Bridgestone B330 or B330s

INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending
Hey everyone, after playing a few different balls last year I finally settled on the Penta TP as my ball. Plays like a prov1x off tee and fairways and like a prov1 around the greens. However, I was given the suggestion to try the Bridgestone B330 or B330-s. From what I have gathered the B330 plays similar to a v1x and the B33-s plays similar to the V1. I did not try either of these balls last year and they have some great deals on them on Golfio.com right now (3 dozen for $70) so I thought I'd give them a shot before ordering a bunch of Penta balls. Any input on either the 330 or 330-s would be great. Thanks!

Click on the link above and all of your questions shall be answered! They are both great balls, but you need to find the one for you!

Thats a heck of a deal! I might get in on that. Free shipping on orders >$99.

I really like the B330-S, though they can be a little tough for me to compress with a driver (I swing 103-107 and they are for 105+). I really just depends on how much spin you want off the driver and around the green. These are last years model though, and the newer model does have a little more distance (ask P4B about that), but still a heck of a deal for premium balls.

Hey everyone, after playing a few different balls last year I finally settled on the Penta TP as my ball. Plays like a prov1x off tee and fairways and like a prov1 around the greens. However, I was given the suggestion to try the Bridgestone B330 or B330-s. From what I have gathered the B330 plays similar to a v1x and the B33-s plays similar to the V1. I did not try either of these balls last year and they have some great deals on them on Golfio.com right now (3 dozen for $70) so I thought I'd give them a shot before ordering a bunch of Penta balls. Any input on either the 330 or 330-s would be great. Thanks!

Your comparisons are pretty accurate in my opinion. The B330-S is a spinnier ball than the B330. In last year's model the B330 is designed for a slightly higher swing speed than the B330-S (I think 110+). The B330 spins less off the tee like the ProV1X, and like you guessed, the B330-S has a little more greenside spin. For the 2011 model, I think they market both balls for 105+ swing speeds.

I myself prefer the B330, for me they are straighter and longer off the tee. And around the green, I find hop and stop easier to control on approach shots than the ball backing up a lot like it does for me with a Prov1 or Penta TP or B330-S.

Both of these balls are also more resilient than the Pentas, which get beat up by wedge shots pretty quickly in my experience.

I was talking with the Bridgestone rep this weekend about both of those balls. He said I should probably go with the B330 over the s because of the higher greenside spin. He also said few people use the B330-s but I should make sure to get a ball fit if I get the chance to see for sure. I have a swing speed that is well above 105.

I was talking with the Bridgestone rep this weekend about both of those balls. He said I should probably go with the B330 over the s because of the higher greenside spin. He also said few people use the B330-s but I should make sure to get a ball fit if I get the chance to see for sure. I have a swing speed that is well above 105.

He really said that? (bolded part).....Hmmmmm.

I have played both balls. Last summer I began playing the 330-s early but moved to the 330 towards the end of the year. I liked both balls but the 330 was straighter off the tee (for me) than the 330-s. If you are a straight hitter but struggle with spin around the green I would go with the 330-s. Both of them are great balls and if you feel like you aren't compressing them due to a slower swing speed Bridgestone offers the rx and rxs as well.

if I were you I would buy a sleeve of each and go play a round, hitting both balls from the same spots and take the one you do better with/performs how you like it.

DL3 must be one of the few.

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger...I'm going to try each one. I didn't order the 3 dozen yet til I try each of them to see which one I like best. I got a dozen b330 and a dozen b330-s. Now that you guys have helped me I think I will be better off with the 330 though. I am a pretty straight hitter and it sounds like I will get plenty of spin with the 330 around the greens and more driver distance as well without the -s. However, My driver swing speed is only about 95 mph so I'll still have to wait and see if they work well for me or if I should give the RX or RXS a shot. Usually tour balls play fine for me (i.e. the penta, prov1x, nike one) but some things I have read seem to make me think that I HAVE to have a high swing speed for these b330 balls. I thought the penta tp balls played fine for my swing speed. Do the RX or RXS actually spin well around the greens compared to some tour balls?

Do the RX or RXS actually spin well around the greens compared to some tour balls?

