Slammin'SAM

Never a flatbelly
Reaction score
Handicap
Rare play
Okay, it is official, I am now getting Masters Fever. I got an email today confirming that Mrs SAM and I have Monday practice round tix, and tho Monday isn't my favorite practice round day (Tuesday is), it is still really cool to go then. The course will be pristine and the souveneir stands will be full of merchandise, and plenty of golfers will be out even if El Tigre and Phil skip the day.

Have a great time!

Have fun SS, I'm like you Tuesday practice round is my favorite day at The Masters, I used to go all of the time back when you just walked up on practice round days and paid your $10 to get in. Haven't been to the actual tournament in about 4 years myself now and I can attest, there is nothing like it anywhere.

I know how you feel. I may be going to the Regions this year, and I am freakin stoked!

I know I have Masters fever! Great event of course but for me it also means winter is over, spring is here and I can play golf!

Have a great time!

Masters Fever hit me last Wednesday when I realized it was only five weeks away. I pointed this out to my wife and her exact words were "I was wondering when the countdown would begin." I don't have any access to tickets anymore, but thrilled for any of you that do...nothing like it.

I am really wanting to go at least one time in my life. That tourney generates so much electricity even on TV. Being there must be unbelievable. I guess the other thing I would love to do would be Ryder Cup. I think if God said OK, I will grant you tickets to one of them it would be the Masters.

I'm totally getting the shakes and possible fever. I look forward to the Masters more than any other sporting event.

I love the Masters! I have attended the tournament several times as I spent 13 years in Augusta. Lived on Washington Road a mile down from the main gate. My landlord had two season tickets to the tournament that had been in her family for ever. Her only child a daughter lived in Athens, Ga and rarely used the passes. I was in golf heaven and watched all the oldies such as Jack Nicklaus, Tom weiskopf, Johnny Miller, Tom Watson, Lanny Watson, Ben Crenshaw, Tom Kite, and many more of that generation, come through Magnolia Lane :thumb:

Oh and one more thing! Masters Time means THP Outing time is closer in WPB!

I am really wanting to go at least one time in my life. That tourney generates so much electricity even on TV. Being there must be unbelievable. I guess the other thing I would love to do would be Ryder Cup. I think if God said OK, I will grant you tickets to one of them it would be the Masters.
I haven't been to a Ryder Cup, but I can attest that being at Augusta National is akin to a religious experience, TV does not do it justice. You really don't have to believe me, I am sure others will tell you the same thing.

I'm going on Wednesday! Can't wait!

I love the Masters! I have attended the tournament several times as I spent 13 years in Augusta. Lived on Washington Road a mile down from the main gate. My landlord had two season tickets to the tournament that had been in her family for ever. Her only child a daughter lived in Athens, Ga and rarely used the passes. I was in golf heaven and watched all the oldies such as Jack Nicklaus, Tom weiskopf, Johnny Miller, Tom Watson, Lanny Watson, Ben Crenshaw, Tom Kite, and many more of that generation, come through Magnolia Lane :thumb:

Oh and one more thing! Masters Time means THP Outing time is closer in WPB!

Wow Gray, that sounds amazing. I really hope I get the chance to make it to Augusta at some point in my life. I am definitely stoked for the Master's.

Have fun SS! It is on my bucket list to go one day. Will you share some pics from your visit?

Wow you are so lucky. I would love to go see the Masters on any day some year. Ive been telling my sons what a great tournament this is and that it is so fun to watch on TV. They did not start playing golf until last summer and they now love to watch it on TV so they do not know what its like to watch it. I want to get the new Tiger Woods masters game before April so we can play it before the tournament.
Have fun.

I cant wait, im expecting a great tourney this year, just like every year

i got my email from PGA about Ryder Cup next year in Medinah (Chicago) ... its about 5 hrs from me and Im in the ticket lottery. If I get the chance Im buying sat and sunday tickets and gonna get busy on singles sunday

If this is another version of spring fever I know exactly what you mean. Golf, Masters, and most important for me, schools getting closer to being out! It's hard to concentrate when you smell that sweet spring air through a classroom window. :joy:

Sam that is awesome just to see golf at such an awesome venue. Hope you have a great time. Would love to someday check this off my bucket list.

Yep, defo looking forward to it. The Masters in HD is one of my favourite things to watch on TV.

I really like that the masters is streamed online, great for watching it anywhere.

Very much looking forward to it. I'll be there Monday, and will likely attend a couple of days during the tournament as well. My grandfather gets six badges every year.

I love the Masters because it falls right around my birthday every year. Its always nice to spend the b-day weekend out on the course and watching the masters tournament. If I ever have the chance I'll definitely buy myself a birthday present and get tickets.

Masters Fever is here already and I love it!!!!

I think there's something special about the fact it's done at the same course every year. It adds a little more to an already special magical course. Plus it allows to the watchers to get familiar to with the course and remember special moments better. How many magical moments have we seen on 16 (Tiger's chip, Jack's shot in 1986, Norman choking it into water to let Faldo pass through)? And that's just one hole!!

Yep, defo looking forward to it. The Masters in HD is one of my favourite things to watch on TV.

Oh yeah, this is my first year watching it in HD....and 3D! Although I'm not sure how that will go.

I LOVE The Masters, since it coincides nicely with the start of our golfing season here. Just the right time to whip up some excitement, and show us who is going to be worth watching this year! :D

Back