Do Not EVER Say or Type The S-Word. But, It's Okay To Say Hosel Rocket

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
This could go in the Rant thread. But, it might get missed there. So, here it is.

Do not ever say or type the S word. You know, the one that is 5 letters and ends in K. It's bad mojo and golfers don't need that word in the head.

The only other word/phrase I can think of it "hosel rocket".

If you have other words or phrases for the S word, please post them here.

AGREED! though I am guilty of saying that word

I agree. I had the ... skanks today briefly. Its always so scary when it happens too. You wonder if its just one shot or will it continue. Will I have to take a lesson to get rid of it? Did I stand too close or maybe the damn hosel just got in the way. I admit I love when I see a pro do it on TV.

I saw earlier today there was someone who had the s words and I avoided that thread like the plague because I was playing today. You can't say that.

El Hosel
The Laterals
left turn at albequrque.

Haha. Hosel rocket is what I sometimes say. Funny story....My wife's boss is a big golfer. They just hired a new employee who's last name happens to be S--nks. He told my wife she cannot call the new hire by her last name starting April 1st. She has to refer to her as Ms. S.

Typically when this happens at the range, I lie to my friends and say, "whoops, didn't mean to hit it!"

Tap before talk.

Haha. Hosel rocket is what I sometimes say. Funny story....My wife's boss is a big golfer. They just hired a new employee who's last name happens to be S--nks. He told my wife she cannot call the new hire by her last name starting April 1st. She has to refer to her as Ms. S.

That's awesome! I love when golf superstition pours over into routine life!

Tap before talk.

I usually say hosel rocket but slipped up today and said the S word in that thread earlier. O well, probably wont be the last time I say it. Just comes out from time to time.

My favorite word starts with s and ends in a-n-k,

My favorite word is skank what did you think I'd say?

Old elementary school stuff.

Used to be OneTs username. He jinxed himself. He's clear of that now, and hits the ball like a champion.

From the iPhone.

This could go in the Rant thread. But, it might get missed there. So, here it is.

Do not ever say or type the S word. You know, the one that is 5 letters and ends in K. It's bad mojo and golfers don't need that word in the head.

The only other word/phrase I can think of it "hosel rocket".

If you have other words or phrases for the S word, please post them here.

+2. I agree to not only never saying the word, I even refuse to open and read any threads here that have the word in the title.....

Last edited:
I saw that "other" thread title on the Forum homepage earlier today and immediately slapped my laptop shut.

We are pretty direct when we see a "hosel rocket"

Someone usually just says..."you Suck" and then laughs along with everyone else..

The secondary phrase would be, "You haven't had enough to drink yet....Take a shot of this and you wont hit another one of those all day"
:act-up:

I'm with you, hate the word and don't even like reading it. Won't read a thread with it in the title.

Sorry guys I’m the guilty party of starting that thread. I did not realize it was such a bad word. I realize how it can bring fear and trembling to all of us. Ill change the thread name right away.
Once again sorry , My bad.

I prefer Sherman Tank

Sorry guys I’m the guilty party of starting that thread. I did not realize it was such a bad word. I realize how it can bring fear and trembling to all of us. Ill change the thread name right away.
Once again sorry , My bad.

No harm done. I've been thinking that JB and GG should add it to the list of bad words that get automatically filtered, just so this type of thing doesn't happen again!

I guess as of this week we can call it a "Slocum" or say "I Heath'ed It".

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsSSSSSSSSSSword! Hehe

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Lol, when I was getting fitted, the pro gave me some tips. He was saying 'and that can lead to the dreaded s word'. My parents, not knowing what this meant, thought I had been swearing violently on course.

The S-Word is all mental boys come on!

I think the S-word is kinda like standing on the tee saying "dont hook this outta bounds" and what do you do? lol

Back