Best Oklahoma-North Texas courses

Weezy

Reaction score
What are some of the best courses that you guys and gals have played in Oklahoma or north Texas? I plan on playing the Tour 18 in the Dallas area later on this summer, and possibly Karsten Creek in Stillwater OK.

Is there any specific tracks that are unique or have played that are nice courses that you would like to share?

What are some of the best courses that you guys and gals have played in Oklahoma or north Texas? I plan on playing the Tour 18 in the Dallas area later on this summer, and possibly Karsten Creek in Stillwater OK.

Is there any specific tracks that are unique or have played that are nice courses that you would like to share?

Man, if you foot the 300.00 tab to play Karsten, you're my hero! Of course if you know a member its only 125.00.

Lakeside in Stillwater is pretty nice, Aqua Canyon and Cimarron National in Guthrie are nice too. None anywhere in the stratosphere of Karsten, only other like that I can think of would be Oak Tree's courses in Edmond, even then though you better find a member.

Yeah, I'm going to have to find a member. There's NO WAY I can shell that out! For 300, this hacker would rather just pay for a nice set of lessons ha ha!
I was told that if you go with a OSU student that you can get a discount, but I need to look into that more!

I have heard a lot about Aqua Canyon, so I would like to try it out! I will check Lakeside and Cimmarron out!

Have you heard anything about WinStar in Thackerville? I was told it's a really nice new course down by the Texas border

Yeah, I'm going to have to find a member. There's NO WAY I can shell that out! For 300, this hacker would rather just pay for a nice set of lessons ha ha!
I was told that if you go with a OSU student that you can get a discount, but I need to look into that more!

I have heard a lot about Aqua Canyon, so I would like to try it out! I will check Lakeside and Cimmarron out!

Have you heard anything about WinStar in Thackerville? I was told it's a really nice new course down by the Texas border

I have heard Winstar is a nice course. Courses closer to OKC that are nice are Rose Creek in Edmond and Winter Creek in Blanchard. Both are supposed to be great courses. Aqua Canyon and Cimmaron National are decent courses. I can't remember which one is which but one is wwwaaaaayyyyyy tougher than the other one. Public couses in OKC that are decent are Lincoln Park, Trosper Park, and John Conrad in Midwest City.

I have heard Winstar is a nice course. Courses closer to OKC that are nice are Rose Creek in Edmond and Winter Creek in Blanchard. Both are supposed to be great courses. Aqua Canyon and Cimmaron National are decent courses. I can't remember which one is which but one is wwwaaaaayyyyyy tougher than the other one. Public couses in OKC that are decent are Lincoln Park, Trosper Park, and John Conrad in Midwest City.

As far as I know (when I was there a few years back lol) Karsten gives no discount to students to get on so you might have a hard time finding one with a membership.

Tbox, thanks for those, I'll have to check them out.

I'm terrible but I'm thinking this summer us Okies may have to swing a little get-together hmmm?

Students do not get a discount at Karsten. Maybe if that student plays on the golf team. A member of the golf team can walk on at any time with their foursome and just push the tee times back. We were going to play once but got a call the day before that the womens team decided to hold an impromptu practice and they want the course closed. The course was built for the team so they get the priority. Kind of cool. Hence the high green fees to limit number of rounds.

As far as I know (when I was there a few years back lol) Karsten gives no discount to students to get on so you might have a hard time finding one with a membership.

Tbox, thanks for those, I'll have to check them out.

I'm terrible but I'm thinking this summer us Okies may have to swing a little get-together hmmm?

I would be down with a get-together in Oklahoma. Not sure where everyone lives but there are a bunch of municipal courses in OKC and the surrounding areas that we can play and maybe even a few private courses I could get us on at. When the weather starts staying consistent, I might try and start that up if anyone else is interested.

I would be down with a get-together in Oklahoma. Not sure where everyone lives but there are a bunch of municipal courses in OKC and the surrounding areas that we can play and maybe even a few private courses I could get us on at. When the weather starts staying consistent, I might try and start that up if anyone else is interested.

I'd be down, especially since I'm not coaching anymore, LOTS of free time.

Winstar is nice....not to difficult. They want to keep their gamblers happy.
Turtle Hill in Muenster, TX is a cool track.
Dornick, in Ardmore is nice...classic Perry Maxwell design. The colleges have a big tourney there every year. I don't know if it's open to public play.

The Tribute in DFW area is 18 British Open holes. It's on my bucket list. It is north of $100. But, M-Th rounds can be had for about $80, I think, if you find a coupon.

The ultimate in public play for N Texas is The Cowboys Golf Club, owned by Jerry Jones, also on my bucket list. It's about $280. I've seen coupons anywhere from $120-150.

