2011 Bridgestone E6 Review

I think this is the straightest ball I have ever hit. Had to work to really get any movement out of it of the tee or from the fairway. This is a great ball to use if you're having trouble with too much right or left, maybe the best ball.

I liked last years model. Any noticeable difference besides the dual dimple?

I started playing this ball a few weeks ago and sadly it might replace my Nike Crush. The ball has great control and the lack of side spin helps a little bit if I hit a bad slice. It's great off the tee and solid around the greens. The price aint to bad either. It took me a while to warm up to the yellow ball pack I bought, but by the end of my round I didn't care what color the ball was. Great ball!

I agree with you on the looks of the dual dimple, but you're right that they really aren't visible unless you're holding the ball in your hand looking at it. I'm glad you like the e6, how was the green side spin and overall iron spin with it? Probably not the best course conditions to be able to tell, but just wondering if you could get a feel for that.

Thanks!

Well, as far as greenside spin, I just can't say. The temp "greens" are really just a closely mown chunk of fairway. As for the iron spin, I was pretty impressed. Now, keep in mind that the course was wet, but I was seeing a ball mark just inches away from my scoring iron and wedges shots. Basically, they were stopping dead. My guess is that I'd see a bit more roll on a firmer/tighter surface, but the iron spin is no different than what I've seen in damper conditions in the past.

I liked last years model. Any noticeable difference besides the dual dimple?

So far, I don't think I can give a good judgement of that. I found that the ball launched very high for me and seemed to hold it's line pretty well. I can think of a couple shots I hit that would have been real trouble with a spinnier ball. I will say that the one thing I'm noticing is the difference in sound and feel. The 2011 seems to have a slightly lower toned sound when struck and seems softer off of the putter and irons/wedges so far. As I play more, I'll be sure to give you my thoughts on 2010 vs 2011.

Played exclusively with the 2011 e6 today. I'm still having a hard time with giving some 100% concrete differences from the 2010 version, but I do see a couple. I've mentioned the somewhat more muted sound and soft feel already. I'm also beginning to notice that this ball does launch very high for me and I'm loving it. I hit a few drives today were on the upper limits of my typical ball flight. I can't say much about roll-out because the fairways are shaggy and soft right now, but I hope to get some more info on that soon. Durability is typical of this ball in that you can beat the hell out of it and it stays playable. Some scuffs, etc, but you can easily play this ball for multiple rounds, which is what I did today. I grabbed the same one that I play a sim round and an outdoor round and used it again.

I'm really starting to think that I should just stick to this ball this year. I love the RX too, but this ball seems to be made for my game.

Good read Hawk and I need to run to town and pick up a dozen yellow mellows. They do make the 2011 version in yellow right?

Love the updates on this one. I have one ball of the 2011 E6 line and I am going to play it this weekend.

Good read Hawk and I need to run to town and pick up a dozen yellow mellows. They do make the 2011 version in yellow right?

Yes, I believe a picture was posted by another member earlier in this thread.

I just can't say enough good things about this ball. Obviously, it's not for everybody in that some will want a softer cover, but for my swing speed and tendencies, it's pretty much impossible to beat.

Some great updates. Loving what I'm seeing about the 2011 version of the e6. I think I still have a couple of yellow 2010's hiding in my ball pocket somewhere, trying to decide if I want to get some 2011 e6's, e7's, or e5's to play this year when they're gone.

Iv been playing t e6 for several months now and love the ball. I also thought the yellow was a limited edition so I purchased about 10 boxes during Christmas. I have lots left. Now I have to wait until I use them up before I purchase the 2011. Maybe.

I have been using some other balls off and on just to try out something different and have noticed that I hit some of them further but not straighter. I also notice that some of them check up better but do not feel as good off the club. I hear soem people saying that te hcover is hard but it seems soft to me. It this just the second layer I am feeling compress? Why does the ball feel soft off the club head but people say the cover is hard?

I also hit the ball high, too high in my opinion. would the new e7 be better for me and if so does it still have the the anti slice/draw characteristics that the e6 has? I have tried the 2010 e7 and did not notice much difference.

Iv been playing t e6 for several months now and love the ball. I also thought the yellow was a limited edition so I purchased about 10 boxes during Christmas. I have lots left. Now I have to wait until I use them up before I purchase the 2011. Maybe.

I have been using some other balls off and on just to try out something different and have noticed that I hit some of them further but not straighter. I also notice that some of them check up better but do not feel as good off the club. I hear soem people saying that te hcover is hard but it seems soft to me. It this just the second layer I am feeling compress? Why does the ball feel soft off the club head but people say the cover is hard?

I also hit the ball high, too high in my opinion. would the new e7 be better for me and if so does it still have the the anti slice/draw characteristics that the e6 has? I have tried the 2010 e7 and did not notice much difference.

