Music before a round

HAHAHA that song just brings back middle school all over again!!! I laugh just thinking about him in his sparkling suit and crazy dance moves

LOL - my son named his stuffed penguin Ice. I sing this to my kids all the time. They think it's funny, but when I played it on YouTube for them, they told me it was terrible and wouldn't listen to it.

This is a really fun thread. I don't have any music in particular that I listen to. When I play other sports I try to get more pumped up (running, ultimate frisbee, snowboarding), and listen to chick-rock (Ani DiFranco, Liz Phair), but I try to mellow out a little more for golf. I have had terrible rounds with some bad songs suck in my head - bad swing rhythm. I should find something that clicks though... I'll think about it some more.

I can never get enough metal! :guitar:
Seems to relax me a bit before I go out and play.

All that remains, August burns red, between the buried and me, parkway drive.....just to name a few.

Rep added for the August Burns Red.

I always listen to Guttermouth, The Vandals, Pennywise, NOFX, and Misfits on shuffle before the round. If I'm not amped up enough by those that day I throw on some Slayer "Angel of Death" and I'm ready to destroy some golf balls.

if i have headphones then ill listen to jay-z before i play. it calms me down a pit but it also makes me happy!

Agalloch, Meshuggah, Wolves in the Throne Room. Cheery, happy stuff.

I actually have never done it, or that I can remember. I actually remember trying to play with my ipod running and I was about to hit a drive when Ludacris came on and some huge bass just pumped on right on my downswing and I just completely topped the ball. I had to laugh at myself.

If I listen to anything it's a mix cd I made Aerosmith, AC/DC and the Stones

Last few rounds I've been listening to a new rock station in town. They play a little bit of everything, so I have recently discovered Escape the Fate, All that Remains and Bring the Horizon. Plus they play much FiveFinger Deathpunch as wel as Stone Sour and Slipknot. Since the cd player is out in my truck and I can't play an iPod through it, really old stereo, I just listen to that new station now, and it gets me pretty pumped. Not sure I could listen to Slayer, as I want to destroy a little white ball, not kill my playing partners. Just looked up August Burns Red, I could deal with that before a round, that's good stuff. My wife would turn it off as soon as it came on, but, oh well, her loss.

@SethO - feels good to spread the word about ABR...

to all...check out Cancer Bats.
specifically their song Hail Destroyer and they do a gnarly cover of the Beastie Boys - Sabotage

if that doesn't get you pumped up, check your pulse!

I'm at one extreme end of the spectrum or the other. It's either something like Atreyu or classical music. Certainly depends on the day I had at work.

Last time I played, I listened to the Haarp, "The Filth", album before I went out. Slower music, and wouldn't you know it, had the best round of the year.

Rise Against or The Clash is always a good start to a round, either that or the new Kanye if I am feeling kinda dope yo...

Yes I do. I like to get pumped up before I play. I normally play AC/DC thunderstruck!!! Awesome song to get rialed up to. Gets my juices flowing!!!

I always listen to Guttermouth, The Vandals, Pennywise, NOFX, and Misfits on shuffle before the round. If I'm not amped up enough by those that day I throw on some Slayer "Angel of Death" and I'm ready to destroy some golf balls.

Nice play list, I always got some Slayer and Misfits action. Sometimes I tone it down with some Slipknot or Godsmack

If I listen to anything it's a mix cd I made Aerosmith, AC/DC and the Stones

+1 to AC/DC!

I'll also listen to some lil' wayne or nas if I want to get pumped up.

It's odd that metal is what alot of people listen to, I am the same...you gotta be in that confident, smash you in the face, kinda mood to play well I am convinced. Works for me anyway:arrogant:

For sure,I think there is 12 of us going. Im going to eat steak, gamble and drink Wild Turkey for 48 hours straight.

If this doesnt get you pumped before a round of golf then your not living.

[YOUTUBE]u2OR6Kjo5m4[/YOUTUBE]
I salute you for one of the best posts ever! I both laughed (The Hulkster), and cried (wishing! I were going to drink WT for 48 hrs and play golf). Well done my man, well done

whats wrong with alittle Francis Albert, or maybe some Nina Simone, or even some Jimmy Buffet...or gasp... Grateful Dead i always love "for the faithful" one of the greatest albums in the history of recorded music.

Sergio Flores-The Sexy Sax Man. He's above the law.

Kevin

This is something I've actually put a little bit of thought into since I do think it affects my play on the first hole or so.

I find that listening to anything relaxing/calming is good. I love rock/metal but can't listen to it before playing golf. Generally I stick to soft rock or some classical maybe.

I like to listen to catchy music before the round. I often find myself humming along while on the course which my partners are not too fond of. :dance:

I don't go for a music before commencing any work. It is not a source of push for me. But for a lot of people it is. And may be a motivation for them to start over with it.

Great pre-game song

Great pre-game song

Shania Twain's Today Is Your Day. Listen to the words and it'll help you shoot par (or better).
You got a favorite song to get you pumped for golf?

Mine are a few songs local teams use for intros:

Nebraska Cornhuskers Football:
Sirius by The Alan Parsons Project
Tunnel Walk Prayer:
Spoiler
Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by

Day by Day, we get better and better!

Til' we can't be beat...WON'T BE BEAT!

Kickoff song, "Can You Feel It". It is a Michael Jackson son that was remixed by Matt Jamison

And finally the intro song for our local hockey team:
Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Back