Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Not going to lie, I wish I had the mashie back. I had an "ahhhh- haaaaaa" moment today with my hybrid after a few hooks and once I got it figured out everything was perfect. I will have to give it a go some time down the line to see if we can maybe be friends again. I miss the nice sound and feel it had. The shaft is amazing in it. I think im ruined with all other shafts except for the Miyazaki, Its just solid.

I pulled the trigger on the m4 today. Can't wait to try it out on the course in a couple weeks when I travel to florida.

During my range session today I spent a good amount of time and balls on the Mashie. Im still amazed just easy this club is to hit. The M3 just launches high but still penetrating. The M2 not quite as high but still just goes. The only thing that has me confused is they both seemed to be going the same distance.. :confused2: Maybe its just my bad swing though. I probably hit too many of my bucket trying to get a discernible distance but I never could. Im going to have to pay attention to this because its pointless to have two clubs both going the same distance for me.

My M3 arrives Monday! I can't wait to spend some range time with it.

During my range session today I spent a good amount of time and balls on the Mashie. Im still amazed just easy this club is to hit. The M3 just launches high but still penetrating. The M2 not quite as high but still just goes. The only thing that has me confused is they both seemed to be going the same distance.. :confused2: Maybe its just my bad swing though. I probably hit too many of my bucket trying to get a discernible distance but I never could. Im going to have to pay attention to this because its pointless to have two clubs both going the same distance for me.

I have been playing M2 & M4, I have hit my M4 from 190 yards with an average around 200 depending on the roll. About three times I have gotten up to 220 yards. I have not been able to hit M2 consistence yet. I have hit my M2 a maxium of 210-215 with roll. My M4 seems to be a better club for me right now. Actually it is my go to club. I have played the M2 for about 2 rounds and a range session. I am hoping I can be as consistence with it as the M4. Now, I am wondering how the M3 would fit in my game.

I have been playing M2 & M4, I have hit my M4 from 190 yards with an average around 200 depending on the roll. About three times I have gotten up to 220 yards. I have not been able to hit M2 consistence yet. I have hit my M2 a maxium of 210-215 with roll. My M4 seems to be a better club for me right now. Actually it is my go to club. I have played the M2 for about 2 rounds and a range session. I am hoping I can be as consistence with it as the M4. Now, I am wondering how the M3 would fit in my game.

Yeah I can just kill the M3 all day pretty consistently. Im actually thinking about going M1 and M3. Not sure just yet. It is cool to see lots of Mashies in the bag though, who cares how far they go lol

Had the Mashie on a new course today. Only got to hit it once off the tee box but it was a beautiful little draw right in the fairway. Hit it twice off the deck and both times it performed flawlessly. Really pondering an M4 now.

Yes but very low. I tee it a little bit lower then my 3w but a little higher then my irons.

It's mostly a visual thing for me, but I do have some suspicion that the offset may be contributing to the occasional hooks that I'm experiencing.

enough said about the mashie right there. I cant and will not ever use or buy a club that is offset to a draw. That is the last thing I need for my swing. I like a club to be slightly open at address. Dont get me wrong the mashie felt good and crisp but didnt like the closed face. I would rather take advantage of the new technology like the new TM 11 rescue and the Titleist 910h were I can open the club ace and make it custom for my personal liking. Also with all the custom shafts available now for the new hybrids it is a piece of cake to dial you settings in.

I took the Mashies to the range today to get a little practice in with them before I play tomorrow. I have only hit them a few times and wanted to see if I had any issues. Today my focus was mostly on hitting them off the tee since our ground is soaked from the rain. At first I struggled with a couple screamers off the tee but I think I had the ball too far forward. Once I moved the ball just forward of center and started swinging like I was hitting an iron instead of the woods I'm used to hitting, the shots were just what I was hoping for! I've been looking for something to add a little confidence to my game. I think I have found it. Fingers crossed!

Good luck tomorrow on the course KB, I know you will hit them well. Also I just now noticed the lower right hand sig. :D

After getting in a very heated discussion with UPS about their driver's attitude it was revealed the clubs WERE on the truck Friday, had he only checked when I politely asked if he was sure they weren't there and if he could check real quick for me this would have been averted. They are going to "try again Monday". This, is, killing, me. I want to get my Mashie on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and the Mashie just didn't get along that well today. I didn't get a chance to hit it much until after I was worn out, but I hit some pretty rotten shots with it. Kind of surprised me, but I was hitting everything crappy by that time. I did hit a couple nice shots with it and was impressed with the distance I saw.

