Clamfist - wondering if you've hit your remodeled driver yet and how the skin is holding up. Does it scratch easily? Have you skied any drives and if so, how did the skin hold up?

I took out the "new" driver today. I hit a large bucket of balls in 35* weather. The skin held up great. I didn't sky the ball this time. The graphic did not bother me at all. It really did make me feel like I had a brand new club. I think it will be very durable. The sample one they gave me was hard to scratch and almost impossible to tear.

I'll order a completely white one. Insta-R11!

Exact opposite for me - buy an R11 and a solid black skin - instant black R11. :)

I'll have to check these out. A great way to bring a little fun to your bag.

Neat idea, I somehow don't think this would stick too well to my Lambo styled driver though.

Fairway, you might want to try re-sizing the images in your signature.

Neat idea, I somehow don't think this would stick too well to my Lambo styled driver though.

holy moly hahaha

lmao,I thought those were his ideas for some skins

Quick update. The skin is holding up great after several trips to the driving range and about 6 full rounds.

Quick update. The skin is holding up great after several trips to the driving range and about 6 full rounds.

awesome, thats good to hear for anybody wanting to pimp out their driver

Are these skins approved by the USGA? Just wondering. I know there are many players now using "putter tape" to protect the face & sole of their putters from finish wear and there is some question as to whether it is legal.
I can provide a copy of a letter a friend sent to the USGA about the putter tape and their response. They more or less said they have not tested it as of yet.

Are these skins approved by the USGA? Just wondering. I know there are many players now using "putter tape" to protect the face & sole of their putters from finish wear and there is some question as to whether it is legal.
I can provide a copy of a letter a friend sent to the USGA about the putter tape and their response. They more or less said they have not tested it as of yet.

it in no way affects performance so i dont see how it would not be approved, my guess is they havent tested it and that would be the only reason why it would not be approved.

it in no way affects performance so i dont see how it would not be approved, my guess is they havent tested it and that would be the only reason why it would not be approved.

It changes the characteristics of the golf club.

From the iPhone.

How do these things stick? Are they permanent? If they can be removed and re-used, it would not be legal I don't think.
Lead tape, for example is legal because it is considered permanent by the USGA.

You can peel them off with no residue, but they can not be reused. I have no idea what the usga thinks.

Edit: USGA approved!

How do these things stick? Are they permanent? If they can be removed and re-used, it would not be legal I don't think.
Lead tape, for example is legal because it is considered permanent by the USGA.

the USGA considers lead tape permanent? lead tape is easly removed. Im asking because i really dont know lol

I just showed the image of the original post to my wife and she said it was cute and I should order one with a squirrel!

Neat concept - seen various wraps used in other applications but can honestly say that I never thought about doing this!

You can peel them off with no residue, but they can not be reused. I have no idea what the usga thinks.

Edit: USGA approved!

Mystery solved.

To the USGA;

Dear sirs;
There is a product called PutterTape. It is sold here and you can see more information about it here also:
http://www.puttertape.com/

It is a thin clear piece of adhesive plastic designed to protect the sole of the putter from damage caused by chemicals, sand and other debris on the green. It does not change the playability of the club. It really is not any different than putting adhesive backed lead tape on the sole of the putter.

Can you tell me if using PutterTape would be a violation of the rules?

Thank you,
XXXXXX

From the USGA;

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxxxx,

I apologize for my delayed response.

Provided that the tape is considered semi-permanent, durable and not easily removable, it may be a permissible external attachment (see Rule 1a, Appendix II of the Rules of Golf and the corresponding guideline in A Guide to the Rules on Clubs and Balls which are both available on our website). As a general guide, if the tape can be easily removed and re-used, or if the integrity of the tape is not destroyed upon removal, it does not likely meet the criteria for being a permissible attachment (please note that it may not be applied to the club face).

We have evaluated a similar product for the crown of the clubhead which is permitted under the Rules of Golf. However, the product has not been submitted to the USGA for evaluation and, we can’t determine the nature of the adhesive bond of this particular product, I can’t comment regarding whether or not it conforms to the Rules of Golf.

Thanks for your inquiry.

J. Carter Rich
Manager, Equipment Standards

United States Golf Association
P.O. Box 708, 77 Liberty Corner Road
Far Hills, NJ 07931
www.usga.org
jcrich@usga.org

I would guess these skins would fall into the explanation in the second paragraph.

the USGA considers lead tape permanent? lead tape is easly removed. Im asking because i really dont know lol

That is what is stated in the decisions book.

I am thinking of ordering another one of the skins. I keep thinking I would like something orange and white for UT.

Every time I see the title of this thread I click on it thinking it's in reference to a big money skins game. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonder if they do nfl team logos or would that be a copy right violation thing? id love a chargers skin

cf is it still holding up? How many rounds do you think you have on it now? I have been thinking about putting one on my R-11, I have not sky marked it and have been thinking if I should sky one that white crown will probably look pretty crappy.

cf is it still holding up? How many rounds do you think you have on it now? I have been thinking about putting one on my R-11, I have not sky marked it and have been thinking if I should sky one that white crown will probably look pretty crappy.

Still holding up wonderfully

Back