luck...

2.0: Like they say, all you need to know is they're long. That's because they don't want you too know that they aren't very accurate! With the longer shafts and everything else built for distance I think that they forgot to build in some accuracy tech. However, just like the R9 irons, these did feel quite nice. (Could it be the trampoline effect on the iron faces)? Now I love TaylorMade, but I just feel like they should leave the chase for pure all out distance to their woods.

JPX 800: These look and feel fairly nice. Above average distance, dispersion, and forgiveness. These are about a half a step ahead of the R9 irons in every catagory but feel. That's just for me though. Funny for Mizuno huh?

MX300: Sorry, but couldn't leave out my personal sticks!!! Feel is exceptional and when the ball leaves the face I can almost automatically tell where it's landing before the ball ever reaches the peak of flight. Distance is a downer as I'm almost a full club shorter (club and a half vs 2.0) than any of these others. Dispersion is tops for me, and with irons that's my #1 worry, not distance. Now I realize that my irons are fit for me and that I am subjective in all things Mizuno irons related, so take my opinion on this set as you will.

I've had the Miz EZ comp for the last ten years and never really found anything else I wanted to replace them with until I hit the JPX800 Pro's. Buttery soft when you catch them right and much better forgivness than the EZ's. Didn't like the 800's standards that much (as the heads felt a bit big) but once I hit the Pro's I just Knew they were for me.

The burners were pretty good, the MP52's felt more challenging to catch right (this might have been psychological) and although the 800's were slightly lower on distance the confidence they gave and the "I just whacked a lump of cheese" feeling was awesome.

As a 19 handicapper I was a bit worried that they wouldn't give me enough help but 20 rounds or so later and they have been a great. Ball flight is quite high and off centre shots still head the right way without too much loss in distance. I would say they are still firmly in the game improvement range without being too abvious about it.

did anyone here consider the 800 pro version?

I demo'd every one on your list and the 800 Pro's ended up a big winner for me. Once we dialed in the shaft with the shaft optimizer, my dispersion and distance consistency were dramatically improved. The only reason I didn't go with the regular 800s was because of the stronger lofts and offset. If it weren't for the 800 Pro, my ratings would be.....800, 2.0, X-24, & R9. For me, getting the correct shaft has been a huge part of my love for the mizzies!!!

Back