Real Housewives of the PGA

You read all the time about how that much money and fame will mess with a person and they become someone they don't even recognize anymore.

LMAO! That is so wrong but so funny, hahaha!

Ah, so you got the true inside scoop on what women are really like. I have been trying to tell my male friends for years that the way women talk with other women is far worse then the way most guys talk to each other. We try to be 'ladylike' in front of men but when it's just the girls we say everything.
And by everything you aren't kidding! LOL God knows they certainly grilled me.

That's the next installment: Wive of Over-Rated Teaching Pros

:D:D:D:D ...... we all know how trashy the other shows have been.... will them be showing how tuff its out there when traveling on tour or back home spending all $$$ hubby's make on tour? :confused2::confused2:

You read all the time about how that much money and fame will mess with a person and they become someone they don't even recognize anymore.

That is so true. It's been proved hundreds of times before. It's sad really, but our society's drive to be rich and famous forces people into these situations that many can't handle. Society wants it, so it happens. The unfortunate thing is that even when they fall, they still try to capitalize on it (Celebrity Rehab for example). It's sickening. Our society has been so obsessed with this for so long there's really no turning back. It's really the cheap and dirty version of the American dream. Get rich and famous quickly and worry later what it does to you. That is if you worry about it at all. Making yourself and better person and striving for it (the real American dream) is noble and definitely worth while. Nobody wants to put the effort in anymore. Get rich..... quick. That's all anybody cares about anymore. And then we wonder why the kids today are so messed up.

Sorry, I'll stop ranting now. This is just something that has been bothering me for a REALLY long time.

I agree with you but I'm going to make this point just for the sake of making it....people see how easy it is to be struck by lightning and do get something for nothing so why bother? Not my beliefs but I think that's what the mindset is of the younger generation, or even certain people in other generations too.....my generation and the one before mine? We're hosed.
That is so true. It's been proved hundreds of times before. It's sad really, but our society's drive to be rich and famous forces people into these situations that many can't handle. Society wants it, so it happens. The unfortunate thing is that even when they fall, they still try to capitalize on it (Celebrity Rehab for example). It's sickening. Our society has been so obsessed with this for so long there's really no turning back. It's really the cheap and dirty version of the American dream. Get rich and famous quickly and worry later what it does to you. That is if you worry about it at all. Making yourself and better person and striving for it (the real American dream) is noble and definitely worth while. Nobody wants to put the effort in anymore. Get rich..... quick. That's all anybody cares about anymore. And then we wonder why the kids today are so messed up.

Sorry, I'll stop ranting now. This is just something that has been bothering me for a REALLY long time.

I agree with you but I'm going to make this point just for the sake of making it....people see how easy it is to be struck by lightning and do get something for nothing so why bother? Not my beliefs but I think that's what the mindset is of the younger generation, or even certain people in other generations too.....my generation and the one before mine? We're hosed.
I started working when I was 7. I worked through grade school, high school, college, and grad school. My problem was I was born to early. lol

great, another reality TV show

We've made it too easy. Used to be you needed talent to make it in Hollywood or wherever. Now you just need to say ____________, and next thing you know they're "famous". It all boils down to money. If there's a dollar to be made somewhere, somebody will find a way to capitalize on it.

which there's nothig wrong with....how some go about doing it is another discussion....

maybe Elin can make a special guest appearance at their tupperware party?

We've made it too easy. Used to be you needed talent to make it in Hollywood or wherever. Now you just need to say ____________, and next thing you know they're "famous". It all boils down to money. If there's a dollar to be made somewhere, somebody will find a way to capitalize on it.

which there's nothig wrong with....how some go about doing it is another discussion....

maybe Elin can make a special guest appearance at their tupperware party?

True enough. I guess it is the American dream for some. Making money makes the world go round.

I guess at the end of the day for myself, I'll take the rich, leave the famous.

Reality tv is successful for one simple reason, people are obsessed with people. Before tv my grandparents would tell me how the locals would meet at the ole watering hole and talk about all the happenings of folk around town, we're all familar with the sterotyping of women as caty and gossipy (some of which has been alluded to on page 2 of this thread), so and and his wife are fighting, person x and person y don't like each, bob's car was parked at betty lou's house all night last night. so on and so forth

Reality tv just puts it on a tv in your living room in a nicely packaged bow of drama. I severely dislike reality tv and refuse to watch it, but unfortunately i understand why people are attracted to it. Its the human condition.

As for being famous, i used to be in the camp that was upset that people like the kardashians are famous for being famous, but really it's not their fault. It's not their fault that people fawn all over them for being them. Full discloser, I don't "get" celebrity culture, i have way to much pride to ever "fawn all over someone", even a man like Tiger or Nicklaus, if i met them i'd feel obligated to them and to myself to treate myself with respect and interact with them the way i'd interact with anybody else. I don't quite understand the obsession some people get over celebrties and turn themselves into mush when in the presence of said celebrites. It's not Kardashian's fault that people fawn all over her and make her marketable to tv/advertising, i think it's sad that people do, but i don't blame the kardashian for that.

I think this is going to be a waste of time, but it's certainly not going to be wasting my time because i won't be watching. I say salude to anyone who does want to watch it, more power to you.

Last edited:
This can't be any worse than the crap my wife watches

Just Tap It In. Just Tap It In.

Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame , another garbage show NOT to watch !

mmmm Elin!! just sayin'

I quit watching "reality" TV when I realized that their "reality" is no where near my reality.

Back