Winstar is nice....not to difficult. They want to keep their gamblers happy.
Turtle Hill in Muenster, TX is a cool track.
Dornick, in Ardmore is nice...classic Perry Maxwell design. The colleges have a big tourney there every year. I don't know if it's open to public play.

The Tribute in DFW area is 18 British Open holes. It's on my bucket list. It is north of $100. But, M-Th rounds can be had for about $80, I think, if you find a coupon.

The ultimate in public play for N Texas is The Cowboys Golf Club, owned by Jerry Jones, also on my bucket list. It's about $280. I've seen coupons anywhere from $120-150.

I agree. Never played it before but seen it a bunch of times.

I have heard the winstar course is very nice.

Also, there is a place in weatherford, TX. I plan on playing there sometime this summer that is really really nice. Its only $60 to. Its called Canyon west.

There are a ton of courses located around N. Texas that are really nice. Its basically drive and for each 5 minnutes that goes by there will be a course. Thousands of them every were.

Jman, that sounds like an awesome plan to me! I'm down for it whenever everyone is free! I haven't played too many courses in the OKC area. I played at Trosper Park and Lincoln Park back when I was in high school. I'm in southern OK, but I'm up to traveling anywhere to play some good golf!

staticline, I have played at Dornick Hills back in high school. It was a WONDERFUL golf course. It's track has to be my favorite classic course I have ever played. I won one the few tournaments I won in school at Dornick, so it's dear to me!
I've heard a lot about Turtle Hill, and The Cowboy's course! I would love to get down there and play! The Tribute sounds like a great course, one I've never heard of!

totally true what Bridges said... think there are nearly 2K-2500 in and around the N.TX area...
Thorntree down south used to be home base... years ago, when they opened. still a solid course. Stonebriar in Frisco is good, Plano has Los Rios, Pecan Trails... which is being remodeled - can't wait to see what they do with it. 10 month renov.

There are the obvious classics in Dallas & Fort Worth. Colonial, Royal Oaks, DCC, Lakewood, Stevens Park... etc.
If you'r coming through OK & NTX... you might as well take the 3 hour trip south and hit some of the great courses in Austin.

If you're looking for an OK getaway... what do the Okies on here think of Broken Bow? played with 2 foursomes some 2-3 years back and was a blast.

cheers

Jman, that sounds like an awesome plan to me! I'm down for it whenever everyone is free! I haven't played too many courses in the OKC area. I played at Trosper Park and Lincoln Park back when I was in high school. I'm in southern OK, but I'm up to traveling anywhere to play some good golf!

staticline, I have played at Dornick Hills back in high school. It was a WONDERFUL golf course. It's track has to be my favorite classic course I have ever played. I won one the few tournaments I won in school at Dornick, so it's dear to me!
I've heard a lot about Turtle Hill, and The Cowboy's course! I would love to get down there and play! The Tribute sounds like a great course, one I've never heard of!

Agreed, we need to make it happen this summer for sure. I'll do nothing but slow the group down but it has the potential for a helluva good time and some new friends!

The Tribute is very nice. The holes are very nearly perfect replicas of the British open holes they represent. Some of the bunkers are not quite as deep as the originals to add playability, I suppose.

I've played Tour 18 and I thought it was great but keep in mind I've only played on 6 or 7 different courses in my short golfing career. The price range is normally around $100 but they have deals from time to time that offer $50 to play. I just bought such a deal last week. Anyway, I loved the idea of playing some of the famous golf holes from around the country (even if they are replicas). The course was in great condition even in February. In fact, my profile photo was taken while playing that course. We were playing the replica 17th hole from TPC Sawgrass. As you can tell, my shot went left lol.

I have also heard that The Tribute is really fun to play. Great quality and a friendly staff. A friend of a friend has actually played both the Tribute and Tour 18 and he liked Tour 18 better. But take it for what its worth.....its just his opinion.

If you play The Tribute and have a couple of extra hours to kill, there is a 9 hole golf course (play through twice) right down the road that charges $15 - $30 to play. Its not in the greatest condition but the price is right lol. It has some nice lake views at least.

If you play The Tribute and have a couple of extra hours to kill, there is a 9 hole golf course (play through twice) right down the road that charges $15 - $30 to play. Its not in the greatest condition but the price is right lol. It has some nice lake views at least.

Just FYI, I was kidding about Stewarts Peninsula. You should only play there when your wallet has cobwebs in it. Otherwise, there are alot of other metroplex courses that are way better for about $20-$30 extra.

Jman you wouldnt slow me down, I would be slowing everyone else down! You never know when my nasty shots will come out.. and let me tell you, they can be NASTY!! haha

You guys are getting me pumped up about playing some of the spots! The Tour 18 for around $50 sounds like a great deal!

Back