The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool that they picked your special day to have their own. I bet lots of celebrities will dpo the same so they can say they got married the same day as GG and JB. hehehe

We are pretty special ; ) We actually picked that date because I had the day off from work and I liked the way 4-29-09 (said four, twenty-nine, 'O' 9) sounded.

Our date is easy to remember, December 27th and we got married then for a reason. Both are parents are divorced and remarried and of course all 4 sets want us for christmas here and there especially with the grandson now. Now we go away for christmas, not because we don't want to see them but we are celebrating our anniversary! hehe It has worked out really really well.

That is brilliant!

Thanks GG, I would recommend this strategy for anyone in the same predicament we were in.

I wish we had done that except for Thanksgiving. That's the one that we keep getting pulled in 2 directions for. So far we have managed to just have turkey day be the two of us but I know this won't last forever.

Hey coolbreeze, did you get your corn pudding on?

I wish we had done that except for Thanksgiving. That's the one that we keep getting pulled in 2 directions for. So far we have managed to just have turkey day be the two of us but I know this won't last forever.

That would be good too, Thanksgiving I think is bigger in the US then it is in Canada, so I can see that totally.

Hey coolbreeze, did you get your corn pudding on?

Dude did I ever!! Thats stuff is awesome I can't believe I never tried it before. I have a little to my son who liked it too but I ate and order and a half. It takes corn bread and takes it too a new level. Next time I am in the south I am going to be on a search for Corn pudding!

That would be good too, Thanksgiving I think is bigger in the US then it is in Canada, so I can see that totally.

Christmas isn't a big deal in our families. My family is 100% Jewish so they don't celebrate Christmas at all and Josh's parents aren't into that either. However, Thanksgiving is the one holiday they have both asked us to attend. It's my mother's favorite holiday because there is nothing religious about it instead it's just about the food, family and friends.

Christmas isn't a big deal in our families. My family is 100% Jewish so they don't celebrate Christmas at all and Josh's parents aren't into that either. However, Thanksgiving is the one holiday they have both asked us to attend. It's my mother's favorite holiday because there is nothing religious about it instead it's just about the food, family and friends.

Its my favorite holiday as well, although not big in our families. You get the best meal of the year, family and friends, with no presents and stress and a day off work. Simply the perfect holiday IMHO.

Dude did I ever!! Thats stuff is awesome I can't believe I never tried it before. I have a little to my son who liked it too but I ate and order and a half. It takes corn bread and takes it too a new level. Next time I am in the south I am going to be on a search for Corn pudding!

Glad you liked it....I actually make some good corn pudding myself. It's good with a steak.

Glad you liked it....I actually make some good corn pudding myself. It's good with a steak.

I can see that. I found a few recipes online for it and might try to make some myself.

Its my favorite holiday as well, although not big in our families. You get the best meal of the year, family and friends, with no presents and stress and a day off work. Simply the perfect holiday IMHO.

That is exactly what my mom says.

What is corn pudding? Or do I not want to know?

Here you go GG:

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/corn-pudding

As a bbq fan, you must try it.

This is the way we do it. Awesome!

JIFFY CORN PUDDING

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1850,153170-231206,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can cream corn
1 stick butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. sour cream
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix

Melt butter in dish. Put in corn and cream. Mix together well. Sprinkle corn bread mix over corn and stir all together. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

This is the way we do it. Awesome!

JIFFY CORN PUDDING

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1850,153170-231206,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can cream corn
1 stick butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. sour cream
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix

Melt butter in dish. Put in corn and cream. Mix together well. Sprinkle corn bread mix over corn and stir all together. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

You may want to add this to the recipe thread.

That looks a lot like a corn/cornbread casserole that I make which has become a favorite of both JB and I during Thanksgiving.

That is basically all it is.

THP is "hoppin" right now. So many posts, so many new members. I like it. I tried to read all of the posts but I dont think I can keep up.

just think if you were a mod....mind boggling!
THP is "hoppin" right now. So many posts, so many new members. I like it. I tried to read all of the posts but I dont think I can keep up.

Sorry Yoccos but every time Spaceman_Spiff posts and I see his avatar there's a piece of me that just chuckles.

whole different responsibility unto itself, man
Makes you glad you just test equipment and not have to moderate anything, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back