Yeah they should be pretty much the same as the regular 330s as far as spin goes. I believe they have the same ball cover just different cores. I play the RX when it's cold here early in the season but move to the 330 once it warms up.

Do the RX or RXS actually spin well around the greens compared to some tour balls?

Of course. You can read the reviews on the home page if you would like. They offer a urethane cover just like any other tour level ball. Multilayers as well.

If your swing speed is that high you should have no issues with compressign the B330 at all. Either way a ball fitting will tell you what you should be leaning towards

After everyone's great feedback I wish I would have went to Bridgestone's website for the online fitting before ordering these. I think I would have been better off investing my money into some RX or RXS balls. It sounds like they would fit my swing speed better and they still give plenty of spin around the greens. Well...at least I got the B330 balls for a good price so they will be good to use at the beginning of the season until I shake the rust off...but I appreciate everyone's feedback and I will definitely be trying some RX and RXS balls as soon as I go through these couple dozen B330 and B330-s. But who knows...maybe these will surprise me and work well for me

INgolfer, Having played both ProV and ProVx for the last several years, I think I have found my ball with the B330 RX. I loved the ProV around the green but as I get older and my swing speed has decreased from the high 90's to the low 90's today, I felt I was loosing enough distance that it was counter productive to continue playing the ProV.

Having just switched to the B330 RX this spring, I have found the ball to be everything the online fitter told me it could be for me. I have noticed a overall increase in driver distance in the neighborhood of 10 to 20 yards. I also notice a increase as well from all other clubs as well including iron shots from both the fairway and the rough.

Around the green, the ball performs as well as the ProV and I still get a lot of spin and stopping power. The feel with the putter is much like the ProV as well and that is very important as well to me.

So far, as it is so early in our season here in Indiana, I am very happy with the results I'm seeing. I plan to attend a live outdoor fitting at Bobicks Golf in Ft. Wayne later this spring so I can compare both balls heads up with the aid of a monitor along with visual shots, but the results have been great.

I love the online fittings being offered by Bridgestone but I'm waiting on the live fitting as well. Great ball I think and I would rank it very high for anyone with my swingspeed that is looking for spin around the greens.

I had originally ordered a few dozen b330 and b330-s balls, but after everyone's advice, and with the help of a fellow THP member taking them off my hands for me, I did the online fitting and even did a live chat with a Bridgestone rep to help me find my ball. When I first got online and did the online fitting it was telling me that I should use the B330, but I thought that was a little off because I don't have a swing speed of 105+. So then I did the live chat and explained to the rep what I was trying to do. After he helped me out he said he did not understand why the online fitting suggested a B330 for me, but he said to definitely go for the B330-RSX. I ordered a dozen of them, as well as a dozen Panta balls because those are what I preferred before. That way I can compare them. They should get here tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to when I have another nice day here to give them both a try. After playing with the Penta balls most of last year I have been playing with a few Nike One Tour D balls that I had lying around my basement for my first couple of rounds this year. I used to love those, but now after playing with the Penta and seeing how soft they are the Tour D just feels like I'm smacking a rock around. I can't wait to get more Pentas and some RSX balls to give them a try. I will be sticking with one of those two for the rest of the year.

That is a great deal but that is last year's model. I just picked up 2 dozen of the 2011 verison at GolfTown for 32.99 each and was at Dicks Sports last night and they had them for the same price. (neither has them online for that price, just in store).

That is a great deal but that is last year's model. I just picked up 2 dozen of the 2011 verison at GolfTown for 32.99 each and was at Dicks Sports last night and they had them for the same price. (neither has them online for that price, just in store).

That's killer! I wish my dicks was doing this!!

Tapatalk- USGA non-conforming

I play with the 330S and love them. I find them to be straight and long off the tee and the are very spinny around the greens. I am very aggresive around the greens and with my approach shots so the extra spin is great. Someone gave me a box of the TM Penta balls and everything I hit was going past the hole. So it's all about what you do around the greens and how you like to hit your shots. Either one is a good ball!

Both are great balls. The choice really comes down to what you want: more distance or more spin.

Back