What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 84, 12 over in the wind and rain. Should have probably quit after 9 and would have if I was smarter.

Shot a 43 through 9 yesterday, not that good but I'd been sick for two weeks and hadn't touched a club the whole time!

I Didn't i went to the driving range instead a lot cheaper then a round at Sevillano links in Corning a John Daily Course

83 However i did not hit many good shots. had a good day putting but my iron play was total crap. got teh shanks right before i teed off. Made lots of puts and scored well but it was ugly. 41-42

I shot a 103 on a simulator today, its better than my 130 last week.

Even par 72. Had a good look at bird on the last and didn't play enough break. Also my first time playing Z-Star Tour Yellow ball!

I went out and played 9 and shot a 47. I am really struggling with the driver, I have a seroius love hate relationship going on with it today. I hit it four times and found the fairway once, two really big slices and one big hook. My irons were spotty today, I really struggled with distances. My long irons were too long and my short irons were two short. My putter really saved my bacon today. I had 14 putts YEAH!! One three putt, three two putts and 5 one putts. All of my one putts were up and downs to save bogey or par. My ball striking today really has me looing forward to trying out the compression board!

100. Had some good shots and some bad. It is really hard playing approach shots without pins. I hope they put them in tomorrow.

I shot 98 today. I played from the mens tees with Darren (my husband). I've been doing that once in a while for fun and a challenge. Plus then I get to hit driver on all the par 4 & 5 which I can't do from the forward/ladies tees. I had too many penalty shots, and I didn't putt well. Darren beat me soundly with an 82. I did hit my new used driver well, and my wedge play was decent.

We played at one of our home courses, the Classic course at Suntree CC. (we are lucky to have 36 holes at our club). It was a fun afternoon.

I shot a 60 today. In a 4 man scramble :)

Golfed thrice this week. First times out this year, so there was some rust to shake.

Mon - 95 on Wailea Emerald... Found the damn sand on every hole I think

Wed - 89 on The Dunes @ Maui Lani... Incredible terrain! Scottish style links in a rainforest setting. Got a pantload full of thorns looking for my ball on the third hole, which made for some touchy swinging until I got all the burrs out of my socks and undies :embarrassed:

Fri - 82 on Wailea Old Blue... easy course, which was a nice way to finish up the week. Great views.

I kept legit scores and played by the rules... which is tough to do with my father in tow. He'll try to kick your ball back into the fairway for you, and will try to stop your putts from rolling long when he's tending the flagstick. Crazy old man.

89 from the Black tees (6700ish) @ Cannon Ridge. Wind was blowing pretty good. Swing was pretty pathetic. Only 4 GiR's and 33 putts. Definitely going to put in some range time this week.

brother came to town
i shot a 106 to his 101
no matter how low we get our hcps we always have terrible rounds against each other
its like every shot is a driving contest and we swing out of our shoes hahaha
had the slices off the tee and the hooks with everything else
the only thing really good today was putting... no 3 putts... lots of one putts
i flew like 5 greens with clubs im normally short with just for bragging rights hahaha
i crushed a 4w from 280 out and flew the green... so much for laying up on that baby
i only hit 2 greens today for my only 2 pars
if it werent for a snowman and a tin cup hole i woulda beat him and broken 100 hahaha

Played 6 holes at my par 3 course (played the 3 twice). Very windy. Shot -1. 1 birdie and 5 pars and had some makeable putts I missed. Hit every green. Short game is coming along.

All I can say is.....wow, there are a ton of bunkers on that course! The Golden Horse Shoe Green Course in Williamsburg that is. At least I didn't have any issues getting out, but the real problem was when I didn't quite get in them. Ball hanging on the lip of a fairway bunker either way below my feet or up near my waste as I stood in a bunker. Some tough shots today that I've never had or thought of trying to hit before. Really nice course and I think it plays even tougher than it's sister The Gold Course. The scoring wasn't great but I scrambled alot and finished with an 86. 42 out 44 back. I highly recommend playing this course in about three weeks. They are punching their greens next weekend.

Bad day. hit the ball Ok just no luck. 89. 46/43. 3 lost balls. Try again tomorrow.

What the hell, russ? You keep talking about what a short hitter you are... damn son!

lol... it was a crazy shot... im just wondering why my driver doesnt go past 200? hahaha

Shot an 84 on Friday with a couple of guys working swing shifts with me.. 41/43
I put my FT-IZ away this round and pulled out the trusty FT-5
Hit 11/14 fairways
9 Pars, 6 Bogeys, 3 Doubles
My chipping saved me as much as my putting failed me....

Going to Seemore on Monday for a fitting as my putting has been suspect over the past few years...

Played 1st round since 12/24, at Scotland Run here in NJ. Started out not too bad for such a long lay off shot 46 on the front had visions of high 80's low 90's but fell apart on the back with a 56 for a 102!!!!

Trouble started on 9 a 205yd or so par 3, had a very strong wind that was into us and left to right, pin was all the way on right side of a very wide green, the tee is very elevated to begin with so didn't want to get anything up to high otherwise it would just die in the wind and get pushed way right.

Tied to get cute and choke down on driver, play the ball back in my stance and take a short swing with abbreviated follow thru, a driver stinger if you will.

Well i almost pulled it off perfectly ball start off low and left the wind was bringing it back right, everyone in group was saying great shot. ball hit green rolled past hole off green and into a bunker leaving me extremely shot sided, end up with 5.

The weird thing is trying to play that quick little punch shot seemed to mess up my swing, timing wise or sequence wise for the rest of the round, I had been driving pretty well on the front but on the back it was big looping hooks all day, except on a couple holes where that would have helped then I hit a big looping slice.I actually hit the crane to the left of 10 for those that know the course

trying to get cute on that 9th hole really seemed to mess me up, should have just taken my medicine on that hole came up short and chipped and putted....

I finally hit a straight drive on 18, it ended up catching a fw bunker but I was just happy it was straight, hopefully I got whatever it was out of my system...

Weird round yesterday, played terrible on the front 9, just couldn`t figure out my swing. Realize what I`m doing to start the back nine and shoot a great score. 49 front 38 back 87, but it could have been a good round.

Weird round yesterday, played terrible on the front 9, just couldn`t figure out my swing. Realize what I`m doing to start the back nine and shoot a great score. 49 front 38 back 87, but it could have been a good round.

Nice back 9 breeze. Hopefully that carries over to next round.

Nice back 9 breeze. Hopefully that carries over to next round.

Thanks Dent, it was an easy fix that I should have figured out after the first hole, but I was playing with some really bad and really slow players and they were getting me mad with there play. I don`t care how good or bad you are but you can at the very least play quickly. I wasn`t keeping my arms and body connected and getting really armsy with my swing causing for me, big pull hooks.

Thanks Dent, it was an easy fix that I should have figured out after the first hole, but I was playing with some really bad and really slow players and they were getting me mad with there play. I don`t care how good or bad you are but you can at the very least play quickly. I wasn`t keeping my arms and body connected and getting really armsy with my swing causing for me, big pull hooks.
oh man its frustrating playing with guys like that... takes you completely out of your game and ppl behind you think theyre your buddies

Shot 93 this am. Played my other home course, the Challenge, with Darren again. I played the ladies tees today and just blew up on the back 9. After a couple bad holes I had trouble keeping my concentration. Then the 3 club wind started blowing about hole 14 which didn't help my brain work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back