Golf Channel and NBC

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
I am really liking how NBC Sports has teamed up with the golf channel for this year. The coverage is great and I like the announcers and everything. I really like how you do not have to wait till 3 or 4oclock to start watching a little golf.

I am really liking how NBC Sports has teamed up with the golf channel for this year. The coverage is great and I like the announcers and everything. I really like how you do not have to wait till 3 or 4oclock to start watching a little golf.

Now if they could just lose Johnny Miller

Its a good team effort and I like it so far. I`m not the biggest Miller fan but it is what it is. Sometimes he is quite insightful other teams seems to critize just to be negative. Anyway they just need to show more golf and less of the other stuff. Lets be honest, the only people watching golf on tv are true golf fans, not the casual sports fan. We just want to see golf, period.

now that NBC Universal is owned by Comcast, its alot easier for them to team up with Golf Channel (also owned by Comcast). That's why you see so many NBC folks on GC Morning Drive (Al Michaels, Bob Costas, etc).

Now if they could just lose Johnny Miller

Man I really like Miller. I find him to be insightful and he will criticize players when they should be.

I like how Miller just speaks his mind. It would be very boring if he wasn't on the telecast.

I like how Miller just speaks his mind. It would be very boring if he wasn't on the telecast.

Miller doesn't bother me either. He does spice things up a bit.

Earlier in the season some of the coverage was down-right awful. The past few weeks have been getting better and better. I also watched the WGC Match-Play online last week at work and that was even fun, even though they were only featuring two par 3's.

I don’t like the partnership and here why. I have direct TV and I can’t get the NBC feed in HD. Its purely selfish. So I go from watching Golf Channel in cool HDTV to an analog signal where you can barely see the ball. It sucks. Sometimes I wait to see the NBC feed rerun at night on GC just to watch it in HD.

Other than that I like the fact that they teamed up. I am not a big miller fan and like the GC commentators better.

I don’t like the partnership and here why. I have direct TV and I can’t get the NBC feed in HD. Its purely selfish. So I go from watching Golf Channel in cool HDTV to an analog signal where you can barely see the ball. It sucks. Sometimes I wait to see the NBC feed rerun at night on GC just to watch it in HD.

Other than that I like the fact that they teamed up. I am not a big miller fan and like the GC commentators better.

You cant? We have D* and get it in HD. It must be a local area thing. Have you inquired about the national HD feed then?

I get local NBC channel in HD on DirecTV as well.

That's bizarre, I would def contact your provider to get that sorted out. All sports are 10X better in HD, I'd be PO'd.

I agree. I love it when they just say what they are thinking.

You cant? We have D* and get it in HD. It must be a local area thing. Have you inquired about the national HD feed then?

Its a local thing. I have contacted them and they say that our local provider does not have a contract or something. I could put up HDTV rabbit ears and get it but its not that great. I do get ABC and CBS in HDTV but not NBC or Fox.

Its a local thing. I have contacted them and they say that our local provider does not have a contract or something. I could put up HDTV rabbit ears and get it but its not that great. I do get ABC and CBS in HDTV but not NBC or Fox.

A small outdoor antenne would solve your problem. You could most likely get one for under $100.

I agree I am definatley loving the new partnership. Old Johnny Miller is one of my favorite announcers IMO if I could drop anyone from the announcers booth I would drop Tillman. Im just really not a fan of her mellowdramatics. Not sure if thats one word or two but you know what Im saying.

Man I really like Miller. I find him to be insightful and he will criticize players when they should be.

+2. I like Johnny as well. I hate a butt kisser and Johnny is far from being one unlike some of the others.

I have all PGA events set to record on the DVR on the Golf Channel but just realized that I need to record NBC as well if I want to watch the final round and the end of the tournaments. Ooopsie :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get local NBC channel in HD on DirecTV as well.

Same here! We just switched to HD TVs for all of our TVs at home and you can see the grain in the grass. It's just so much better in HD!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back