On a side note, they put one of the tees today pretty much directly behind a tree that was about 50 yards away. No way to hit the fairway unless you can draw the ball. I've been working on a draw here and there and decided to give it a try. Worked perfectly, except I forgot to aim right. It started drawing right as it was headed into the tree. So, I aimed to the right and tried to replicate it and failed. Instead hit a really nice straight ball through the neighboring fairway lol.

I really wanted these clubs to work, but my Adams are staying put. I may check out the Super Hybrid again to see if that can reliably fill the gap between driver and 3H. Thinking A7 17 or a Super hybrid. If those don't do it I will go back to the M2.

I really wanted these clubs to work, but my Adams are staying put. I may check out the Super Hybrid again to see if that can reliably fill the gap between driver and 3H. Thinking A7 17 or a Super hybrid. If those don't do it I will go back to the M2.

My super black is safe from a Mashie takeover, and I would recommend giving it a go.

In other news, I swung my M2 again today and I am still overwhelmed by the lightness of the shaft, and how solid it loads. I can't wait to get it in the simulator.

Tap before talk.

My super black is safe from a Mashie takeover, and I would recommend giving it a go.

In other news, I swung my M2 again today and I am still overwhelmed by the lightness of the shaft, and how solid it loads. I can't wait to get it in the simulator.

Tap before talk.

Glad you like your SH. The Mashies really play havoc with gapping for me. It would be 1 Mashie (M2 or M1) or darned near all of them. They go TOO far. Really need that 220-230 club...M2 may still work.

This thing may be too light, I was going left 7/10. If anyone wants to pick up an M2 hit me up.

This thing may be too light, I was going left 7/10. If anyone wants to pick up an M2 hit me up.

We have a proper place for buying and selling and the testing thread is not it.

Got to get revenge on a course yesterday that has given me trouble every other time I played it and the Mashie was a big help with that. Some highlights:

Hole #4 - 292yd par 4 - This is an interestng hole as it is a dogleg left that the fairway ends around 200yds as it turns to the left , has some rough area then the fairway continues to the green. I teed up with the Mashie and set sites for the end of the landing area. Hit a typical "Mashie shot" the high, straight one we all know and love. Wound up in the rough (shot went 215 I would guess) then finished up the hole for a bogey ( lousy luck putting, one more roll and I'd have a par)

Hole #13 - 366 par 4 - THis was the most important hole of my round and I will explain why before I talk about my results. Up to tis point this had been the round of my life. I was hitting the ball better than I ever have and I was really impressing myself and my playing partners. ON the hole before this one the wheels fell off and I shot a freakin 10. I worked so hard on being mentally focused all day I really slipped up on that hole. My buddy's started joking with me saying "Ah the real Rhino has returned." I knew it was all in fun but I was still very angry. I was so angry with myself I badly pulled my drive into the left rough after going only 150 yards. I was borderline blowing my entire round, took a deep breath and I pulled out the Mashie knowing the confidence I have with this club. My shot landed just short of the green rolled to about 10 feet away. I looked to my buddies and winked at them and said "The new Rhino has arrived" Another bad break on my putting gave me a par instead of a birdie.

Here were just a couple of placed where the Mashie helped me today. I had played this course 3 times prior and I never scored under a 117. Yesterday's score... 93! :good:

Nice work Rhino. That has to feel great getting in that score! From everything I've heard and my own experience, the Mashie is just fantastic from the deep stuff.

Great job Rhino! I am glad the Mashie was able to calm you back down and get you back on your game. I love that feature of it.

Me and the Mashie just didn't get along that well today. I didn't get a chance to hit it much until after I was worn out, but I hit some pretty rotten shots with it. Kind of surprised me, but I was hitting everything crappy by that time. I did hit a couple nice shots with it and was impressed with the distance I saw.

On a side note, they put one of the tees today pretty much directly behind a tree that was about 50 yards away. No way to hit the fairway unless you can draw the ball. I've been working on a draw here and there and decided to give it a try. Worked perfectly, except I forgot to aim right. It started drawing right as it was headed into the tree. So, I aimed to the right and tried to replicate it and failed. Instead hit a really nice straight ball through the neighboring fairway lol.

The dreaded straight ball, I hate when that happens.

Wow great round WR!!

Back