Golfers many times get confused with the terms "soft" and "spinny" or "cover soft". When manufacturers talk about a golf ball being soft, they are usually speaking to how it reacts to the club head on a full shot. That would be the core and the compression. The e6 is very soft in that way and makes it easier for many amateur golfers to compress. It does not have a urethane cover, so it is not the spinniest ball around the green though.

You may want to check out our online B-Fit program on the home page. You dont even have to leave the page, just click it and answer the questions as they come up.

Golfers many times get confused with the terms "soft" and "spinny" or "cover soft". When manufacturers talk about a golf ball being soft, they are usually speaking to how it reacts to the club head on a full shot. That would be the core and the compression. The e6 is very soft in that way and makes it easier for many amateur golfers to compress. It does not have a urethane cover, so it is not the spinniest ball around the green though.

You may want to check out our online B-Fit program on the home page. You dont even have to leave the page, just click it and answer the questions as they come up.

Thanks, I did do the fitting awhile ago online and the e6 is what it recommended but it might be interesting to take it again since i have been playing more. Thanks for the info on the core. I thought that the cover is what made it feel like that.

Thats what makes this site cool, lots of good info.

just took the ball fitting again online. Same results e6.

rr, I would recommend checking out Bridgestone's website and seeing when they will be in your area for a fitting. You can try out both the e6 and e7 (or any ball for that matter) to see which one gives you the better numbers.

The e7 will bring your ball flight down but it doesn't have the same characteistics of the e6 in terms of 'softness' or 'anti-side spin' properties. Check out the new e7 and see if there is a noticable difference for you now. Bridgestone's website is really cool and thorough at online fittign but ultimately in person testing, etc is the way to go. Try both 2011 e6 and e7's to see what you think

These are my favorite ball now , love the feel and they seem to have a bit of bite to them on the green . Found some in the orange for $20.00 a dozen ,great deal if you ask me !

Seriously, I want this ball in Pink! :D

These are my favorite ball now , love the feel and they seem to have a bit of bite to them on the green . Found some in the orange for $20.00 a dozen ,great deal if you ask me !

The price of this series has always been something that made me appreciate them as well. I really feel like this is a ball that could help a ton of golfers if they gave it a try (after a fitting, of course). Funny story is that I convinced myself that the e5 was the ball for me, but the numbers just don't lie. The e6 blew away the e5 for me. It wasn't even close. It really goes to show how important it is to go into a fitting with an open mind.

Do any of the B series balls have the anti side spin characteristics as the e6? The reason I ask is because I want a ball with more green side spin but still have the driver flight characteristics as the e6. I played a few holes again yesterday with a ProV1x and that ball just bits up so much better then the e6. I can hit it at the stick and it stays. With the e6 I have to calculate for run and I hit the ball high.

No, not really. In the end, you are probably going to have to look at a compromise and decide if you want more spin or more straight.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Do any of the B series balls have the anti side spin characteristics as the e6? The reason I ask is because I want a ball with more green side spin but still have the driver flight characteristics as the e6. I played a few holes again yesterday with a ProV1x and that ball just bits up so much better then the e6. I can hit it at the stick and it stays. With the e6 I have to calculate for run and I hit the ball high.

have you tried the RX or RXS?

have you tried the RX or RXS?
I tried the RXS but in all fairness I did not give them a long enough chance because it was summer and the greens at our course were always soft and the e6 held. Now that they are not getting as much water its not the case. Ill try the RXS again.

I've found the B330-RX is a great compromise between the sidespin reduction of the e6 and the tour control and spin of the B330-S.

I've found the B330-RX is a great compromise between the sidespin reduction of the e6 and the tour control and spin of the B330-S.

This is true. I like the RX a bunch and it's definitely the best tour-level ball I've played for my game in terms of driver distance and controlling bad spin.

Had a perfect example today of why a ball fit for you is better. I found a Srixon AD333 while walking and stuck it in my pocket. I've actually wanted to try it for awhile now, but haven't had a chance. I teed it up with the driver and hit a beauty of a drive into the wind. High ball, little fade that came back to center. Just a great drive. Then I teed up the e6 and had the rare opportunity of hitting two perfect (for me) drives in a row. Almost identical ballflight, but the e6 was a bit higher and had just a hint less fade. The were actually in almost the same spot directionally and looked like they were laying on top of each other from a distance. As I got closer, I saw the e6 was 10 yards farther on almost the exact same line. Get fit people!

I started playing the e6 this year, and it did take me a couple of rounds to get used to how much release the ball has on the greens, but now that I have gotten used to it, I would not trade this ball for anything. It is ridiculously straight off of the tee, and it still has a good feel off of the face of my putter and wedges. I love it.

Back