TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

JB's posts sounds like he is full of chocolate. I'm playing with another lefty today who has the R11, and I plan to hit it on a few holes.

Most Tour Issues in past years have a "T" at the beginning of the serial number.

ya i know that but i was thinking it might of been different with the R11 lol, guess im trying to talk myself into having something special, i sent pics and forwarded the email from TM to the store and they said they would talk to TM on monday and let me know, i told them if there isnt anything wrong with besides the extra serial number i want to keep it instead of the hassle of driving a hour to a store and possibly not even getting it replaced while im there.

i tryed calling and it said they are closed, im wondering if i got a proto or tour version, kinda weird it came straight from TM and they tell me im not supose to have one with a serial there.

Before you exchange it find out what it is first. I'm curious to see what you got.

Before you exchange it find out what it is first. I'm curious to see what you got.

i will, i want to know also

R11+Aldila Rip Beta=Holy Crap! :joy:

Well Son of a Gun!!! I got to demo a R11 fairway wood today. What a wonderful feeling club .... I'm in love!!!! I was looking for the 14 degree model so I could drop it down to 13 dergrees to fill in the gap between my 17 degree rescue and my R11 driver. Being Golf Town all they carry instock are the clubs for the masses. So I decided to give the 15 degree 3 wood a go with the Blur stiff shaft. Well now what a beauty!!!! It sets up so nice to my eye and screams smash that little white ball down the pipe big fella!!!! Well I did just that!! I was murdering this thing ....average of 270 to 280yrds to a max of 292 straight down the pipe!!!! I was like WTH???? And that was off the carpet ..lololol So needless to say I have one coming in with the 14 degree head and the x-flex shaft. Lovin this R11 stuff!!!

Well Son of a Gun!!! I got to demo a R11 fairway wood today. What a wonderful feeling club .... I'm in love!!!! I was looking for the 14 degree model so I could drop it down to 13 dergrees to fill in the gap between my 17 degree rescue and my R11 driver. Being Golf Town all they carry instock are the clubs for the masses. So I decided to give the 15 degree 3 wood a go with the Blur stiff shaft. Well now what a beauty!!!! It sets up so nice to my eye and screams smash that little white ball down the pipe big fella!!!! Well I did just that!! I was murdering this thing ....average of 270 to 280yrds to a max of 292 straight down the pipe!!!! I was like WTH???? And that was off the carpet ..lololol So needless to say I have one coming in with the 14 degree head and the x-flex shaft. Lovin this R11 stuff!!!

Sounds like a great find for you. Still waiting for Golf Galaxy or Dick's to get the fairway woods in. I think they're due this weekend. Can't wait to hit them.

Sounds like a great find for you. Still waiting for Golf Galaxy or Dick's to get the fairway woods in. I think they're due this weekend. Can't wait to hit them.

I would think they would have them soon especially if us Canucks already have them instore!!!! I hope you get to try them out soon they are soooo nice!!! Well at least I think so ..lolol

Cheers!!

I think the R11 woods are do this week. I got a flier in the mail today about them from golf galaxy.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

My R11 3-wood is due to ship this week. GPP has a release date of 3/11.

Played my 2nd and 3rd rounds with the R11 this weekend....74 and 78 rounds. This club is so solid off the tee! My misses are 10-15yds left or right, which puts me in the light ruff. When struck solid, there is no better feel. Even the guys on the tee box notice right off the bat when you strike it well. I still can't get over the sound this club makes on the ball. It is so crisp and solid......it is unlike any other driver I've ever hit. Distance is great but my accuracy has gone up 50% from the old Callaway FT9. Needless to say, still very happy with this club and can't wait for the new forged irons to come out in the next couple of weeks! I will be buying if they perform as well as these new woods!

P.S. I ordered my R11 3wood weeks ago and they said in an email 2 days ago that it was shipping on March 15th...FYI to those awaiting the fairway wood release.

I'm going to be putting this driver up against my 910 D2 in a little battle royale. I'll be getting the Fubuki Alpha in the R11. Can't wait to see who prevails!

Nice CL! I believe I'm taking the plunge into R11 land as well. The adjustability features just have me intrigued.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Nice CL! I believe I'm taking the plunge into R11 land as well. The adjustability features just have me intrigued.

the adjustability is just awesome. now only if i could get one to keep lol

Me too TC! Plus I have been dying to try the Fubuki Alpha for a while. Should be getting it soon. It will have to be a beast as the 910 has been treating me very well.

Lots of R11 love going on in here. Interesting.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Stick with the 910 bucko

Lol I have to keep the 910 on it's toes. A nervous 910 will not get lackadaisical.

Stick with the 910 bucko

Why?

I found them both to be very similar drivers in terms of performance and one might match up a little better on the numbers.

I have a demo day coming up at Golf Galaxy. I'm definitely going so I can hit them both!! If all goes well I will be walking out with the new R11 Driver and Fairway wood. So, I can start my new complete set... LOL

I can't wait to see how the R11 matches up to my R9. I have been crushing the R9 lately, but I think the R11 will beat it out.

We know you love this driver already haha. Hopefully your hitting experiences matches your expectations.

I have a demo day coming up at Golf Galaxy. I'm definitely going so I can hit them both!! If all goes well I will be walking out with the new R11 Driver and Fairway wood. So, I can start my new complete set... LOL

I'd be interested in this as well. Thought the R9 had a great feel/sound to it. The adjustability and shaft options really intrigue me.

I can't wait to see how the R11 matches up to my R9. I have been crushing the R9 lately, but I think the R11 will beat it out.

I have one I'm going to be trying out. I really liked the way I hit it during my visit to THP headquarters, so I want more. I have a PX 7 coming in mine. I also have a special tour shaft from PX coming to hit along side the standard. Will be getting launch monitor data for comparison.

Hoping to get a 3 wood soon. I have special shaft for that club as well.

I have one I'm going to be trying out. I really liked the way I hit it during my visit to THP headquarters, so I want more. I have a PX 7 coming in mine. I also have a special tour shaft from PX coming to hit along side the standard. Will be getting launch monitor data for comparison.

Hoping to get a 3 wood soon. I have special shaft for that club as well.

Hey biggsy did you order the PX straight through PX with R11 graphics, im wondering where to get one of the tour shafts with R11 graphics

Back