what part of your game are you working on?

With winter still hanging on, I'm just working on putting right now inside.

My driving. I got my irons to be consistently ok, but I just developed a huge slice off of the tee. Until I can get rid of this slice, I'm using the 3 wood.

Releasing the club properly which is annoyingly challanging to do properly for some reason...

approach shots are just killing me so im working on mid irons... im missing way too many greens

I am working on my mental game. Trying to stay level headed and composed throughout the round. Accept the bad shots and remember the good shots.

I'm working on my short game. Trying to fix all the bad chipping and pitch shots. Want to be more consistent from 100 and in. That includes putting too.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Chipping

I can't hit a GW or SW as my approach shot. Hosel rockets all day. Working on that. Considering taking a hybrid and cutting the shaft down lol.

Same here OEM. My short game shows up for a few holes then disappears for several and may come and go rest of round. I need some practice time. Been working on 50 yard shots and was getting better but didnt keep up my practice. Been striking short irons on full shots fairly well lately, it is just the short chips that I keep blowing past the hole. My biggest issue seems to be when I am just off the green with a the flag in front. I normally end up 5 to 8 feet past the hole. Gotta work on those for sure.

Thats a good idea. Just shorten the length of the shot. I get in trouble when I try to take half swings and what not. Messes up my "tempo" but Ill definitely work on it at the range!

Try a PW or 8 iron

Since my back has been pretty much out for a few weeks, I have been working on putting. I took a lesson and have been practicing my new grip and focusing on a good stroke. Results are promising. Just need to learn to read greens better.

I also read the book "Your 15th Club" a few weeks ago and am doing some of the things it recommends to sharpen your mental game. I am convinced that my mental game is what is holding me back the most.

Thats a good idea. Just shorten the length of the shot. I get in trouble when I try to take half swings and what not. Messes up my "tempo" but Ill definitely work on it at the range!

I am trying to do as many shots in the pitching/chipping area with my PW as much as possible in effort to simplfy things in my mind.

Could be a blessing in disguise KB! Sorry to hear your back is still giving you issues. You'll be killing PGA National and those greens though.

Since my back has been pretty much out for a few weeks, I have been working on putting. I took a lesson and have been practicing my new grip and focusing on a good stroke. Results are promising. Just need to learn to read greens better.

I also read the book "Your 15th Club" a few weeks ago and am doing some of the things it recommends to sharpen your mental game. I am convinced that my mental game is what is holding me back the most.

As I am learning these last few weeks and I know you know from our conversations KB, a good mental outlook ad focus can do wonders.

Consistency, consistency, consistency. My shots have too much shape to the, and I just wish I can hit a straight ball consistently. Most of the time, I have a natural draw, but it is very unpredictable and either turns into a hook or I block it out to the right.

Also, I am working on chipping. I am so mentally weak when it comes to chipping. I understand the techniques but have such a mental block.:banghead:

Mental approach. Specifically, what I think about pre and post-shots, as well as what my attitude and view of myself is.

Last year (2nd yr playing) I had the worst slice with my driver/3Wood. I read a lot and watched tons of golf fix videos online and on GC. I don't get out as much as one should or want with 2 small kids at home. But, all the research paid off and I was able to work out my "out to in" swing path with my driver and I now am able to shape a draw or fade and can get it straight most of the time I try.
This year (3rd yr), my biggest area of improvement is consistent contact with my irons and wedges. My biggest problem is hitting fat shots. I have tried everything I can think of from moving the ball back in my stance (causes me to push to the right), my arm position at address, and leaning the shaft forward at impact. With the season right around the corner (warmer weather, from southern NJ), I can't wait to get out and practice on the course.

I just had a huge breakthrough on the downstairs putting green. The only problem is it was with a lefty putter. It feels so much more natural than righty putting.

From the iPhone.

currently the part where I buy tons of golf crap - clubs, clothes, balls etc. Then stare at them while the snow melts...... lots of melting today though!

I just had a huge breakthrough on the downstairs putting green. The only problem is it was with a lefty putter. It feels so much more natural than righty putting.

From the iPhone.

i know a few guys that putt switch and theyre pretty good at it
heck i know a guy with those old bullseyes that putts left and right depending on the break

Working on a flatter, one-plane swing. Also coming more inside out rather than OTT.

I am not for sure yet, I am getting ready to start some lessons so I will wait and see what my instructor has to say.

keeping my draw swing and now trying to get my fade back. All winter I worked on getting rid of my constant fade and finally got it with my driver and my irons so now I just need to develop my fade back for the summer tourneys.

Back